"North Lake Farm" WIP map set in the hills of the USA

fcdrifter13

"North Lake Farm" WIP map set in the hills of the USA

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Hello everyone.

My name is Alex and I have been playing and messing around farming simulator non stop recently. At first I wanted to make a map of my surrounding area in Canton SD, but after realizing the limitations of the engine I could not create a lookalike of the area that I was happy with. So i decided to move onto something less accurate and more fun in the end. I love the European maps with their smaller more technical fields and wished to make an american based map that shows off some of the more unique fields that I have seen in my life while having a good background, and this is the basis for this map.

This will end up taking a while but I plan on sticking with it until the end and am happy with it.

This is the location of the main farm and spawn in area. It is tucked back into the one of the higher areas and i want the feeling that it has been there for a while, but not run down. So newer buildings with a wornin pathway and fields that have shown generations of work down to them is my goal in this area.

This is the river that runs through the map, while not very deep it is wide and breaks up and rolling hills. The building in the distance is the area I would like the have the second smaller farm that will have access to small hilly fields over looking the small town on the river bank. On the hill beside that will be the sheep farm as their grazing area is planned for the more rugged hills that would not make good fields along with another few houses dotting the valley between them.

The river opens up into a lake that is surrounded by mountains, i plan on have the larger fields in this area 2 or three large, more square fields across the rolling hills that lead to the lake. Nothing super huge but big enough for large equipment and not feel like you are being crammed in an area. I think this will be the hardest part to pull off correctly because of the logistics that come into moving large equipment into place, so it needs to have some room but not so much that you can just run across the map without paying attention.

I plan on updating when I can and I will just post them here. If anyone has any feedback I would love to hear it!
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
AgPro Farms

Re: "North Lake Farm" WIP map set in the hills of the USA

Post by AgPro Farms »

Being on console, I don't often see this stage of the maps. It gives one an idea just how much work modders put into their mods when you see it like this. Good luck with this project and look forward to seeing your progress. :hi:
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
RebelSOB

Post by RebelSOB »

From the perspective of someone in ND it’s kinda nice to see something close to home, I personally don’t have what it takes to do the work you’re doing but from the shots you put up it looks amazing.
Semper Fi
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Looks pretty lit! Good luck *thumbsup* :hi:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Looks solid so far, can't wait to see it progress, I love the way you used a river to split up the map
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

I’m from MN and have been really looking for a great American Map. This looks good so far and wish you the best. I agree with you and I enjoy the more technical fields on the European maps, particularly the UK ones by Bullet Bill and Oxygendavid. I enjoy Woodshire, but again am looking for something more technical. I look forward to this and BulletBills new ones! I am also working on a Geo Mod for MN and would love to try it out on your map once both are complete!
GodLinn

Post by GodLinn »

Looks like its just started on. Will it be pretty big?
If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It!
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Sorry for the lack of updates on this. As some of you know I had a HDD crash a month or so ago and lost all of my progress because of it. So Ive had to start all over and that kinda put me in a cross mood as of late. I do not know if it will be out before fs19 or if it will have to wait for the fs19 release. It is a standard map size and I have been trying a few different things to make it interesting and it looks totally different now but still has the same feel I believe. Ill put up some pictures when i can.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:35 am Sorry for the lack of updates on this. As some of you know I had a HDD crash a month or so ago and lost all of my progress because of it. So Ive had to start all over and that kinda put me in a cross mood as of late. I do not know if it will be out before fs19 or if it will have to wait for the fs19 release. It is a standard map size and I have been trying a few different things to make it interesting and it looks totally different now but still has the same feel I believe. Ill put up some pictures when i can.
Is this map going to have tacos?
The best maps have tacos.
Jus saying.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

You’re just in tack heaven since bill gave you a taco stand in lone oak ain’t ya
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

With the progress i have been (not) making i don't think this is coming for fs17. I want it to but i also want it to be the best that it can. But it's hard work juggling work, youtube, and twitch so my time to work is very limited.