Added realism for vehicles

sab13ut

Re: Added realism for vehicles

Post by sab13ut »

Hello farmers,
Today i download mod for realism - REA (update release) and all is good, but tracks from tire are disappear to fast, about 1-2min they are disappear, is someone have that problem too ?
Anyway, is there a chance to edit that, nice mod but i think its better when "tire tracks" stay much longer than now, i think on edit only for me not anyone else...
how i can increase tiretrack duration when i play with "REA".
I play on PC, steam version and with season.
I dont have in options that, Please help.

maybe seasons makes problem?

tnx
nkstyle

Post by nkstyle »

Is there any possibility to release this mod for xbox?
MisterH

Post by MisterH »

nkstyle wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:35 pm Is there any possibility to release this mod for xbox?
This mod, like others in same style, is based on script files (XXXX.lua) and this is not supported/authorized on consoles.

I hope I gave the right explanation, but in any case it will not be available on consoles.
MisterH

Post by MisterH »

900hasse wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:30 pm Thank you!
I would think it is a balancing thing, i think that two-tracked tractors also gets to much traction.
//900hasse
Effectively, it's the same thing with Challenger and JD two-tracked tractors... but... its less important for my friend and me, we don't use this type of tractors. And I dont use the JD four-tracks, but he yes (but he does (and that annoys me ^^)

Obviously not dramatic situation, I manage that :this: :mrgreen:
cabmac

Post by cabmac »

cabmac wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:56 am Hi, i will test it without any mod this evening...
Hi...i was a bit busy...i testet 1.4.2.0 and the issue is the same with this strange behaivour of frontaxle...i tested it with basic game (mods) and compared it with 1.2.0.0:

1.4.2.0:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H9WOUY ... e=youtu.be

1.2.0.0:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKaaPyP ... e=youtu.be

you see the difference? with 1.4.2.0 its in my case difficult to charge baletrailers...
log.txt
(230.8 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
MisterH

Post by MisterH »

cabmac wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:44 am
1.4.2.0:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H9WOUY ... e=youtu.be

1.2.0.0:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKaaPyP ... e=youtu.be

you see the difference? with 1.4.2.0 its in my case difficult to charge baletrailers...

log.txt
Hi "cabmac" ! :-)

As the tractor is almost balanced on the front axle, the whole weight of the assembly (the bales, the lifting arm / tools, the mass and the tractor ~ = 7 tons (?)) Is still a not normal for the front wheels to sink into the ground. And when the wheels sink too far they can't move forward, so either they slip (if enough power) or they don't turn.

Personally I find it very consistent with reality. Play with 1.2 if you prefer, but it's less realistic (realism is the goal of this mod, reality is often less comfortable).

Respectfully
cabmac

Post by cabmac »

hi...but its the same with less weight...its only to show it a little better...and it s not about sinking into the ground, its about certain "movmentes" in the frontaxle, sort of vibrate or wobble...nothing of these wobble at 1.2 and 1.3
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I am also back to 1.2.0.0 version, this version is probably the best until hasse900 fix the issue with front wheels slip.
even 1.3.0.0, 1.3.1.0 and 1.3.2.0 have too much front wheels slip with some tractors.
cabmac

Post by cabmac »

bojanh66 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:58 am I am also back to 1.2.0.0 version, this version is probably the best until hasse900 fix the issue with front wheels slip.
even 1.3.0.0, 1.3.1.0 and 1.3.2.0 have too much front wheels slip with some tractors.
exactly...strange behaviour of front wheels and axle
michal0490

Post by michal0490 »

hello 900Hasse mam problem taki z tym modem że ciągnik z belownica po polu jeździ 3km/h. czy mogłbyś to naprawić bo prawdopodobnie jest problem z kołami w podbieraku bo się w ziemie zapadają.
bruno102

Post by bruno102 »

Hello, he has been struggling with the problem of wheel collapse for some time. Well, when I have downloaded the "Added Realism for Vehicles version 1.4.2" mod, earlier a few months ago everything worked normally, the tractor digs in "collapsed" but something has changed and now even if I attach 10x trailers, each with 18 tons of weight (Full) and I'm starting to drive already the tractor is spinning the wheels in place but there is no way for the wheels to collapse, I tried every version of "Added Realism for Vehicle" from 1.0.0 to 1.4.2, and it is the same on every version. Before that, everything was working fine. Now the tractor can bury itself only in the rain thanks to the "Real Dirt" mod and only when the sun is shining, even walking, I would pull 300 tons behind me the wheels will not collapse into the ground (you cannot bury myself) does anyone know what may be the cause of this? Is it the fault of the Real Dirt mod or the Real Dirt Color?
krpajda

Post by krpajda »

So, if i understand this correctly, in REA
If an axle has enough weight on it, it wont slip, and if it doesnt slip, it wont sink. The more a wheel sinks, the more it slips. This feels weird, because the first half is only realistic on hard surfaces, and the second is only realistic in mud. As a result, messing with the grip values either gives you an experience where you cant ever properly dig in and get stuck, or you just run everything at 20% slip.
Honestly i think how it works right now on roads/hard surfaces is great. Sink is what i have a problem with.

Allow me to propose an overhaul:

Right now, with a light vehicle traversing soft terrain, you can not go slowly enough to avoid sinking. Even with a precise, partial throttle input, the wheels spin with no grip.

In reality, until a tractor tire gets loaded with mud, it actually gets you more grip as it sinks, but the wheel also encounters more resistance. So, instead of just losing all grip and having to hope momentum carries you out of the wet/soft area when you start slipping enough to sink, you should actually get better grip for a bit and then only dig further if your slip % gets above a certain value.
Wheels should also sink a bit without having to spin, depending only on ground conditions and pressure the wheel puts down.

This is the part with all the boring math that i tried to cram into the mod to see how well it works, but i could not get it to work at all because i couldn't pre-sink the wheels no matter how hard i tried
Contact patch a wheel has with the ground increases with sink % by the following ratio:
patch = default patch * arccos(sink%)
assuming a tire that is slightly deformed by default, since you dont keep your tractor tires inflated so much they are perfectly round, i will use a squish constant cSq which is the ratio between the radius of a perfectly round wheel, and the distance between the axle and the ground with a real wheel
patch = default patch * (arccos(sink% * cSq)/arccos(cSq))

The resistance the wheel encounters as it digs in increases by sink% * weight on the wheel, as the wheel attempts to climb more and more upwards from the hole it's in. No weird trigonometric functions there, it all nicely cancels out.

As for sink, static sink depends on ground type/terrain value, and the contact patch the wheel sits on. That is a problem, because it means as soon as you load the game all your vehicles would slowly have to start sinking as they liminaly approach their resting state buried in the ground, which would kill your cpu and your framerate. Instead the vehicle should probably only pre-sink assuming a V shaped wheel, where the contact patch increases linearly with depth so its easy to calculate exactly how deep into the ground the tractor falls from its weight, and this should also probably only happen when you enter the vehicle so your stuff doesn't bounce in and out of the ground every time you load a save.

When the vehicle is moving, its current sink should depend on the base (static) sink, current slip, and a slip threshold where it would sink deeper. basically base*(currentslip/threshold) where the threshold is related to the tires grip. This is basically how the sink system already works in the mod, which is great, i just hate what it does to the friction. I also think the sink threshold is balanced too high, but that is probably also caused by the contact patch calculations just being a constant instead of a ratio in the mod.

As for tracks, honestly, i have no idea how to handle them. Two track vehicles behave completely differently to four track vehicles, and then you also have claas tracks that balance differently from a jd track that balances differently from a case/nh track. As they exist in the mod, tracks have entirely too much grip (they should basically do what the wheels do, where if you start sinking a little bit, you are stuck there) but the actual math to calculating how well they should dig themselves out would require info about the track that the game does not provide to the mod.

TL;DR the wheel sink is not satisfying and here's some math proposing how to make it feel better
krpajda

Post by krpajda »

So, after a bunch of testing
I gave up on increasing load from sink. I could increase slip further, but that will make the wheel spin faster, not slower, which was not desirable.
Increasing grip with sink turned out to be a huge success, i originally considered adding another wheel grip constant to determine when the wheel gets loaded and loses grip, but i ended up just significantly decreasing the stuck thresholds for road tires and tracks. Did not even have to touch the base grip to get a truck to be able to drive over a dry harvested field, but get easily stuck if i did not drive it carefully and took a turn too sharp, or stopped at the wrong spot.
Increasing sink rates by how much weight is on the wheel has not been a success thus far, mostly because i completely misunderstood how the mod already calculates this. Recently I have been messing with increasing sink per meter by the ground pressure, but that's already factored in the noise and i do not want to overdo it in some fringe situations.

The grip change alone is a huge improvement to how the game feels, in my opinion. Getting stuck out of nowhere on a dry field, because i tried to turn uphill a tiny bit, was very tiring, and now it only happens when i really do something stupid
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Hello I would like to report some problems I was was having with the mod ei the "Massey ferguson 135" https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019 not being able to use the "Fahr m66t trailed combine" https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019 while going up a hill with an 80% load on feild 18 of Ravensport. The Ferggy was a 100% power usage with 30% wheel dig/slip on wide tires and with the 200kg front weight option. My understanding of the problem was the mod creator for the harvester listed the HP for running the combine and not to run and tow with a full load. Another problem I was having the Ferggy was not being able to use a weeder rated for 40hp https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019. I don't know if this is a problem with this mod or the other mods. My final and of most concern problem is with using the "Grimme Varitron 470 Platinum Terra Trac" self-propelled harvester as it got bogged with a worker driving it with a full load. the first mentioned problems I don't have any concern if they are not addressed as it is mod with mod interaction and some things may not work however the last problem is to be addressed with utmost concern as it breaks the base game.

Otherwise the mod works great and makes driving the 4220 Fastrac a lot more fun as it requires me to slow down on off camber corners and prevents me from taking reckless routes with trailers as I know I have to rectify the outcome of doing so.

Edit:13/03/2021 added missing "other"
Last edited by Gugernoot215 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
PUSM

Post by PUSM »

First of all thx alot 900Hasse for making a cool mod.

i only have 1 big isue, almost all om my truck are useless becos i cant turn with them.
i work alot with wood and the only truck i found working is a Man that i can put from 1-5Tons in front of the truck.
all Man truck there is made for wood from the modhub are useless.

what can i do to keep Rea ?