My brand new W.I.P map Nelly Creek Farms

TheJhonnyMan

My brand new W.I.P map Nelly Creek Farms

Post by TheJhonnyMan »

**OUTDATED**
G'day everyone.
In this thread I'd like to show off my First proper Attempt at a map I'm making to go onto Modhub.
It is based on my farm in real life.
the map features:
1 major farmyard
17-20 fields on the map
4 sellpoints
2 placeable areas for your own farm builds.
it is currently a Major work in progress but here are some pictures of the map

Keeping in mind most of these were taken in the early stages I will have more to come in future...
till then, Happy farming all :hi:
Last edited by TheJhonnyMan on Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eische

Re: My brand new W.I.P map Nelly Creek Farms

Post by Eische »

Pictures look good so far. Curious how the new pictures will look like. You might want to share pictures of the real location maybe?
I really like the slightly hilly terrain and tree lines along the fields.
The general setup also looks good. Not too many fields/sellpoints. Depending on the overall layout, this looks very interesting.

Only thing that bothers me is the placement of trees. Trees on one row are all oriented in the same way. This looks odd. Maybe you already changed it.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
TheJhonnyMan

Post by TheJhonnyMan »

Eische wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:58 pm Pictures look good so far. Curious how the new pictures will look like. You might want to share pictures of the real location maybe?
I really like the slightly hilly terrain and tree lines along the fields.
The general setup also looks good. Not too many fields/sellpoints. Depending on the overall layout, this looks very interesting.

Only thing that bothers me is the placement of trees. Trees on one row are all oriented in the same way. This looks odd. Maybe you already changed it.
G'day thanks for the reply
Well this map is based in Mid-western Western Australia, the trees do look kind of like that yeah I will change them, round
Keeping in mind that the lack of many fields is because of the fact that there are some really Huge ones and some smaller ones,
I may share pictures of the real life location on here maybe. But there are many pictures on my Discord server - I have a link here if you wish to see - https://discord.gg/rvtdhzn
Anyways I will share more Pictures with time, however I need to solve the many issues the map has first.
Happy Farming! - Thejhonnyman :hi:
Eische

Post by Eische »

Australian setting? Even better! That's very rare in the FS world.

For the trees, maybe we have a misunderstanding here. The type of trees is fine. It's just that on the pictures they are all placed in the same way. You see the same side of all trees in a row. If you would rotate each of them just a little bit, it would look so much better. I think for the autorotation placement there is a shortcut in GE.

Thank you for your work!
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
TheJhonnyMan

Post by TheJhonnyMan »

Eische wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:01 am Australian setting? Even better! That's very rare in the FS world.

For the trees, maybe we have a misunderstanding here. The type of trees is fine. It's just that on the pictures they are all placed in the same way. You see the same side of all trees in a row. If you would rotate each of them just a little bit, it would look so much better. I think for the autorotation placement there is a shortcut in GE.

Thank you for your work!
G'day,
I have Listened to your suggestions, and yes that is what I mean't before about shifting trees around.
I have some new pics of the map and have rotated the trees around a little bit

I am continuing steady work on the map and more pictures will follow soon
Till then happy farming! :hi:
TheJhonnyMan

Post by TheJhonnyMan »

*UPDATE*
Ok so it has been about a month since I last updated this page, I have an absolutely MASSIVE update on the map since quite a lot has changed
First off I would like to say that due to a lot of errors and lack of in game ability to run the map in game the original 2x map for all platforms is now scrapped. this is due to the other reasons among the fact that the map simply would not look good as such, so with the help of the creator of Ninghan farms Aussie farmer, who helped me attempt to fix such errors, we decided it would be best if the map would become bigger,

Therefore, Nelly Creek farms will officially become A 4x Map and therefore not come to console, and the map is being worked on as a partnership between myself and Aussie Farmer, and as such we have formed a Mod team and will be 1 of 2 projects that are our first projects as a mod team
so let me outline the New features the 4x version will include:
4x map
Real PDA Image (subject to change)
around 17-20ish Fields (also subject to change)
custom buildings
1 main farm
3 main sheep pastures
2 wool sell points
3 main sell-points
Placeable areas for creating farms

Here are the Ingame images of the map so far
I have also made a teaser trailer for the map which can be found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q8f24YtyF4

I will keep you all updated in the coming weeks and months of the map but for now
Happy farming folks! :hi:
Eische

Post by Eische »

That looks and sounds awesome! Great to hear you teamed up with Aussie Farmer!
The details on the pictures are really beautiful and show that you put your heart in it.

Keep on and there will be an awesome map at the end.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
TheJhonnyMan

Post by TheJhonnyMan »

*UPDATE*
I am glad to say that the map has had some amazing progress in the past few months, with Fields definitions being added and also changing things round.
Today I will share some of these pics with you all

More screenshots of the map will be added as progress continues,
till then Happy Farming :hi: