[ON HOLD] Norwegian Dream 2020

Opa_Andre

Re: [WIP MAP] Norwegian Dream 2020

Post by Opa_Andre »

@Norwegian81 : Well, if you want to compare something, you should post 2 pictures showing the same location. Also I'd recommend to do 2 pictures of the scene, one as above and another one where the road is in "edit" mode (showing the single faces) in blender and selected in GE to see the faces as well. Without that information, it's just guessing... My current "best guess" would be, that the single road sections (faces) are different in their sizes and not be mapped correctly in the UV space, which might result in the fact that each face uses the same space.
olahaldor

Re: [ON HOLD] Norwegian Dream 2020

Post by olahaldor »

Hi! This looks like a fun project. I've been starving for Norwegian type maps too, thus why I started my own last year - and still working on it now and then (life, wife and kids etc comes first and takes a lot of time :D )

I've also made some road signs, to spec from Vegvesenet (found some very detailed manuals, made me dizzy to say the least..) as well as custom road textures and heightmap from the place I grew up.
And happy to see another Norwegian World Machine user. I feel it's far between us!

Re the road texture; have you made sure the UV's are within the -8 and +8 UV tiles?
olahaldor

Re: [ON HOLD] Norwegian Dream 2020

Post by olahaldor »

Still on hold ? What's stopping you? :)