"Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

BulletBill

Re: "Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

Post by BulletBill »

ashleysmith21 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:18 pm there is a bug with sheep wool palets at sheeps plot when trying to load them onto low loader wtrailers to sell at wool sell point
please could this bug be fixed other then that the map is awesome
What bug do you mean?

The sheep wool pallets spawn correctly, so I'm unsure what your issue could be?
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

I've sold a lot of wool without any problems, 4, 6, 12 at a time. What sort of problems do you have?
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
BlackBob

Post by BlackBob »

Hey BulletBill,

I was playing your map for a while and I must compliment you with the great work you've done, but now i got a problem. The last few weeks I didn't have time to play but today was a rainy day, perfect for FS. There's only one problem, my Lone Oak game doesn't load. I cab get to the loading screen where you get three gamehints before you enter the game, but I can't get past that screen, the final start button never appears. Other older maps and new maps do load very quickly, so it's specific in my Lone Oak game. I didn't select any new mods, I only deleted some I didn't use. Do you have any clue what it could be?

But so far again, thanls for the great work you've done.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

I had this with the Kärcher Wash Place. Was updated without infos. Do you use this mod there? If yes, delete it, start the map without it, save. Download the Kärcher Wash Place and place it new in your game. Works perfect. They made two different Wash Places, one small, one big.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
crash

Post by crash »

Im sure the info is in the thread somewhere, but.. If i update the map, do i have to start a New save? :)
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

No. You don't need a new save for the last updates at Lone Oak Farm.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
BlackBob

Post by BlackBob »

It was indeed the washing station, thanks! I am so glad I got my save back, it is one of the best maps I've played so far.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Potatoes wont sell at potato sell point
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

eric21 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:06 am Potatoes wont sell at potato sell point
Are you trying to sell them in the SugarBeet shed instead of the Potato shed?
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

Loving the map, its very well laid out. A few issues.

1. Fields are FARRRRRRR FAR FAR FAR too cheap for their size. Dunno if the per ha ratio is wrong, but a 10+ HA field only costing around 200k? When on Goldcrest field 5 costs just shy of a mil. Fields should be about the same price point as the default game, this is the only map I have ever played on where the price per a .ha was set really low.

2. Lack of sell points. Only 2? on a map of this size I would of at least expected 3 or 4 sell points for the crops. Suggestion, have another sell point near the edge of the map by field 1 (off the main road).

3. Fence posts!! Maps with fences near the edge of fields need to die!!!! ok, so rage over, the fences here are very....odd. You can drive through the fence itself, but the posts are collide-able. This creates issues on field 45, while that fence is a part of the cow pasture, I would suggest removing the collision from the posts near that field. This will help harvesters and seeders working near it not get stuck all the time. Both Courseplay and AI Extensions get confused when getting near that area. The typical collision avoidance detection doesn't work since not all of the fence is collide-able. Also on the other side of that field the small short trees are of similar concern, but that can be solved with some simple logging. Alas, fence posts cannot be removed.....

Just a few critiques but otherwise a very enjoyable map.
Inkslinger98

Post by Inkslinger98 »

SirLANsalot wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:58 pm Loving the map, its very well laid out. A few issues.

1. Fields are FARRRRRRR FAR FAR FAR too cheap for their size. Dunno if the per ha ratio is wrong, but a 10+ HA field only costing around 200k? When on Goldcrest field 5 costs just shy of a mil. Fields should be about the same price point as the default game, this is the only map I have ever played on where the price per a .ha was set really low.

2. Lack of sell points. Only 2? on a map of this size I would of at least expected 3 or 4 sell points for the crops. Suggestion, have another sell point near the edge of the map by field 1 (off the main road).

3. Fence posts!! Maps with fences near the edge of fields need to die!!!! ok, so rage over, the fences here are very....odd. You can drive through the fence itself, but the posts are collide-able. This creates issues on field 45, while that fence is a part of the cow pasture, I would suggest removing the collision from the posts near that field. This will help harvesters and seeders working near it not get stuck all the time. Both Courseplay and AI Extensions get confused when getting near that area. The typical collision avoidance detection doesn't work since not all of the fence is collide-able. Also on the other side of that field the small short trees are of similar concern, but that can be solved with some simple logging. Alas, fence posts cannot be removed.....

Just a few critiques but otherwise a very enjoyable map.

Ai Is not very good in this game. that's why goldcrest has some basic AI collisions to force them to see it. they don't always respond to regular collisions like they're supposed to. but this is a real world map and more for you to do the work yourself. real farms make use of every possible foot of acreage they don't worry about workers not being able to navigate the property. I mostly play solo so yeah it's difficult on hiring workers but an outstanding map none the less.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

@Sir LANsalot,

Glad to hear your enjoying the map.

As to your suggestions:

1) The field prices as default mean that expanding your fields takes a long time in gameplay hours, especially if playing on hard and Seasons.
It seems pointless map makers spending all that time filling the map with fields and detail when most players end up rarely owning more than the fields they started with.
I prefer to allow the player to expand there farm quicker.
Finally the default game prices are very unrealistic compared to RL prices at least from where I live.

2) As this map is a RL replica it is very hard trying to build sell points into an area which doesn't contain them in RL. If you do it wrong they end up looking out of place and just stupid.

You have 2 grain sell points, 1 root crop, 1 sawmill, 1 wool pallets, 1 manure, and 1 straw/hay. That to me seems plenty and helps keep the reality of the RL area as close as possible.

3) As pointed out the base AI workers, even AI improvement mods are all very limited.
The barbedwire fence is around that field in RL, hence why I placed it there. The reason the wire does not have a collison but the posts do is my reasoning that if you gently collided with a barbedwire part of the fence it would snap easily, whereas a wooden post would not snap as easily.
I realize that some players seem to be unable to work with boundaries around fields. This is part of farming in RL and personally I am not interested in making SimCity, Arcade style maps.
I enjoy replicating RL areas ingame. That for me is my enjoyment in the game enjoying RL beautiful areas.

I hope this answers all your questions... all the best enjoying the map.
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

BulletBill wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:33 pm @Sir LANsalot,

Glad to hear your enjoying the map.

As to your suggestions:

1) The field prices as default mean that expanding your fields takes a long time in gameplay hours, especially if playing on hard and Seasons.
It seems pointless map makers spending all that time filling the map with fields and detail when most players end up rarely owning more than the fields they started with.
I prefer to allow the player to expand there farm quicker.
Finally the default game prices are very unrealistic compared to RL prices at least from where I live.
Its more for gameplay and progression purposes. With the prices as they are now, you have to play on hard, otherwise the entire map becomes a walk in the park. When equipment is more expensive then the fields, something is wrong. Land is not cheap, no matter where you live, its not like they are exactly making new land, lol. With the size of the 3 starting fields it gets very easy to just buy the entire map after a few harvests. The default prices for fields in the game are set that way to give the player something to work toward, how fast that goal happens is where the difficulty steps in.
BulletBill wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:33 pm 2) As this map is a RL replica it is very hard trying to build sell points into an area which doesn't contain them in RL. If you do it wrong they end up looking out of place and just stupid.

You have 2 grain sell points, 1 root crop, 1 sawmill, 1 wool pallets, 1 manure, and 1 straw/hay. That to me seems plenty and helps keep the reality of the RL area as close as possible.
Don't get me wrong, its a very nice rendition of the area. However its perfectly fine to build in some...non realistic things if they are for gameplay purposes. Adding a grain mill or something along those lines would not be out of place on that map, it might not be there in real life but people will understand that it would be needed in terms of gameplay. Like a house that might be there IRL, would be a mill or a bakery sell point in the game. Besides, if the people of that house are fans of the game, they might look at it as something funny that there house is now a sell point inside in the game. What i am saying is, its perfectly fine to go and make a realistic rendition of an area, players love that, but also players need to actually play the game too. As such players will also forgive a few creative licences if it means it makes for a better playing map. Grain sell points are, more or less, "main" sell points in a map since those are the crops you mostly will be planting and using.
BulletBill wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:33 pm 3) As pointed out the base AI workers, even AI improvement mods are all very limited.
The barbedwire fence is around that field in RL, hence why I placed it there. The reason the wire does not have a collison but the posts do is my reasoning that if you gently collided with a barbedwire part of the fence it would snap easily, whereas a wooden post would not snap as easily.
I realize that some players seem to be unable to work with boundaries around fields. This is part of farming in RL and personally I am not interested in making SimCity, Arcade style maps.
I enjoy replicating RL areas ingame. That for me is my enjoyment in the game enjoying RL beautiful areas.

I hope this answers all your questions... all the best enjoying the map.
Mainly that was pointed at field 45 and the cow pasture. As I had suggested, those posts would be the only ones that should have collision removed. Another idea might be to adjust the field or the border (the one the AI sees) to better accommodate the posts instead.
While I agree on the barbed wire part.....it seems like the sign posts in the game are made out of some magical indestructible material. Point being, there are parts of this game that are not realistic, while many parts are some are not.
There are parts of this game that do realism very well, but overall this game is still just that...a game. I know at times creators can forget that when building maps or mods. Points 2 and 3 are just mainly frustrations that happen on occasion but don't entirely detract from the enjoyment of the map.
Really point #1 is the only major issue with the map and that takes some gameplay to find the "happy medium" between too easy, and too hard. Right now the map is well within the too easy realm, remember, there is really nothing else for the player to spend his money on in the game other then more equipment. Which is why the field prices in the game are so very high compared to IRL, there has to be a place for the player to spend the millions or billions of dollars he will be making during the course of a map. The biggest "sink" in the game for money is the fields. I do wish the field prices could be changed based on the difficulty of the map, but alas I don't think its programmed to be like that.

Oh and another quick point: Which one was the map better aimed at or had in mind when being built, Courseplay or AI Vehicle Extension?
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I know this real estate value is 2015.. prices are a little higher in 2018. but the prices for the fields are pretty close to what we pay for an acre in ohio. 10 Hectares = almost 25 acres. so 25 acres, say $7,000 acre( 25 X $7.000 = $175,000) So the prices are pretty close I think.

SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

the issue with the price per Ha in the game is the games economy is not realistic either in its prices. Hard is fairly close, but still higher then what they are IRL, same for the prices of the equipment too (cheaper). So field prices in the game need to be based on the games economy, not IRL. Realism is cool and all, but it needs to be in the proper places, because, again this is still a game and as such game elements, like the economy, are not realistic. Again this is why field prices are so very high in the game vs what they really should be, and the difficulty of buying them is where the challenge lies for this game. Easy/Normal/Hard are all ways for the player to choose how quickly he advances through the game, using fields as the guideline as to how well he is progressing through the map. Once you own every field on a map, and have millions or billions of dollars in the wallet, you kind of "win" the map as there really isn't anymore challenge left to do.