"Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

BulletBill

Re: "Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

Post by BulletBill »

TacoFarmer wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:11 pm
BulletBill wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:48 pm Just remember Smith the same nation who put a man on the moon also choose Donald Trump to be there leader.... :lol: :biggrin2:

Plus the guy who built your Jupiter 5 rocket was built by a ex-German solider/scientist who made the rockets for Germany in WW2...
And remember this Bill,if it werent for that flag in WW2 youd be speaking German saluting their flag.
Yes a German man in the 1940s willing to destroy another country and race of people is far worse than an American man in 2017 willing to destroy another country and race of people.

Goverments are ALL corrupt, and greedy. The only difference is the degree.

Anyway enough of polictics this is about Farm Sim. But I would ask that no one post further policitcal slogans/pictures on this topic.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

akuenzi wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 am
redglasses wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:38 am Those pics from the irl farm are beautiful, cant wait to explore it in the game, I'm sure bb will do it some justice :biggrin2:
Hi redglasses -- Thank you... and trust me -- 'bb' is doing an outstanding job on the map. ;)

Combine trio approaches the lone oak, which was one of the few staged picture shots ever taken on the farm, probably at the insistence of my grandmother. John Deere machines -- 6610 Sidehill, 6602 Hillside, and a flatland 8820.

This was taken on a different year, but this is basically what it looks like when the field gets 'ringed' with fire. The fire is so intense, that it creates its own mini-weather pattern, the wind rushing in on all sides to feed the fire, which sends the smoke upward, the fire scorching everything on the ground in its path. Another truck is parked by the tree, and I'd bet money my grandfather is in it, as if to guard his tree.
Great to hear bb's work impresses you as much as (or even more) then me, I love the detail he puts into his maps. And for these pictures, I love all of them but I would have to say these are my favorite *thumbsup* :biggrin2:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

When Aden sent me a load of photos both old and new of the farm it just brought it to life for me. Add to that his stories of working on the farm and then exploring it myself through Google earth and street view I knew then this was the map I wanted to make.

I really feel like I've fallen in love with the area, and as I'm building the map I keep finding new areas that become my favourite.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

@akuenzi

Thanks for the pictures. I really like seeing the real life areas of the map that I will be playing on.

-ClassicTractors
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

BulletBill wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:07 pm I really feel like I've fallen in love with the area, and as I'm building the map I keep finding new areas that become my favourite.
You know its going to be a good map when the mapper falls in love with the area :biggrin2:
I really cant wait for this map
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guil

Post by Guil »

Guys, no more political discussion in this topic please.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Dadgum, this is gonna be awesome!
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

^^ I know, right?! I already have my fleet planned out :)
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Bushmaster77

Post by Bushmaster77 »

Hoping your next update contains pictures of the main farm!
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Bushmaster77 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:08 am Hoping your next update contains pictures of the main farm!
At present the main farm yard is still incomplete. Each farm building is being modelled from scratch into high detail, but good performance 3D models complete with LODs.

Once the farm yard is complete I will post pictures.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

It is really hard to explain how your maps feel like BulletBill, but they feel like "mine".
I can embrace the environment and farm yards to a point where I feel that I miss to be there after a couple hours at work :coolnew:
Thats how your maps feel like to me.
I don't know how you manage that but please just keep up doing so :hi:
PS5 / FS22
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

redglasses wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:53 pm
akuenzi wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 am
redglasses wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:38 am Those pics from the irl farm are beautiful, cant wait to explore it in the game, I'm sure bb will do it some justice :biggrin2:
Hi redglasses -- Thank you... and trust me -- 'bb' is doing an outstanding job on the map. ;)

Combine trio approaches the lone oak, which was one of the few staged picture shots ever taken on the farm, probably at the insistence of my grandmother. John Deere machines -- 6610 Sidehill, 6602 Hillside, and a flatland 8820.

This was taken on a different year, but this is basically what it looks like when the field gets 'ringed' with fire. The fire is so intense, that it creates its own mini-weather pattern, the wind rushing in on all sides to feed the fire, which sends the smoke upward, the fire scorching everything on the ground in its path. Another truck is parked by the tree, and I'd bet money my grandfather is in it, as if to guard his tree.
Great to hear bb's work impresses you as much as (or even more) then me, I love the detail he puts into his maps. And for these pictures, I love all of them but I would have to say these are my favorite *thumbsup* :biggrin2:

Now thats a legit pic, love that combine series
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:07 am It is really hard to explain how your maps feel like BulletBill, but they feel like "mine".
I can embrace the environment and farm yards to a point where I feel that I miss to be there after a couple hours at work :coolnew:
Thank you "Rodha", compliments like mean the world to me as it explains exactly what I like about the game.

I don't play it to complete it, nor do I play it to see how many fields I can harvest in 30mins. I play it for relaxation.

After a long day it is nice to go somewhere beautiful, peaceful and just do whatever you feel like doing.
CrazyTrain19

Post by CrazyTrain19 »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:33 pm
RODHA wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:07 am It is really hard to explain how your maps feel like BulletBill, but they feel like "mine".
Thank you "Rodha", compliments like mean the world to me as it explains exactly what I like about the game.

I don't play it to complete it, nor do I play it to see how many fields I can harvest in 30mins. I play it for relaxation.

After a long day it is nice to go somewhere beautiful, peaceful and just do whatever you feel like doing.
IMO, best way to play the game.
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall"

"Torque is how far you will take the wall with you"
RudyV

Post by RudyV »

Wow BB looks great! Cant't wait to play this map :D Keep up the good work!