[RELEASED] TrailX 250 - double axle car trailer

Bryan83

Re: [WIP] Double axle car trailer

Post by Bryan83 »

Do you think you might make an optional length choice to handle 2 pallets?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:35 am Do you think you might make an optional length choice to handle 2 pallets?
That would be a nice option, but I don't think I'll do it.. Because in reality, due to regulations, this is the largest size trailer of this style you can get. Once you go larger, it becomes a different style with brakes and sturdier frame etc. Also, in real life the payload of this trailer is not big enough to allow for two pallets. I've always been someone that prefers realism in the game!
Belgian solo mod maker
My YouTube channel - for videos of my mods
My FS Nation space - news and updates
I speak Dutch, French and English.
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Added wheel options!

Standard wheels = modern style steel rims, these are included in the baseprice of the trailer

Option 1: old second hand steel rims with chrome cover, you get 80€ discount

Option2: heavy duty steel rims, additional cost: 100€
Belgian solo mod maker
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Added foliage racks which come with a larger capacity of 3000 litres. However you can't load bulk materials (fertilizer, seeds, grain) but only windrow materials like straw, grass, etc. The bulk materials would fall through the grids in real life. Also, no cover or tensionbelts on this setup. Plan is to also make it accept animals, but I still have to figure out if that is even possible using basegame scripts.

I also did some testing with big bags, and because the trailer is fillable they empty into the trailer once you try to load them. Thanks to Bigfarmer145 for suggesting big bags could cause this kind of conflict! For people who like to transport big bags I have also included a configuration option that is not fillable, which will allow you to transport them.
Belgian solo mod maker
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

With the foliage racks installed, you can now transport one pig and three sheep

I might extend the pig capacity to two
Belgian solo mod maker
ar1g3

Re: [WIP] TrailX 250 - double axle car trailer

Post by ar1g3 »

Added a few colour options for the shuttering ply that is used in the sides and floor of the trailer, the prices of these colours reflect the difference in quality in real life.

You have cheap ply from the DIY store, which is very dark:

And you have the high quality stuff:
This comes in standard brown or for a small fee you can get it in green aswell.

Right now the trailer is basicly finished, just need to sort out the collisions for the sides and doors and do some final testing.
Belgian solo mod maker
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I think it would be cool for a 3rd option, and that would be the plywood pattern like you see on that crate. Give it a home build look.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Bryan83 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:11 pm I think it would be cool for a 3rd option, and that would be the plywood pattern like you see on that crate. Give it a home build look.
I have been looking into that but haven't found an easy way to make this work together with the color configurations. The problem is that vehicle textures are based on a predetermined set of textures which is set by Giants in the basegame. These pallets aren't vehicles so they use a different shader and different textures.

On another note, after taking a break I finally got the collisions to work as they should. Some final tweaking and testing to do, but this thing is nearly complete now. I added another option for the cover, 'invisible cover'. With this option, you can enable or disable filling of the trailer. So if you'd want to transport a big bag you can close the invisible cover and the big bag will not empty into the trailer.
Belgian solo mod maker
ar1g3

Re: [IN TESTING] TrailX 250 - double axle car trailer

Post by ar1g3 »

Testing has been completed, the trailer is ready for submission to Giants!
Belgian solo mod maker
Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

Will this come to consoles? Would definitely like to have it, especially as I actually make this type of trailer myself, except mine are all steel with chequer plate floor
Playing on Ps4
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Irish farmer 91 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:31 am Will this come to consoles? Would definitely like to have it, especially as I actually make this type of trailer myself, except mine are all steel with chequer plate floor
In theory it should be console ready. I tried adhering to all the specific rules for console when building the mod but there could always be a mistake or something I overlooked. If that is the case it will of course be fixed *thumbsup*, so yes the intention is to bring it to console!
The mod is now with Giants for testing, it failed the first time but I fixed the problem and it is now back in the queue for testing.
Belgian solo mod maker
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

ar1g3 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:04 am
Bryan83 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:11 pm I think it would be cool for a 3rd option, and that would be the plywood pattern like you see on that crate. Give it a home build look.
I have been looking into that but haven't found an easy way to make this work together with the color configurations. The problem is that vehicle textures are based on a predetermined set of textures which is set by Giants in the basegame. These pallets aren't vehicles so they use a different shader and different textures.

On another note, after taking a break I finally got the collisions to work as they should. Some final tweaking and testing to do, but this thing is nearly complete now. I added another option for the cover, 'invisible cover'. With this option, you can enable or disable filling of the trailer. So if you'd want to transport a big bag you can close the invisible cover and the big bag will not empty into the trailer.
This trailer needs a small tank for herbicide and a wand to spray weeds. That would be awesome.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

TacoFarmer wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:00 am
ar1g3 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:04 am

This trailer needs a small tank for herbicide and a wand to spray weeds. That would be awesome.
Hey that's a good idea! I'll keep that in the back of my mind, don't have time for modding right now but next month I'll look into that!
Belgian solo mod maker
ar1g3

Re: [RELEASED] TrailX 250 - double axle car trailer

Post by ar1g3 »

Belgian solo mod maker
Bryan83

Re: [RELEASED] TrailX 250 - double axle car trailer

Post by Bryan83 »

Got it on consoles too. Congrats on the newest release.

Maybe for your next one after the bicycle you could make a handheld pump sprayer for weeds.