[WIP] 2-Tine hay fork

ar1g3

[WIP] 2-Tine hay fork

Post by ar1g3 »

I decided to start work on another hand tool. This time a hay fork! The idea arose because I wanted to pick up bales by hand, but they're too heavy. That will be the main function of this tool. But, because in real life you would use this tool to pick up loose straw, grass and hay, and sometimes manure, the plan is to also add this functionality in game. Any ideas what other fillTypes you would pick up with this in real life, have I missed any?

Currently I'm working on the model. The model is actually done, now I need to UV map it according to the UDIM system and texture it. Then it can be converted to i3d and ingaming can start.
Last edited by ar1g3 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belgian solo mod maker
My YouTube channel - for videos of my mods
My FS Nation space - news and updates
I speak Dutch, French and English.
Bryan83

Re: [WIP] 2-Tine hay fork

Post by Bryan83 »

I thought a hoe, that works like a plough. You know sometimes when you're using a tractor plough to make a new field or expand one, but the edges come out uneven? Well I thought a hand held tool that could create new fields could be used to straighten them up.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Maybe it could handle wood chip bales?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

The hay fork is in game. Right now I have to figure out how to make it work as a hay fork and shovel at the same time. It isn't picking up bales yet. Didn't test the shovel function. Right now it is set up to only accept 'windrow' fillTypes, and not 'bulk' fillTypes like grain and seed.

When it comes to bales it should accept any bale that you can pick up with frontloader mounted forks.
Belgian solo mod maker
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

How are things coming along? Have you had a chance to submit this and your hand weeder for testing yet?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:10 pm How are things coming along? Have you had a chance to submit this and your hand weeder for testing yet?
Things are coming along rather slowly. I had some issues trying to figure out how to make it work as a bale fork, but that is sort of working now in that it can grab a bale. But you can't yet lift a bale with it, seems like it is too heavy.

My hand weeder passed certification and is live on the modhub as of today!
Belgian solo mod maker
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Congrats! The perfect tool for weeding on small fields
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!