WIP - South Wiltshire Farm.

Robbh6

WIP - South Wiltshire Farm.

Post by Robbh6 »

Hi guys! :smileynew:

So here is what could be extremely long winded WIP topic. But I want to show it from the start.
Whether this will be finished for fs17 remains to be seen. Could possibly be fs19 yet. I work full-time and have many other commitments/hobbies so time can be a little lacking at times. But I will spend as much time on it as and when I can.

The Farm, which currently has no name will be loosely based on the area my grandfather worked for many years in South Wiltshire.
I say loosely as there will be a few things I will be changing for gameplay purposes and to fit everything in. Hopefully it won't change too much but you never know.

Onto the map! Ive started by using the Starter Map over on FS-UK, and it's brilliant for what it is! Thanks to Frontier Design and BulletBill!

Having also followed BulletBill's (thanks again) fantastic tutorial on DEMs, I've used real life terrain data for the map also. It's not the hilliest of maps around but it's enough I think.

The current PDA image as displayed in-game. Ignore the icons as they are all over the place currently.

And this is currently what will be the main yard/cow area.

Using the replacement liquid manure tank made by robbie. Which is an awesome prefab.
And I think I will be using his Road packs too.

Hopefully next time I update I will have made some major progress on the main yard as I should be able to get a fair few hours in this weekend.

If you've made it this far. Thank you for reading and hope to give you an update soon.

Robb.
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
Derplodactyl

Re: WIP - South Wiltshire Farm.

Post by Derplodactyl »

Sweet! I drive regularly through Wiltshire - Mere mainly. That, and I live about 15 minutes outside Sussex, brings to familiar places to FS!

Looking forward to seeing the progress 😁
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Did you finish Lawfolds? :biggrin2:

This maps looks like it is gonna be a cool one. Liked the shape of the fields *thumbsup*

I know almost nothing about modding but when I consider my IT experience, wouldn't it be difficult to make the map based on FS17 and then convert it to FS19? As they are renewing the graphics engine, wouldn't you think your work might be in jeopardy? I mean what if no FS17 stuff would be convertable to FS19? As I said, I know nothing about modding but as an IT guy I felt a bit concerned if this decision could cause your intense labor to go extinct :confusednew:
PS5 / FS22
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

Dribbly Midget wrote: ↑Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:37 am Sweet! I drive regularly through Wiltshire - Mere mainly. That, and I live about 15 minutes outside Sussex, brings to familiar places to FS!

Looking forward to seeing the progress 😁
Thank you. More will be coming. This is based about 15 minutes from Salisbury if you know of Salisbury?
RODHA wrote: ↑Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:03 pm Did you finish Lawfolds? :biggrin2:
I'm still working on it. Lots of things I want to change so may take longer than anticipated.... :coolnew:

As for converting my map to fs19 if it's not finished? Well we will see. Until we get more details from giants I guess nobody knows. Maps have been converted from FS15 so I can't see why not. But I can't comment due to my extreme lack of knowledge. If it means starting from scratch then so be it. *thumbsup*

And progress. :biggrin2:

PC MasterRace

SPECS-
Asus maximus hero X mobo
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

I know of Salisbury, though I've never stopped. Maybe one day I shall 😁
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

Small update.

Sheep are in. Testing the sheep feeding troughs and water troughs.
Need to do some work on the navigation mesh as they 'freeze' when going to the feed trough. But overall getting the hang of it all now. Triggers for feeding, water, etc all work as they should.

Another screenshot I took after cleaning out manure from the cow shed.

PC MasterRace

SPECS-
Asus maximus hero X mobo
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

It is a ton of work to complete a map. I can't even get my head around it.
Please name one of your test sheeps after me :biggrin2: and put a tombstone at their meadow after testing is done and he is dead :biggrin2: it might be a good memory :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

Definitely mind boggling the sheer amount of work to do. Certainly given me a new perspective on the amount of time and effort map makers put into the wonderful creations around now. Or any mod for that matter.

RODHA wrote: ↑Wed May 02, 2018 2:48 pmPlease name one of your test sheeps after me :biggrin2:
I don't see why not! :wink3: You've given me plenty of incentive to get on with this map so it will be my pleasure to name one of my test sheep's Rhoda. :biggrin2:
PC MasterRace

SPECS-
Asus maximus hero X mobo
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: Greatly appreciated Robbh6 *thumbsup*
Being a sheep in the game is just something that amuzes me hell of a lot for some reason :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Why does everyone seek to be making cool maps all at once? Decisions decisions :lol: looks great!
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Looks great. I used to live in a rather strange town called Tidworth many moons ago. My fame to claim i suppose....
the big print giveth the small print taketh
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Smith Modding wrote: ↑Thu May 03, 2018 10:44 pm Why does everyone seek to be making cool maps all at once? Decisions decisions :lol: looks great!
I just need more of me and a couple of more PS4s so that I can play on all of them simultaniously :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22