[WIP] Lizard Flandria bicycle

ar1g3

[WIP] Lizard Flandria bicycle

Post by ar1g3 »

Since there are so many bikes on maps as decorative articles, I thought I'd make one that you can actually use. There are already mods like this out there on the less trustworthy mod sites, my plan is to make one for release on the modhub.
It's a vintage style bike, steel frame and chrome mudguards. I want to add tension belts to the luggage rack, and also want to add a small trailer that can be attached to the bike.

Work on this project is on hold till the end of june. The model is ready and textured, only ingaming is left to do.

Belgian solo mod maker
My YouTube channel - for videos of my mods
My FS Nation space - news and updates
I speak Dutch, French and English.
ar1g3

Re: [WIP] Lizard Flandria bicycle

Post by ar1g3 »

Found some spare time so I did a bit of ingaming. Still long way to go to make it behave properly
Belgian solo mod maker
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Found half an hour time to do some modding today, result is I got the bike kind of working. Sounds will be changed of course, and all the details still need to be done.
Belgian solo mod maker
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Put some work into making the dirt map. Still a lot to do, but I started working on the places where dirt would build up in real life.

Also perfected some details, and got the lights working how I want them to. Physics are also getting better, the biggest problem right now is that you start swinging side to side after crashing into something or going over a big bump. Already reduced this a lot but I want to get it perfect. Apart from that, the XML is basicly ready. Only major thing to add are custom sounds.
Belgian solo mod maker
Gingerjay

Post by Gingerjay »

Haha this is amazing. The thought of riding this down the sea-front on sandy bay.
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Gingerjay wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:52 am Haha this is amazing. The thought of riding this down the sea-front on sandy bay.
Or just riding it from my house down to the tractor yard every morning and back to the house at the end of a work day.
Playing on PC
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Gingerjay wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:52 am Haha this is amazing. The thought of riding this down the sea-front on sandy bay.
Did you watch Daggerwin’s SR S3
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

ar1g3 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:16 pm
How the bike going? I can’t wait till it is ready.
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

FSarndrone wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:37 pm
ar1g3 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:16 pm
How the bike going? I can’t wait till it is ready.
It is nearly ready. Physics are all done, texturing almost (just need to add dirt to the tyres, and I've already prepped it for an update I will do. That update will contain a special trailer to pull behind it. Not sure if that would be useful, but thought it might be fun. The only thing that is slowing down progress atm is an issue I have with making the brake cables look realistic when the front wheel turns (when you steer). This proved more tricky than I anticipated.
I don't anticipate it being released this month (certification with Giants also takes up some time), but I hope to have it out for you to download in september!

Also, thank you everyone for the nice comments! :biggrin2:
Belgian solo mod maker
Norwegian81

Post by Norwegian81 »

Here's maybe something to expand on for future development of your concept when it comes to cargo bikes. I'm sure that some will find in-game bikes useful. *thumbsup*
drinking beer when I'm scripting...sure it helps :lol: