[READ] With two or plus fillUnits on shovel the game crash

*TurboStar*

[READ] With two or plus fillUnits on shovel the game crash

Post by *TurboStar* »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC but think also Consoles
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Shovel and fillable specialization
- Issue: With two or plus fillUnits on shovel the game crash when trying to sell the implement.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Both
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Yes, only with custom shovel mod activated
- Steps to reproduce:

With two or more fillUnits with the same fillTypeCategories on a shovel the game crash when trying to sell the implement without printing something on the log.
I made some test and this issue happen only putting "bulk" or "windrow" or "bulk windrow" as fillTypeCategories, for example putting "combine" category all works fine.
Using the same fillTypes attributes doens't make any problem.

With this setup the game crash

Code: Select all

<fillUnits>
        <fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypeCategories="bulk windrow" capacity="2000"/>
        <fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypeCategories="bulk windrow" capacity="2200"/>
</fillUnits>
A working code

<fillUnits>
        <fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypeCategories="combine" capacity="2000"/>
        <fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypeCategories="combine" capacity="2200"/>
</fillUnits>
Another working code

<fillUnits>
        <fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypeCategories="bulk windrow" capacity="2000"/>
        <fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypeCategories="combine" capacity="2200"/>
</fillUnits>
Another working code

<fillUnits>
        <fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypes="wheat sunflower chaff" capacity="2000"/>
        <fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypes="wheat sunflower chaff" capacity="2200"/>
</fillUnits>
What we need two fillVolumes on a shovel? With vanilla configurations I tried but we can't change the capacity using objectChange and changing visibilityActive on fillVolume, but with custom script we could choose what volume fill.

I make an example mod available here or you can refer to "Multi purpose bucket L3000" of CSZ set.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: With two or plus fillUnits on shovel the game crash

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi TurboStar!

Thank you for reporting. Did you try this with our basegame Universal bucket? As long as the game doesn't crash withouth using any mods there is nothing we can do about that. Please check again without any mods installed and post your log file so we can take a look if something is printed in there.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
*TurboStar*

Re: [READ] With two or plus fillUnits on shovel the game crash

Post by *TurboStar* »

With basegame implements there aren't problems because no tools have double fillUnits with the same fillTypeCategories "bulk" or "windrow".
The mod I shared above has been made by "New mod from game" in GE and I only added few tags.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] With two or plus fillUnits on shovel the game crash

Post by x Lethian x »

Moving topic to Modhub bugreports then.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images