Added realism for vehicles

bojanh66

Re: Added realism for vehicles

Post by bojanh66 »

This mod is now bugged for Claas DLC vehicles, i just tried to plow with Claas Axion 920 and front wheels are sinking into ground.
Then i tried Case 7250 Pro and it works fine, same as other non dlc vehicles.
Something is wrong with Claas DLC vehicles, before update (1.4.0.0) it was working ok-ish, still not perfect, but it was ok, but now with 1.4.1.0 its impossible to drive Claas DLC vehicles in field work.
Dave467

Post by Dave467 »

First, thanks for your work on this great mod. As bojanh66 already wrote, the mod works, not perfect but it works and is 1000 times better than without it.
We had some weird issues with the alpine dlc wheels, and from some mods from modhub, but after a we deactivated REA, we decided directly to reactivate it again, because we missed the feeling.

I will test it today evening, when im at home, but i was really happy to see the update in the modhub.

Good work and please don't give up to make the FS with your great work better and better.
DCinema

Post by DCinema »

Hello Hasse.
Downloaded you latest update on the modhub. And now I have this fun stuff in my game. Before I played with version 1.3.2.0 and everything was absolutely fine.
Here is the video: https://youtu.be/7hwNHAVqJJg
Link to the GDrive folder with the log in the video description.
UPD: didn't tested it enough. Other tractor mods drives normal in the field. It's a Claas DLC
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Yea its problem with Claas DLC.
Even before this update 1.4.1.0, Claas DLC vehicles were not utilizing their full power.
For example, plow which require 250hp and has working speed 14km/h.
Other tractors will pull it at 13-14km/h easy, but Claas Axion 960 (445 horsepower) will pull it only at 12km/h with only 80% power usage, so its not power limit, it still has plenty of power to make it work 14km/h.
So something is wrong with Claas DLC and since i like Claas vehicles and this mod, would be very nice if you could fix it.
If you need any video or informations, just let me know.
DCinema

Post by DCinema »

bojanh66 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:52 pm Yea its problem with Claas DLC.
So something is wrong with Claas DLC and since i like Claas vehicles and this mod, would be very nice if you could fix it.
I feel that. I spent so much time editing Claas Axion 800. But decided it has more cons than pros. So I've sold it and bought Fendt930.
Glad that Lexion 5500 still working pretty much ok. Big fan of Lexions. But I think it's time just to move on to the Ideal.
meneerdaan

Post by meneerdaan »

The stock New Holland T6 also sinks into the ground. Seems like the same problem as the Claas ones.
Tried a few comparable tractors and the T5 and they all seemed fine.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

My JHHG S780
Which has the second largest tank, largest metric dual set with 4wd, wide axle, etc had its rear axle buried even as it drove forwards and couldn’t make it not.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

Hello!
Is the problem with sinking front wheels with seaseons or without seasons?
//900hasse
REA22 mod
https://github.com/900hasse
//Hans Nordberg
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Problem is with and without seasons, i have just tested.
meneerdaan

Post by meneerdaan »

bojanh66 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:29 pm Problem is with and without seasons, i have just tested.
Same for me. Tried it on Ravenport with only development tools and delivery mods installed.
DCinema

Post by DCinema »

900hasse wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:39 pm Hello!
Is the problem with sinking front wheels with seaseons or without seasons?
//900hasse
Yes. With Seasons mod
pldcanfly

Post by pldcanfly »

With and without seasons.. The reason why it sinks is that the front wheels spin faster then the back ones. You can see that if you use an analog acceleration method and drive very slowly, then you see it even on hard surfaces without the digging in. Happens to both Axions. I am unsure if its a problem of the tractor that gets exposed by having less friction applied, and wheels simulated correctly. I wanted to try tomorrow if a can reproduce a slipping-scenario with base game physics (maybe a very steep hill with a heavy trailer?), and see if it's a bug of the tractor itself.

I hope these few hints help you, I would love to keep the mod enabled and have some Claas tractors while at it.

Here is a video that shows the difference: (REA+Platinum Expansion+Chellington Valley+John Deer Pack enabled but is reproducable with REA and PE alone, the Deer is modded, everything else basegame) https://youtu.be/10tEtDLoLDw
cabmac

Post by cabmac »

pldcanfly wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:39 am With and without seasons.. The reason why it sinks is that the front wheels spin faster then the back ones. You can see that if you use an analog acceleration method and drive very slowly, then you see it even on hard surfaces without the digging in. Happens to both Axions. I am unsure if its a problem of the tractor that gets exposed by having less friction applied, and wheels simulated correctly. I wanted to try tomorrow if a can reproduce a slipping-scenario with base game physics (maybe a very steep hill with a heavy trailer?), and see if it's a bug of the tractor itself.

I hope these few hints help you, I would love to keep the mod enabled and have some Claas tractors while at it.

Here is a video that shows the difference: (REA+Platinum Expansion+Chellington Valley+John Deer Pack enabled but is reproducable with REA and PE alone, the Deer is modded, everything else basegame) https://youtu.be/10tEtDLoLDw
same here...but i have similar problem with almost all tractors, strange behaviour with front-axles....i am back with 1.2.00 and its all fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnrdNbM ... e=youtu.be
MisterH

Post by MisterH »

pldcanfly wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:39 am the front wheels spin faster then the back ones.
Interessant, it's exactly that, they are spinning a lot. It's possible that is the problem...

But, it's only with these 3 CLASS tractors :
ARION 660-610
AXION 870-800
AXION 960-920

and not with ARION 460-410 and XERION 5000-4000.
I tested them with different kinds and brands of tires (large, double, ...).
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

Hello!
Thank you for helping me with constructive posts👍

The main issue is that the sink is now only decreased when the wheel is moving in the rolling direction.
What i did not know is that some vehicles have the wheel in a different orientation(new Holland t6 as one example).
I have to go back as it was before but need some testing before release.

I will also make digging speed of the wheel load dependant, high load diggs more, low load diggs less.
//900hasse
REA22 mod
https://github.com/900hasse
//Hans Nordberg