[UPDATED] Hand weeder for small scale weeding

Bryan83

Re: [RELEASED] Hand weeder for small scale weeding

Post by Bryan83 »

In another thread, someone was working on trying to make a flying crop duster, but they're having trouble with the levitation coding.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Bryan83 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:31 pm In another thread, someone was working on trying to make a flying crop duster, but they're having trouble with the levitation coding.
They're making a plane that can fly ingame? That's going to be incredibly difficult.. Probably even impossible without a serious amount of scripting. Good luck to that person, I certainly don't know enough about coding to do that!
Belgian solo mod maker
My YouTube channel - for videos of my mods
My FS Nation space - news and updates
I speak Dutch, French and English.
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Since the rating in the ModHub dropped quite a bit, I figured lots of people are getting annoyed with the flying bug. So I looked deeper into it. Have tried a bunch of things but haven't found the solution yet. However I did find that the shovel in the ModHub doesn't have the flying bug, yet is built in pretty much the same way as my mod. I am now looking into the differences, and try to come up with a solution to this!
Belgian solo mod maker
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Hmm, hope you can find a solution. I haven't used your hand weeder yet, but I'm sure its an awesome mod for the growing farmer *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

ar1g3 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:25 pm Since the rating in the ModHub dropped quite a bit, I figured lots of people are getting annoyed with the flying bug. So I looked deeper into it. Have tried a bunch of things but haven't found the solution yet. However I did find that the shovel in the ModHub doesn't have the flying bug, yet is built in pretty much the same way as my mod. I am now looking into the differences, and try to come up with a solution to this!
I am by no means a modder, but an idea I had rolling around in my head was, is it possible the handle is too long and therefore the player begins to walk on it instead of the ground, causing the upward motion? I mean not the actual animation(?) But the collision area where you can actually grab? Because length of the tool is the one glaring difference I see between the shovel and your mod.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Bryan83 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:38 am
ar1g3 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:25 pm Since the rating in the ModHub dropped quite a bit, I figured lots of people are getting annoyed with the flying bug. So I looked deeper into it. Have tried a bunch of things but haven't found the solution yet. However I did find that the shovel in the ModHub doesn't have the flying bug, yet is built in pretty much the same way as my mod. I am now looking into the differences, and try to come up with a solution to this!
I am by no means a modder, but an idea I had rolling around in my head was, is it possible the handle is too long and therefore the player begins to walk on it instead of the ground, causing the upward motion? I mean not the actual animation(?) But the collision area where you can actually grab? Because length of the tool is the one glaring difference I see between the shovel and your mod.
Yes that is the first thing I am testing! Currently reworking the model slightly to make the handle shorter. Because I noticed that when you pick it up by the end of the handle, you don't start flying into the air.
Belgian solo mod maker
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I just love it when people can get things worked out together as a team on this forum, dont you?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:10 pm I just love it when people can get things worked out together as a team on this forum, dont you?
That's what got me into modding back in the FS11 days. Just a pity this forum isn't as qualitative as the old LS-UK forum was.. Very few people here sharing their knowledge.

On a brighter note, the flying bug is fixed! Now the mod is doing weird bouncy things but that won't be too hard to sort out I think. I hope to upload an update to the modhub for approval tonight!
Belgian solo mod maker
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

So my thought/idea was actually correct? Wow, glad I could help, that is if you didn't have the thought before I did, that is.

Nice work!

ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:23 pm So my thought/idea was actually correct? Wow, glad I could help, that is if you didn't have the thought before I did, that is.

Nice work!
Yes it was correct! I already had that thought in my head, but the fact that someone else came up with it as well gave me the idea it might just be the solution. So thanks for that! Implementing it proved more difficult than anticipated, but everything is sorted now and once I finish the description (the part you see in the ModHub) the update will be submitted for approval!

I also made a new video to showcase the mod:
Belgian solo mod maker
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

That's awesome! I'm actually a bit proud of that.

So what do you think you'll work on next?

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

What's to say we don't see a floor jack to raise equipment in the process of being repaired :wink3:

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Bryan83 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:06 am So what do you think you'll work on next?
I think I'll continue with the hay fork I'm making. I also have some other ideas, once I start with them I'll make a topic about it!
Dairydeere wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:24 am What's to say we don't see a floor jack to raise equipment in the process of being repaired :wink3:
Good idea! Not sure if this is even possible, but it would be cool!
Belgian solo mod maker
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

If you want, a couple thoughts I had, just no ability to use GE to do it, was a complete series of small hand tools so the player could have a small backyard garden behind their house. The other thing I wanted to do was to make a liquid fertilizer/herbicide tender, based on the drop deck setup that is actually used on the RL Welker farm. Maybe I'll download GE and have another go at it.

ar1g3

Re: [UPDATED] Hand weeder for small scale weeding

Post by ar1g3 »

Belgian solo mod maker