My First Map - Somewhere In Idaho

Dairydeere

My First Map - Somewhere In Idaho

Post by Dairydeere »

Hello all, I have decided that I am going to be making a mod map. I wanted to try it out after finding a video by ShyWizard on how you can incorporate real life terrain into a Farming Simulator map. Youtube video link here So I did a bit of scanning around Google Earth, looking for somewhere near my home area, but with a layout I had always wanted to see in a FS map. And I settled on a location just east of the town of Kimberly, Idaho. There are many decent sized fields, along with what looks to be a cattle feedlot in the center. Perfect for a dairy-themed map. I appreciate any ideas people would have, or any resources to use for beginning map modders. I currently have been browsing the GDN resources, and will be starting work in Giants Editor soon.

Image Here is a picture of the map PDA, taken from Google Earth :smileynew:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
TheJhonnyMan

Re: My First Map - Somewhere In Idaho

Post by TheJhonnyMan »

looking good mate! I do believe idaho is one of the more rare area's to map for farm sim so this'll be a really interesting map to try
Good Luck!
Dairydeere

Re: My First Map - Somewhere In Idaho

Post by Dairydeere »

No pictures at the moment since I lost them in a computer glitch, but the map is coming along ok for my first go at it. I got a bit messed up with the terrain, then realized two months later after setting this project aside temporarily that I had not set the game path correctly in GE. With that good to go, I have been watching some tutorials and learning how to create fields and paint in foliage. Update coming soon hopefully as I paint in some fields surrounding the central farm!
TheJhonnyMan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 am looking good mate! I do believe idaho is one of the more rare area's to map for farm sim so this'll be a really interesting map to try
Good Luck!
Thank you! Yea, the West side doesn't have many maps to represent, and as I live in Washington I figured we could use a good PNW map. Plus this area is perfect. Glad to hear someone's excited!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!