"Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

Case1370

Re: "Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

Post by Case1370 »

poptrek wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:56 pm Bug Report on the trees, I have seasons and woodhavester automation mod enabled, I tested this on a fresh map with only seasons and still the same result, also tried turning off seasons after map was created and still same result. Sorry if this is a Giants bug, but I have not ever seen this and google can't find anything on this. But all the 27m tall trees(Stage 5) trees the wood harvester does not grasp onto them nor cuts them correctly. I would assume this is something wrong in the placement of theses trees on the map only b/c I have never seen this before and it works normally on Gold Crest Valley with the same mods enabled which is why I bring it to you, sorry if this can't be fixed on your end. Thanks for the great map love it so far Here is a pic of the area where this seems to be a problem, with how the wood harvester is grabbing it as well https://www.dropbox.com/s/95yert03eryzk ... 3.png?dl=0

EDIT: Even using the chainsaw creates weird effects, the circle placement ins't in the middle of the tree and it springs upwards when cut

2nd EDIT: I think it has to do with the fact that the trees are 3/4 scale compared to the non scaled tees of the same type which work normally. I understand if this you will not fix has it effects the look and feel of the map but is there a en mass command to revert the trees back to normal scale so I can resume cutting theses trees down has I am playing with seasons and I need something to do to fill the time. Has I only have a rudimentary understanding of GE
I have actually notice this on other modded maps, with that blue mark that shows you where your cutting with the chainsaw, and trees not falling correctly after being cut. I know nothing about GE, and modding, but its probably hard for map makers to get the all the trees to fall right after cutting, on maps that tend to have many trees on them. It is a pain in the rear once you cut a tree and it goes flying and flopping around, before coming to a stop position,lol. Maybe BB will do a future update to try and remedy the issue with certain trees, but I would understand if he dont, as Im sure its quite time consuming. Plus it always seems a few months before a new game comes out, some map makers tend to wind down, with map updates and such, as many of them always buy the new game on day 1. Its probably doubtful for me that I buy 19 right away, as I will wait to see how much they have improved on the realism of what us farmers go thru IRL, before I buy the game, along with seeing how many bugs and glitches it has, as I prefer waiting rather than being a free beta tester for a company,lol. But I know many will be jumping to get it day 1, especially guys who mod, so I can understand if they wind things down on updating and fixing maps issues.
poptrek

Post by poptrek »

@Case1370 The issue is caused by the scale, like I said in my 2nd edit. Probably has something todo under the hood that the scale doesn't translate to well into the physics engine correctly.

BB The replace function unfortunately doesn't appear to copy and paste the transform scale attributes unless I'm using it wrong, which I don't think I am. I think the only way to mass replace the scale is by hand or writing a script todo so(Out of my knowledge base) or if the trees were created with the duplicate function I could edit the original and from what I was reading that should effect all of them but I believe you didn't use that function to create the trees. Or just mass kill all the trees and replant which would also work but that would be a PITA has it would have to be done with a chainsaw and the collision boxes appear to break when cutting them down which doesn't help either.

If you got any ideas or a script that does this, I guess ill be chopping down trees. Thanks for the awesome map again(First mod map I have spent more than an hour on since FS15. I use CP for everything and most mod maps tend not to play nice)
W1der

Post by W1der »

Interesting ...

I am in the process of making my own map and I like forestry.
To create a more realistic feeling to the map I have altered the size on some of the trees so that they all does not look identical.
I do this by selecting the tree and use the mouse to alter the size (if you know the editor you should understand how I go about it).

I have not yet found any issues when playing on my map, but maybe I just have not cut down one of the "out of scale" trees so far.
All the changes I have done to my pine trees was "downsizing" ... some of the oak trees was however scaled up as I find the GIANTS version a bit "tiny" compared to the other original trees.
I recall making a test to one of the first trees I changed the scale to (I think it was a birch tree) ... and I was able to cut it down with the chainsaw with no issues.

BB explained how to resize them and it should not be to hard to do in the editor, just a matter of finding the "tools" for it and understand how to use them. I never used this tool so I can not be of any help on the matter.

However ... be aware that if you do this and load the map this will most likely regenerate all the trees that you have cut down so far in your savegame. I do not know if doing so might cause any "long term damage" to your savegame.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

If you export the section of trees you wish to alter into a separate .i3d file, then edit that with notepad++ you could mass replace the scale there.

For instance if the scale has been altered to 0.75 0.75 0.75, you can set notepad++ to replace all scale lines of that value back to 1 1 1 scale.

Then save it off and re-import it into the map and delete the old section.
poptrek

Post by poptrek »

That did it thanks a bunch. Completely forget I could edit the id3.(Not a mapmaker, I only work on script mods)
MF10

Post by MF10 »

Like I said. I ran the map fresh with no mods. Still had lag issues. Maybe it didn't install properly. Who knows.

As for the MF300 Series. I haven't used that series much yet.
Garion

Post by Garion »

MF10 delete the mod and redownload it. See if that helps and let us know.
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2:
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Well my laptop finally came in but I dont have my external optical drive yet so still no FS :frown:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
garyst

Post by garyst »

Will we have to start a new save game with the update?
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

No, it shouldn't be necessary.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Nereos

Post by Nereos »

Hi BulletBill!

Did you do any update after version 1.0.0.1 and did you send it to GIANTS? Because today your amazing Lone Oak Farm-Map is in the testing-list of GIANTS again fo both, PC and consoles?

By the way: Last week, I found out, that my Problem with no fruit-destruction and activated seasons-mod while driving throug wheat, canola, barley, corn can be solved with an older Version of 4Real module fruit destruction. I'll post the Version of the module when playing again for those, who are interested in that issue.

Thank you so much for this great map!

sincerely yours

Nereos
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

He probably changed the storage capacity on the silos =)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Yes a 2nd update is on its way to you guys.

Changelog is the same for both versions:

- Farm Silo capacity changed to 250,000L per crop type.

- Pig Manure spawn point fixed.

- Jumping sheep issue fixed. (No more crazy sheep sorry guys)
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

Well thats great news about the sheep I'm really tired of using my butterfly net to catch them. :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :lol:
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 am
- Jumping sheep issue fixed. (No more crazy sheep sorry guys)
Shame on you Bill.
You can't stop the supersheep :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22