W.I.P Marwell Manor Farm

oxygendavid

W.I.P Marwell Manor Farm

Post by oxygendavid »

Marwell Manor Farm

Hi and welcome to my new map........ a while ago I did a poll on my Facebook page on what maps you would like converted for Fs19....and my plans are to convert in this order Sandy bay, Oakfield , Shamrock.

I know myself that converted maps never have that same feel as a brand new one so I set out to make a single player map for the community and myself to enjoy at the beginning of Fs19.

With giants making leaps and bounds in graphical quality and features in Fs19 I sat down for a while thinking of how I can improve my maps for the next generation................

Welcome to Marwell Marnor Farm which is set in Hampshire Uk , this map is a real place like Oakfield but made with more precision and is far more streamlined and polished.

With this map I have used "Dorsets" way of making a dem which in my opinion is very accurate and probably the best but takes longer to do. There are 2 farms that will be fully modelled along 2 sell points and all other Fs19 features. In the picture you can get the general idea of the layout....

At a later date I might even make a "Marwell Manor Farm Extended" which will be in the purple area shown and will expand the area to "Low Hill Farm" and its surroundings but that is for another time.

To take the Uk maps to the next level I wanted to improve my models...........I have made my own road textures and spent hours making sure all the junctions are lined up and fit perfectly together making them a lot cleaner and polished . Everything in giants editor is all neatly placed and named also.
I have taken selected models out of shamrock-Oakfield and cleaned them all up the best I can and made new models with brand new 1k tiled textures , the textures are so much more detailed and means several buildings can use the same texture resulting in better performance and over all less in size. Here you can see the the new models and textures in action!

The map is nearly complete and will go into testing before xmas here are some pictures of my prograss so far.

jamesadams933

Re: W.I.P Marwell Manor Farm

Post by jamesadams933 »

Looks amazing! are you planning to release on all platforms, or just PC?
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Where da Tacos??
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

Love your maps. Always enjoyed the fact that you use real life locations and turn them into truly amazing maps. Love the sown texture on the field. One question. Are you going to release this on PC only like Shamrock Valley or on all platforms? Thanks lovely to hear your converting Sandy Bay *thumbsup* . One of my top maps to play on. :this:
G'day
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Looks great!! Can’t wait to play this map!!

Thanks for all your hard work...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Looks awesome.
joebonamassa15

Post by joebonamassa15 »

Hope this is coming to console
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Like any of your other maps, this also looks amazing David *thumbsup*
It will be a joy to farm on Marwell Manor Farm for hours.

I also want to take the opportunity and ask you about Shamrock.
As the console release was canceled we never get to enjoy that marvel in FS17.

Would you consider converting it to FS19?

It was so good to watch others play on it but it was also so sad not being able to play on it.
PS5 / FS22
Irishfarmet45

Post by Irishfarmet45 »

Just saw on oxygendavid fb page map is done he's getting it tested over Xmas
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ now fully tested and ready to go to giants according to Oxygen David’s thread on fsuk forum
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

oxygendavid wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:04 pm Marwell Manor Farm
Hi and welcome to my new map........ a while ago I did a poll on my Facebook page on what maps you would like converted for Fs19....and my plans are to convert in this order Sandy bay, Oakfield , Shamrock.
Hello David, may I ask if there are any updates on the status of Marwell Manor?
As a huge fan of your maps, one particular feature of Marwell is quite important to me. The lighting...
As the ingame lighting seriously getting into my nerves, Marwell is not gonna be just a good map to play on but it will also be the savior of my mental health :biggrin2:
As far as I can see on Landy's live stream last night, you have done a great job with the lighting *thumbsup* :hi:
PS5 / FS22
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

RODHA wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:53 am
oxygendavid wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:04 pm Marwell Manor Farm
Hello David, may I ask if there are any updates on the status of Marwell Manor?
As a huge fan of your maps, one particular feature of Marwell is quite important to me. The lighting...
As the ingame lighting seriously getting into my nerves, Marwell is not gonna be just a good map to play on but it will also be the savior of my mental health :biggrin2:
As far as I can see on Landy's live stream last night, you have done a great job with the lighting *thumbsup* :hi:
Landykid was live streaming Marwell last night so I would say that is an indication it is likely to appear in the not to distant future. Also Oxy was in the chat and he was saying it's not far off.
hjvg

Post by hjvg »

its in the gaints testing list since today viewtopic.php?f=963&t=140422

so if it passes we mebay will see it bevore the weekend
RatBoysDJ

Post by RatBoysDJ »

Will this come to Console if is does or if you know please reply Happy Farming
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS4-FS19-Oxggendavid big fan-BuletBill big fan-MARWELL MANON!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep On FARMING!! :gamer:
RatBoysDJ

Post by RatBoysDJ »

joebonamassa15 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:23 pm Hope this is coming to console
First it will go to pc for a week then it goes to console testing pc testing i think it coming ur tommrow but console will be next weeked keep on farming :gamer: