Can't Buy a Field

iansbestnana

Can't Buy a Field

Post by iansbestnana »

FS20 Nintendo Switch

I cannot buy field #7, the one by Drake's Bio Flakes! Yesterday, I walked to the field to check the price, but didn't buy it at that time. When I went back later to buy it, I couldn't. The game throws up a message that says I do not have access to that land.

I have bought the entire farm, with the exception of Field #7. Can anyone give me any suggestions? Also, I am growing exclusively soybeans for the time being. Is there any way to have more than one silo for soybean harvests? The silo fills up quickly and sometimes it's a long wait until prices hit $1800+

Thanks.

Edit don_apple: topic moved to FS20 section.
Kimpak

Re: Can't Buy a Field

Post by Kimpak »

For the moment there's no way to increase silo size. The only workaround would be to buy more trailers and leave them in the trailers. Personally if my grain bin is full I'll just sell off any excess as long as the price is over $1000 and just take the price hit for a couple loads. Sometimes that spurs the economy a bit too.

As for buying the field, I'm not sure how it works on Switch but on moblie I can go into the map menu and tab over to the 'fields tab' and select whichever field and buy it that way.
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

Unless I'm doing something wrong, on the Switch, there is no way to tab between fields. What frustrates me is that I was able to walk into the center of the field to check the price, but when I walked back to the field again to buy it, I couldn't.

This game has a lot of glitches in it that are very frustrating. I'm anxiously awaiting FS 21 to come out in November!

Thanks for your reply.
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

You need to go into the map overview menu. IDK what the button is on switch but its very likely the left and right shoulder buttons. You want the Map overview - Fields. The fields with a little + symbol are the ones you can buy. D pad till the field you want to buy is highlighted an hit the indicated button to buy it then hit 'yes' to confirm.
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

Thank you. It's not working, and I'm not going to worry about it any more. It's a good parking lot for equipment. Another glitch in the game.