cultivating and seeding

iansbestnana

cultivating and seeding

Post by iansbestnana »

Farming Simulator 20 on Switch

Is there a tractor in the game that would allow me to cultivate and seed at the same time?

I wish there were mods for this game, but I'm liking it so far but it's painfully slow to accumulate $$$

Thanks

Edit don_apple: topic moved from 'General discussion' to 'Faming simulator 20' section.
Kimpak

Re: cultivating and seeding

Post by Kimpak »

Technically yes, if you go into the cultivators category in the shop, the Discolander can cultivate and plant grass or canola at the same time. Problem is, helpers won't use it unless you are planting one of those things. If you're manually using it, I also found its a little difficult to see where you've been in the field so you might miss some spots.

If you're goal is to make money fast though, I'd recommend just planting soybeans. Hold them in your bin till the price is $1800 or above then sell. You can make a lot of money this way. I like to cultivate and plant one field (Using a planter that also fertilizes at the same time).Then fast forward time at x45 till the first growth stage. Turn time back to real time and cultivate/plant the next field. Repeat for the 4 fields next tot he main farm. If I time it this way, it makes it so there is almost always a field that needs something done on it so I don't get too bored.

After I made a bunch of money from soybeans I expanded into animals and eventually cotton. Now that the JD cotton picker just came out, I need to save up again and get the new harvester. Should be able to once cotton prices go back up in my game. I'm sitting on a bunch of modules to sell.
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

Thank you very much for your helpful reply. Some of your suggestions I have already implemented (selling @ 1800 or higher). I have fields 1-4 ready to harvest right now. I will look for the planter/fertilizer and buy it if I have enough $$$.

Thanks again. I appreciate your advice.
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

Either I have the wrong equipment, or something funny is going on!

I bought (I think accidentally, as I meant to get the next larger size but skipped it) a larger seeder - The Rapid A 600S. It looks like fertilizer can be added to it to seed and fertilize at the same time. But I cannot figure out how to get the fertilizer! Can someone please coach me on how to do this? I appreciate your help. Thanks.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

iansbestnana wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:19 pm Either I have the wrong equipment, or something funny is going on!

I bought (I think accidentally, as I meant to get the next larger size but skipped it) a larger seeder - The Rapid A 600S. It looks like fertilizer can be added to it to seed and fertilize at the same time. But I cannot figure out how to get the fertilizer! Can someone please coach me on how to do this? I appreciate your help. Thanks.
Drive under the fertilizer fill point...?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

I tried that with both of my seeders. Nada. Nothing. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if I was inadvertently given incorrect information. Frustrating to say the least!!!
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

The Rapid A 600s doesn't have fert capability. If you are in the store look in the stats, just to the right of the working speed (18 kph for the Rapid A 600s) is the fill type icon. The white square with a little plant/leaves means 'seeds'. Now switch to the Amazone ED 3000-C which is the seeder right next to the Rapid. Now you'll see 2 icons under that stat, the seed icon like before and another one that is supposed to look like a rounded bag with a single leaf on it. That's fertalizer. If you can swing it, I'd recommend going up to the Horsch Pronto 9 DC. That has a decent working width and can fert. You can sell your old seeder and any fert equipment you have (make sure you use up any fert still in it though otherwise you're wasting money) to help subsidize the cost.
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

Thank you. I appreciate the advice. I did get the smaller seeder/fertilizer and it's made a real difference in my yield (and $$). My silo is less than half full, so I can wait to get the best price. I saw it over 1900 a couple of days ago. I can wait.

The only thing eating into my profits is the fact that I need to use helpers because of some hand issues I have. But the profits are still there. I want to get up to $400K so I can get the larger harvester and not wipe out my entire account. I'm over half way there now.

Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated!!