"Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

BulletBill

Re: "Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

Post by BulletBill »

No new savegame needed.

Changelog is just the terrainDetailLayer issue fixed on both PC and Console versions.

Also on PC was a missing texture file error which has been fixed.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

According to a forum post from BB I read here or on FS UK, the update doesn't need a new save.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
MF10

Post by MF10 »

I noticed it had a sketchy appearance at times. And would lag load up like the old GTA san Andreas days. Is that why it was lagging some times on console?
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

No the map has no lag anywhere. If your experiencing lag, then it is either a bad mod. Or your console needs cleaning, or if your on PC it needs upgrading.

The map runs better FPS on my PC than the GIANTS default maps.
MF10

Post by MF10 »

Okay I have been over this already. I receive no other issues on any other maps. So I am to the point where this map is proving to be the bad mod. As I have only 5 games I play on my Xbox One with 250 gig's of memory left.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

On PS4 Pro, Lone Oak doesn't do lags or stutter. Lag, stutter and fps drops are different things.
I do get slight fps drops when I get close to densely packed forest areas which is the same with every map.
Other than that the map works quite good.

Mods, even the ones in consoles can create conflict from time to time. So, a considerable lag can be caused by a mod you would have never suspected. For example, I got that with Pagliari B350 a while back. Literally crashed my game. After deleting it, all was fine.

On the other hand, if I'm not mistaken PS4 doesn't do thermal throttling. It keeps it's performance till the system overheats and then shuts itself down. Thats where you know you need to open it up and give it a good clean.
PS5 / FS22
MF10

Post by MF10 »

Well I have already cleaned my Xbox One twice already over it's 1.5 years in my hands. So that is clean as for mods. I don't go mod crazy. I only download what I use for my farm. Older tractors, objects that see purpose like the silos for green chop and chopped hay, loose straw, silage. In fact my mods exclude me from multi-player as the wonder machines are not on my game. Like the Krone Big M. I never installed it as I use pull behind haybines or the knuckle mowers. And none of the mods I have had affected any other map I used. So don't know what to say. I put up fences to cut the pastures down in size and mark what pasture is for baling. What pasture is for green chop and silage production. Like a real farmer does. After selling all starting equipment and converting to farming classics and older small machines. I have 669 thousand dollars to invest in cattle farming. So I really don't go jog wild. I have 6 tractors ranging from 35-100 horse. The Fahr APN, sickle bar, and small tedder. A side dump wagon for bale collecting and off loading. The Kuhn arm mower, the pottinger smaller and larger windrowers. MF200 chopper. The smaller lizard dump box wagon for sugar cane. Fortschritt is where I have the plow, cultivator, ZT323, combine, header, and Klado corn head, Hassia planter, the 2 Kverneland planters (wheat, barley, and canola one, then the corn and soybeans model). The Krone Emsland and Lizard tippers follow it up. That is all I have. Plus the old Ford looking Lizard and a convertible. All in all. If you say I need to go with wonder junk. Then I think Bullet Bill needs to look at the maps detail and roll back on it some. To gain more functionality. Cause that would be on his part for not thinking all console players might not have the X or Pro models. Nor can I afford one. I bought this Xbox a year and a half ago used for 150 dollars. Compared to 500 to a grand. I saved by buying second hand. I always by second hand on some electronics cause bugs get worked out by then.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ I did read your entire post. The real problem is if you look back in this topic, you will see that you are the only one complaining about such an issue. Which naturally means the problem might be on your side rather than on the map itself.

If the map had that kind of a problem, this topic would have already been flooded by a lot of complaint posts.

Besides you mentioned literally a ton of mods. You don't need multiple broken mods to get issues on the map. One of them could easily cause it.

My advise is, start another save game without any mods. Just the in-game machinery and take look if the issue is gone.
PS5 / FS22
W1der

Post by W1der »

I thought this map was going to be hard on my GPU ... cause of all the details.

At first I had some issues but after I updated my drivers it was only "using" about 40% of what my GPU has to offer.
So I started going beyond the in game settings for "viewing distance" and still I am no way near any lag even with around 200 bales on my farm.

My impression is that this map runs easier than GCV does on my system with the "default settings".
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
MF10

Post by MF10 »

And I mentioned. Even a fresh save will all mods stripped. I still get a huge lag around all those damn PC's. All of you who say no one reports it. I wonder why. Cause on facebook I have found players who have had the same issue. And own an original PS4 or Xbox One. Stop sticking up for the the builder and his expensive PC. Maybe he should've stopped and looked at functionality first on the V1 current generation consoles. Cause most people who are blaming my console or a mod. Themselves either have a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X. Or $1000 custom PC. Maybe you need to just admit it. Maybe the modder never thought will this work on current generation V1 format consoles. And do all gamers have the Pro and X version models or 1000 dollar custom build PC's. Or will I face a heap of rubbish for not addressing those factors first from someone with the brain capacity to say, the maker a mistake and needs to address the issue personally.

Because I bought what I could afford. And have very rarely upgraded model versions only when the V1 model bit the dust from 3-5 years of enjoyment. And kinda hard to blame the console or a mod when I customize goldcrest valley and took down 50+ trees. Put up 3 selling points. And still had zero fps issues. But on Lone Oak. I put up one placeable and it starts lagging.

Kinda makes the map look like the bad mod. Or will you keep backing your mod with 100% knowing you have friends with V1 PS4's and Xbox Ones playing this map and they have zero issues right now?

Can I ask bullet Bill. Do you have any friends with the V1 Xbox Ones or PS4s who are playing this map right now. And can let you take it for a spin? Maybe you might encounter the issue then go back to your drawing board with a fix?
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

MF10 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:58 pm I put up fences to cut the pastures down in size and mark what pasture is for baling.
Does putting up fences involve putting down a lot of placeables? That could be your problem.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

yes,Yes,YES!! Let's get hostile up in here. That always helps. "Hostility breeds change." -Abraham Lincoln 1938 One of my fav quotes all time by a man truly ahead of his time. Anyways, I have a lowly peasant xbone myself, amigo, & the only lag/stutter I've been able to reproduce is when I have more than 100 bales around the cow shed area. It really is a mod conflict with something on the map,my friend. How many slots do you have available?
I make jokes that others don't get.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

@MF10
BB has a less powerful PC than quite a few PC players on this forum ^^
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Garion

Post by Garion »

I play on PC and PS4. Not a pro, just a regular PS4 I got when they came out. I have lone oak on my PS4 and so do my boys with a lot of other mods installed. Neither my boys or I have experienced any lag like you are experiencing. So it is not an issue with original consoles. I'm at a loss on what it could be with your machine. Have you tried uninstalling the mod and re downloading it? Maybe it corrupted the file during download? Just throwing out ideas. And btw, Bill has shown the specs of his PC and it is not a high end machine. It shouldn't run this map at a constant 60fps but it does. I'd say the map is optimized pretty well.
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2:
W1der

Post by W1der »

Just a question out of curiosity ...
What FOV setting are you running on?

I messed around with my settings a bit and for me it makes a difference on my GPU load if I am running with a very high setting over a "narrow field of view".

An example ...
Harvesters seems to require a lot of rendering and GIANTS seems to be aware of this as they limited the zooming capacity for these vehicles.
A higher setting for the FOV captures more objects on the monitor/screen = more stuff to render at ones.

At the moment I am playing on "50" ... and I noticed that my GPU has a lot less load.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5