Guidance Steering WIP updates.

Wopster

Re: Guidance Steering WIP updates.

Post by Wopster »

Lord Nighthawk wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:12 am Tested the last version and....i have lines now :D

Getting into the menu always is a bit confusing (as most people are used to the small gps overlay) but at last it works now.
If you tested this morning.. run it again as I updated this noon to the new version lol.
Lord Nighthawk wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:12 am Some slight problems and suggestions i found. If i by mistake set A and B at the same position the dev console tells me a dev nul and the game gets massively slow until you manage to reset this mistake - would be nice if the guidance steering would simple ignore it when you give the same coordinates to it by mistake.
Thats actually a really rare, and highly doubt you managed to put them down on the exact same position. Might be related to another bug.. but again the complete guidance system changed this noon as i merged the new features in the main branch.
Lord Nighthawk wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:12 am The second thing is more the question if it would be possible to let the lines not go through the vehicle itself when i am in cab view, looks a bit confusing.
Not possible.

Lord Nighthawk wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:12 am Third it would be nice if it would be possible to just let the last setting get saved automatically so it remembers what you did when you reload the savegame. Fourth somehow belongs to third, when loading the savegame lines are on by default (even when i turned them off before saving), i would prefer them off until i get at the field border and turn them then on with a hotkey (can´t find a hotkey in my key mappings at last).

[added]
Also, the lines should be slightly longer, sitting in a Big Bud (i know, not that common tractor but i have one savegame with a big American Style map) let´s the lines completly disappear inside and at the sides of the vehicle.[/added]

But still, i have lines, i am a lot more happy now and keep up the good work. :hi:
Not sure what version you're running.. but the state of GPS is saved.
Also lines are calculated based on the vehicle + plus tool lenght.
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Anriandor wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:16 pm
Wopster wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:28 am Loading tracks works fine, also in MP. (Before continuing make sure to grab the latest version.)
The flow of creating/saving/loading your track is as following:
Creation: set width -> set AB points in order to create your line -> open menu -> second tab -> type in a cool new name -> hit (important) create track first -> than save track -> exit menu.
Saving: do whatever you want to your current track -> open menu -> select the track -> hit save -> exit menu.
Loading: open menu -> select the track you want -> exit menu (the track is loaded while leaving the menu).
Hello,

regarding what I have highlighted above, this is nowhere to be found these days anymore. While I have got the saving and loading of tracks to work, I was wondering whether this topic would still have relevance to the Guidance Steering modification or whether it has entirely shifted to GitHub.

If the latter is the case, I can fully understand it. In fact, I do regularly check whether there are updates and download these accordingly. Nevertheless, having a place on the forum to get information from would be much more handy, especially if it contains explanations for less IT-educated people who know what the changed code will do.

Thanks in advance.
The handling of tracks has changed a bit on the latest version.
Not really feel like making long posts these days, so only do github atm. xD
anthu

Post by anthu »

woooow
i like the new GUI
lg
andreas
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Yes, wow, what an amazing update *thumbsup*

I like the new GUI a lot and the small symbols in the right side is incredible useful. I've always preferred to use this mod without the lines visible and the new line counter is a very nice addition; before this it was quite a guessing game as to which line I was activating steering for.

Great update. I'm very happy with this mod in its current state and I much prefer this layout over previous GPS mods. This feels like a part of the base game, very well integrated with FS19. Looking forward to the release on modhub.

One tiny thing, that you might already be aware of, is that while guidance steering is active (the wheel symbol is green) the functionality of ExtendedDriving is disabled. This is a little confusing when muscle memory have become used to selectable driving directions, but overall a very tiny price to pay.
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

michaelr wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:38 am One tiny thing, that you might already be aware of, is that while guidance steering is active (the wheel symbol is green) the functionality of ExtendedDriving is disabled. This is a little confusing when muscle memory have become used to selectable driving directions, but overall a very tiny price to pay.
I´ve done my own shuttle mod some time ago.. (only my testteam was using it) which fully works with GS and cruisecontrol .. plus there are some more small detail gimmicks.

You can get it from my github -> https://github.com/stijnwop/shuttledrivedirection
Probably will be on modhub too.
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Wopster wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:31 pm I´ve done my own shuttle mod some time ago..
Oh, I had no idea. Very nice, works great, thank you!
Fritz Berger

Post by Fritz Berger »

Wopster wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:31 pm
michaelr wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:38 am One tiny thing, that you might already be aware of, is that while guidance steering is active (the wheel symbol is green) the functionality of ExtendedDriving is disabled. This is a little confusing when muscle memory have become used to selectable driving directions, but overall a very tiny price to pay.
I´ve done my own shuttle mod some time ago.. (only my testteam was using it) which fully works with GS and cruisecontrol .. plus there are some more small detail gimmicks.

You can get it from my github -> https://github.com/stijnwop/shuttledrivedirection
Probably will be on modhub too.
May I ask how one installs that? Ive downloaded the ZIP-File and put it into the /my games/FS19/Mods Folder, but it doesnt show up ingame.
Best Regards!
Fritz Berger

Post by Fritz Berger »

Also, another Question: Can I somehow add the GPS to leased Vehicles?
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Fritz Berger wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:28 pm May I ask how one installs that? Ive downloaded the ZIP-File and put it into the /my games/FS19/Mods Folder, but it doesnt show up ingame.
Best Regards!
You've got to unzip the file you download from Github and rezip the files shown below, that should do the trick.

I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Lord Nighthawk

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

Took a looooonger break from FS19 but now i am back to see that you finished the mod and i.....just wanted to leave you a thank you here for the great work you have done with the guidance steering mod. The style you have finished it feels like it would have always been integrated in the FS series and should be in later versions.

Stay healthy and keep up the good work.