cultivate oilseed radish in winter or wait until spring and till it in while planting?

DavidOwen

cultivate oilseed radish in winter or wait until spring and till it in while planting?

Post by DavidOwen »

I suppose with seasons I have two options, depending on if the oilseed radish I have planted in the fall is ready to harvest in the winter or in the spring when time comes to plant more grain: I can wither cultivate it in and sit and wait until I can plant grain for a few more seasonal days or I can wait until the spring if it does not go bad and just cultivate/fertilize and plant all at the same time with my drill, incorporating the oilseed radish in as added fertilizer.

Any thoughts on how it works best with seasons?
Last edited by DavidOwen on Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
JensChrDK

Re: cultivate oilseed radish in winter or wait until spring and till it in while planting?

Post by JensChrDK »

I have done both - with no big difference in results, so it's up to you and how you wanna spent your time - you could argue that more of the oilseed potentially could get "harvested" if you sow in the fall, cause it has to wait longer time than if you wait til spring..
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick