Added realism for vehicles

900hasse

Re: Added realism for vehicles

Post by 900hasse »

nico757 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:13 pm Hello everyone,

Thank you 900Hase for this mod, it adds very interesting features and makes the game more realist.

However, I got an issue with tracks tractors, like the Claas axion 960 TT and JD 8370rt, JD 8r EU version with tracks from JHHG Modding.
All of these tractors have a bad grip. I don't know if it’s easy to change the coef, but I'm interested in change it.

Another problem is in the grip of the buggy, impossible to drive in a field. Is it normal ?
Maybe do you plan an update ?

In any case, I encourage you to continue this type of mod because it's really interesting.

Thanks !

Nico757
Hello!
The mod is in line for testing and tracks having higher rolling resistance and lower grip is one of the things that has changed.
I cant tell when it will pass or if it will pass testing.
What vehicle is the buggy? Is this the lizard pickup truck? What field state?
//900hasse
REA22 mod
https://github.com/900hasse
//Hans Nordberg
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

900hasse wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:24 pm
nico757 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:13 pm Hello everyone,

Thank you 900Hase for this mod, it adds very interesting features and makes the game more realist.

However, I got an issue with tracks tractors, like the Claas axion 960 TT and JD 8370rt, JD 8r EU version with tracks from JHHG Modding.
All of these tractors have a bad grip. I don't know if it’s easy to change the coef, but I'm interested in change it.

Another problem is in the grip of the buggy, impossible to drive in a field. Is it normal ?
Maybe do you plan an update ?

In any case, I encourage you to continue this type of mod because it's really interesting.

Thanks !

Nico757
Hello!
The mod is in line for testing and tracks having higher rolling resistance and lower grip is one of the things that has changed.
//900hasse
I was sure there wasn't enough grip for tracks :hmm:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
nico757

Post by nico757 »

900hasse wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:24 pm Hello!
//900hasse
Hello 900hasse

Okay, thanks for your answer. Maybe you have a github link of you new version link ?

The buggy is the retriever 1000. Even in a cultivated and plowed field, it doesn't move at all. Would be probably the same with the lizard pickup ...

Thanks
Nico757
tomy858

Post by tomy858 »

Hey 900hasse,

i just wanted to say Thank you for this great mod! It is so much more fun and also realistic.
I hope you keep on working on it and make it even more amazing. *thumbsup*

tomy858
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

tomy858 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:43 pm Hey 900hasse,

i just wanted to say Thank you for this great mod! It is so much more fun and also realistic.
I hope you keep on working on it and make it even more amazing. *thumbsup*

tomy858
Thanks!!!
//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
cabmac

Post by cabmac »

Hi, do you know about the issue of that Straw-addon with the pickup-wheels? would it be fixed from your side?
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

Hello!
New mod released today. More info in first post.
//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

Thank you for this mod.
I'm wondering if it's possible to change the position of the text displayed or to disable it?
LoneWarrior

Post by LoneWarrior »

First of all, a big thanks for this mod. A complete game changer.

However I have one problem that I have also stumbled across in some other threads.
If a tedder is attached (not activated - so no correlation to the power consumer), the power of the tractor is reduced dramatically. Especially when driving uphill the engine will stall.
Driving up the same hill, without the tedder attached, it´s behaving normal as expected.

I had a look at the LUA, but couldn´t figure what would trigger that effect. As it is not relevant whether the implement is turned on or not, I suspect the small wheels having an impact.

If you have a clue, as you know the code a lot better than I do, I would like to have a further look into it.
LoneWarrior

Post by LoneWarrior »

SnoopBok wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:56 pm Thank you for this mod.
I'm wondering if it's possible to change the position of the text displayed or to disable it?
To disable the text, open the Rea.LUA in the Zip Archive and change:
local UseGUI = true; in line 46 to:
local UseGUI = false;

You can edit the Position in Lines 388-407 by changing the offsets.
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

LoneWarrior wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:06 pm First of all, a big thanks for this mod. A complete game changer.

However I have one problem that I have also stumbled across in some other threads.
If a tedder is attached (not activated - so no correlation to the power consumer), the power of the tractor is reduced dramatically. Especially when driving uphill the engine will stall.
Driving up the same hill, without the tedder attached, it´s behaving normal as expected.

I had a look at the LUA, but couldn´t figure what would trigger that effect. As it is not relevant whether the implement is turned on or not, I suspect the small wheels having an impact.

If you have a clue, as you know the code a lot better than I do, I would like to have a further look into it.
Hello!
To avoid strange behavior the script ignores wheel resistance if implement is turned on, if you turn it on will it pull it then?
Is it a mod tractor or tedder?
//900hasse
Last edited by 900hasse on Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

LoneWarrior wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:14 pm
SnoopBok wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:56 pm Thank you for this mod.
To disable the text, open the Rea.LUA in the Zip Archive and change:
local UseGUI = true; in line 46 to:
local UseGUI = false;

You can edit the Position in Lines 388-407 by changing the offsets.
Att the moment LoneWorrior has the best solution.
I'm looking into this but My GUI skills is limited.
//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
LoneWarrior

Post by LoneWarrior »

900hasse wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:06 am Hello!
To avoid strange behavior the script ignores wheel resistance if implement is turned on, if you turn it on will it pull it then?
Is it a mod tractor or tedder?
//900hasse
Thanks for the reply. It does not change when turned on. Tractor was a mod. Tedder was standard.

I have done a bit of testing now. My conclusion is that the problem is effecting tractors with same sized wheels in the front and back (like the JCB Fasttrac and the MB Trac).
The problem occured to me on the MB Trac 900 from Modhub. Tried it with a 1300 - different mod - same result. Tested the standard JCB ~ 230 HP - also struggled quite a bit (especially for the power) in same gear ~ 12 kmh.
However normal tractors - mod or not - where pulling absolutly fine with the mounted tedder, even the 100 HP New Holland.
snoopdogg_tg

Post by snoopdogg_tg »

What happened to the implement maximum speed? I can't reach 20kph with my lime spreader even when I'm driving downhill and the engine load is at 20%.
macenkodenis94

Post by macenkodenis94 »

Firstly I wanna say thank you very much! Your mod adds such cool stuffs! I now even can't play without REA!
If that will be helpful for anyone:
- I won in fight with trucks, that goes wheelle on full throttle (nose up and loose control on a front wheels) by moving CoM of truck to the nose a little bit (as it should be) and installing VehicleControl mod, that insert transmission to vehicles, (there is wide range of togleble parameters in mod, so almost everyone can adjust it for themself), so truck now have gear shifting, so it start no like a straight-gear dragster, but like a Truck! (also there is a such cool engine noise, when gears shifted)
- Problem with low braking ability of trailers (was actual for roadtrains) solved by increasing braking parameter in attached section of the trailers (0.9 for me)
Dream Truck Team https://VK.com/createthedreamtruck
Sorry for my bad eng.