WIP. A Farm on the Palouse.

Mobias

WIP. A Farm on the Palouse.

Post by Mobias »

Hey folks. Just thought I'd start a thread here for my first ever FS map which has the working title of a Farm on the Palouse. As the title says this is a map based on the Palouse region of the US which is in a area covering Washington State and Idaho. Its really defined by its big steep rolling hills, old red barns and huge wheat fields. Have a read about it here if you're not familiar with it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palouse

I started this map in earnest about 2 months or so ago. There is a huge learning curve making your first map. I'm much more at home doing the creative and design aspect of things than I am with the coding and the nuts and bolts of making it all work. Its slowing coming together though but its a pain staking process. Its hugely rewarding seeing the place come alive. I'm making the map as detailed as I can do and it covers almost every square inch of the 2X map size so its a big map with some huge fields.

The whole map feels very open as its important to to capture the feel of the Palouse region with its big skies and wide panoramas.

I feel like this has been quite a short but intense journey for me with FS. Coming from being a console player I only got the game on PC at the start of the year. I'm totally bitten by the map making bug though. Anyway, here's some screen shots from the work I've done so far. Thanks for looking.

Dogface

Re: WIP. A Farm on the Palouse.

Post by Dogface »

WOW! Looks great! It really captures the feel of the area.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Dogface wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:56 pm WOW! Looks great! It really captures the feel of the area.
Thanks! I must confess I've never been there (I'm from sunny Scotland) but I love looking at all the amazing photos online and clips on youtube of the Palouse harvest. I'd love to visit it one day.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Ughhh too many new awesome looking WIP maps right now :frown: looks amazing dude!
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Smith Modding wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:15 pm Ughhh too many new awesome looking WIP maps right now :frown: looks amazing dude!
Cheers! This is a long way from release though. I was thinking the other day that this will just be getting finished when FS-19 comes out. I hope converting maps to the new game isn't too difficult.
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Looks very nice thus far, keep up the good work.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

CombineBert wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:52 pm Looks very nice thus far, keep up the good work.
Thanks! Yeah still a lot of work to do but its slowly coming together.
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

Great details, and I love the rolling hills. Best of luck on this project.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Thanks for the positive response to this map from everyone.

Another couple of screenshots. OxygenDavid gave me permission to use the Dave's Tasty Burgers van from Oakfield so the US franchise of DTB has prime position with some spectacular views over the Palouse hills. He's doing a roaring trade already.

Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Hi everyone. Another update this week for this map. I spent a little bit of time recently making my own unique custom sky textures for this map from my own photos. Quite pleased with how they came out. I would say the map is around 50% finished at this point, in terms of the design and everything being in place. I really don't know how much work I'll get done over the summer but I'd really like to have this map out in good time before FS-19 comes out. So I'll try and put the work in.

Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

The screenshots of your map look fantastic , this is my kind of map , not to flat but with big fields , definite download *thumbsup* , appreciate the work you guys do ,thanks, good luck and hope to see it on the mod hub soon :biggrin2:
Juiceua83

Post by Juiceua83 »

This is going to be an awesome Map considering the fact that live here on the Palouse. If you need a beta tester I am here to help you
Go cougs
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

Loving the look of this map.

Quick question will this come to console ?

Thanks.
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Wow....it looks awesome! I love that area of the country. Can't wait to play it! If you need testers, I could help with it.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

Now all thats needed for this map is a sidehill combine to make it more authentic to the region .
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player