"Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

LawnBoyDude91

Re: "Lone Oak Farm" - Farming Simulator 17 - BulletBill - Frontier Design

Post by LawnBoyDude91 »

FS19 is junk. And Giants are fools for scrapping the FS17 UI rather than update it's weak areas.

I play lone oak with a mix of farming classics and the MF tractors on console. 6 tractors, from 38-90 horse. Have a bale feed and 45 cows dairy farm. What bales I don't need I sell. And same with silage. Sell off the bulk I don't need for the year.

This map really favors all the farm styles of America. Weather you want a large crop farm. Small dairy farm. Older equipment fits on the farm nicely.

And if you are a map alternator. You can easily carve new roads and put down extra sell points on both PC and console. The large fields on the farm can cater orchards, green houses, beehives, and much more for all multiple culture farms. I put up barbed wire fences to separate the large grass fields for my baling and green chop fields. A great map that Giants Should've looked at basing an in game map on.
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

Just wanted to stop in and thank BulletBill for Lone Oak as well as all the other maps you have had a part of. Im a console player an started with FS17. Every map released to console that had your name on it was a perfectly blended and balanced environment. Thank you very much for sharing your personal work with us all.

I will say there is nothing better than a tucked away farm down a tight road with plenty of untamed low growth and trees to break it away from the map. On any of your maps I could always find that small farm feeling of being surrounded by a beautiful wooded landscape.

Thank you again for sharing your work. It is missed in FS19.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm To add:

It's not that I don't want to convert it, but after initially converting it to 19 I was so disappointed by how it looked compared to 17 it felt like a massive step back.

The worse thing is the stupid DOF blur effect which completely blurs out all the distance scenery on Lone Oak. This has the effect of making the map feel empty and small.

The opposite effect happens in 17 as thats why I made the map border the way I did so that it would feel like a large open place as it is in RL.

I can work around the ground terrain textures, largely by changing all the default ones as they just clash with each other. The end result is nowhere near as nice as 17, but as good as you can get with 19.

Hopefully GIANTS will actually improve the base game of 19 to the point where I want to play it, that would make me want to mod for it then. Sadly I think they will be quite happy just leaving it as it is, as plenty of people will still buy the game regardless of its faults or lack of immersion.
At the end of the day its business to GIANTS, not really caring about the end product as long its sells.
But thats not why I ever bought the game, played it and modded for it.

To each his own. I am enjoying 19 as much as I did 17. Sad you won't be converting it, though.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
pingu

Post by pingu »

@BulletBill

Thanks for your reply!

I understand to issues with releasing for both "PC" and console. And whatever you do some people will be upset...

I do hope you take satisfaction of the fact that you given countless hours of joy to so many people around the world!
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
koalateafarming

Post by koalateafarming »

Rbk_3 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:57 pm
BulletBill wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 pm To add:

It's not that I don't want to convert it, but after initially converting it to 19 I was so disappointed by how it looked compared to 17 it felt like a massive step back.

The worse thing is the stupid DOF blur effect which completely blurs out all the distance scenery on Lone Oak. This has the effect of making the map feel empty and small.

The opposite effect happens in 17 as that's why I made the map border the way I did so that it would feel like a large open place as it is in RL.

I can work around the ground terrain textures, largely by changing all the default ones as they just clash with each other. The end result is nowhere near as nice as 17, but as good as you can get with 19.

Hopefully GIANTS will actually improve the base game of 19 to the point where I want to play it, that would make me want to mod for it then. Sadly I think they will be quite happy just leaving it as it is, as plenty of people will still buy the game regardless of its faults or lack of immersion.
At the end of the day its business to GIANTS, not really caring about the end product as long its sells.
But that's not why I ever bought the game, played it and modded for it.

To each his own. I am enjoying 19 as much as I did 17. Sad you won't be converting it, though.
I agree, to each his own. Just a shame. I just really started getting into this map on FS17. Instead of doing my usual stuff I always do, I actually wanted to make this farm something awesome. Small goals I set myself to fulfill the dream of a profitable farm.

As far as that DoF goes, it can be disabled a small amount on PC. Obviously console players are SOL with that, but I prefer PC myself (even with owning the game on console, I never play it). I am sure @BulletBill knows of the ability to do that, but I am sure he also knows that it probably doesn't do anything at all in the realm of actually making the map.

Once again, just a shame. But, I will be playing it religiously on FS17 for the time being. Thanks to BulletBill and his fellow helpers in making such an amazing map.
AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz
Gigabyte GA-78LMT
16GB PNY ANARCHY DDR3 2333MHz RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB by EVGA
Logitech G910, G933, G502
Razer Firefly
Windows 10 Home
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

For me making my maps it is all about the little details. Hundreds, even thousands of them over an entire map that 99% of players may not ever pick out or notice, and thats ok because they enjoy the whole overall effect of the end result. But remove a few of those details and suddenly the whole map doesn't feel or look as good.

Another factor for me is I hate anything being a backward step. I take what I did in 17 and want to improve it in every aspect or at least to the same as what I had in 17.

At the moment in 19 that isn't possible... yet.

So at the moment no, I have no plans to carry on converting this map. But that may change at a later date.

At the end of the day this is just a hobby for me.
LawnBoyDude91

Post by LawnBoyDude91 »

Bulletbill you aren't the only one. Apparently a lot of modders are ticked off with Giants and FS19.

Found out they dumped a lot of money to buy the John Deere name. And ended up short on funds to get a good system from Focus.

So the end result is a lot of the UTIL files are no longer in the game. So mods like follow me, course play, and such cannot be put on FS19 without a 3rd party emulator to add and convert files.

Another issue now is Giants stuck with a 2GB update needed for the console version to suppliment the cheap graphics system they bought from Focus to incorporate the old system support files again.

So a lot of Modders are in the same bought. Unless they have the adpater files to add UTIL files to FS19. The best mods will not arrive right away. And Giants is now forced to eat crow for dumping a reported 5-10 mil on John Deere to get their millions of fans to buy FS19.

Pretty bad as those early sales of FS19 have been cut by refunds and returns.
Halgarre

Post by Halgarre »

Bulletbill

Hello,
I made an account just to tell you how much I love the map. My wife bought me FS 17 to get me out of her hair and now she is saying that she is going to have to buy a copy just to spend time with me. One of my favorite activities is to explore and find places to watch the sunrise and sunset while sitting on a tractor like I did when I was a kid. I have to say this map is really enjoyable and is taking me down memory lane. I made a joke that the only thing missing is the quart Mason Jar full of sweet tea. I now have my Mason Jar beside me.
Now I gotta find someone to mod an IH 966 and my life will be complete :P

Thanks again for the awesome map!
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

LawnBoyDude91 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:18 pm Bulletbill you aren't the only one. Apparently a lot of modders are ticked off with Giants and FS19.

Found out they dumped a lot of money to buy the John Deere name. And ended up short on funds to get a good system from Focus.

So the end result is a lot of the UTIL files are no longer in the game. So mods like follow me, course play, and such cannot be put on FS19 without a 3rd party emulator to add and convert files.

Another issue now is Giants stuck with a 2GB update needed for the console version to suppliment the cheap graphics system they bought from Focus to incorporate the old system support files again.

So a lot of Modders are in the same bought. Unless they have the adpater files to add UTIL files to FS19. The best mods will not arrive right away. And Giants is now forced to eat crow for dumping a reported 5-10 mil on John Deere to get their millions of fans to buy FS19.

Pretty bad as those early sales of FS19 have been cut by refunds and returns.
I'd lay off the weed if I were you.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: especially that 5 - 10 million estimation part. 5 million worth of estimation balance. hilarious :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Where in the world did he get that information :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
pingu

Post by pingu »

This forum can be really entertaining... :)
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

Not sure if this the right place to post this, but just had this pop up on my Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/65898438760456 ... 345023034/

Good news for anyone who wanted "Lone Oak Farm" in Fs19.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yes, this is one of the best news I have heard since the release of FS19.
A big thanks to both Oxy and Bill for making this happen :hi:
I'm still expecting a cool surprise from BB though. It feels there is a surprise on the way like "boom a new map from BB in the modhub". I know it is a very long shot but who knows :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

RODHA wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 am
I'm still expecting a cool surprise from BB though. It feels there is a surprise on the way like "boom a new map from BB in the modhub". I know it is a very long shot but who knows :biggrin2:
As much as I would like to see Coldborough Park Farm 19 or a new map appear from Bill I doubt at this point in time it is likely to happen especially with Oxy doing the conversion of Lone Oak. BB obviously doesn't have a love for 19 and we can only respect his decision and hope 19 gets to a point where he can be happy creating once more.