Release new game every other year
13%
More time between new game release
63%

Total votes: 128

eric21

Re: Keep FS19 or Continue with FS21?

Post by eric21 »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:17 pm The Squad also confirmed FS21 was postponed on a YouTube community post
The squad? You watch his videos?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yup. Been watching since 17 came out and I just subbed my new channel to his channel two weeks ago
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

j_maybury wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:20 pm I would like to think they have conceded to our wishes, but it is more likely that they want to see what the specks of the new consoles are before they go any further with FS21/22
Or Focus is making them squeeze more money out of their best selling game to date.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

It's all about the new consoles, so the next game isn't out of date within a couple months.
Of course that means PC/Mac players have to wait for the new consoles as well.
It's always about money first for a company.
If it means a better 19, then everyone should be happy.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If it was all about the money then they would have released FS21 in autumn 2020 as per the normal turnaround. The new game, even if a relative refresh, would have made them and Focus far, far more money than three DLCs, of which many have already paid for through the Season Pass.

This is good news for everyone, except Focus, who have probably conceded now that the developers need more time. While perhaps nothing, it's worth noting that the other report on Focus's website (the Presentation) mentions the partnership between GIANTS and Focus as "renewal", perhaps suggesting that the contract between the two is or has been under negotiation - maybe one of GIANTS stipulations was a minimum three year turnaround between major releases...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:52 pm It's all about the new consoles, so the next game isn't out of date within a couple months.
Of course that means PC/Mac players have to wait for the new consoles as well.
It's always about money first for a company.
If it means a better 19, then everyone should be happy.
Not just giants but it seems not many pre orders for games on playstation store. The major ones are The Last of Us and Cyberpunk and that's pretty much it
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I wonder if Giants had this thread in mind when they talked to Focus and made the decision to extend the cycle, at least for "FS21". I hope this becomes the new trend, gives modders and Giants a chance to get the bugs out of the way, get the game moving in a fluid motion, and crank up the amazing content that will be guaranteed with an extra year of development
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:41 pm If it was all about the money then they would have released FS21 in autumn 2020 as per the normal turnaround. The new game, even if a relative refresh, would have made them and Focus far, far more money than three DLCs, of which many have already paid for through the Season Pass.

This is good news for everyone, except Focus, who have probably conceded now that the developers need more time. While perhaps nothing, it's worth noting that the other report on Focus's website (the Presentation) mentions the partnership between GIANTS and Focus as "renewal", perhaps suggesting that the contract between the two is or has been under negotiation - maybe one of GIANTS stipulations was a minimum three year turnaround between major releases...
I doubt they would have had similar sales with players knowing the new consoles were close. I suspect Giants know this, and are banking on additional DLC to make up financially while they wait. Also, there is a lot of negative feedback with regards to 19, so they'll probably want to deal with that a bit. I expect the next version will still be a copy/paste, but supporting the new consoles. I really hope I'm wrong.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:47 am I wonder if Giants had this thread in mind when they talked to Focus and made the decision to extend the cycle, at least for "FS21". I hope this becomes the new trend, gives modders and Giants a chance to get the bugs out of the way, get the game moving in a fluid motion, and crank up the amazing content that will be guaranteed with an extra year of development
They probably want to make sure their game will run on the new consoles. I suspect many companies will be doing the same.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:18 am
Dairydeere wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:47 am I wonder if Giants had this thread in mind when they talked to Focus and made the decision to extend the cycle, at least for "FS21". I hope this becomes the new trend, gives modders and Giants a chance to get the bugs out of the way, get the game moving in a fluid motion, and crank up the amazing content that will be guaranteed with an extra year of development
They probably want to make sure their game will run on the new consoles. I suspect many companies will be doing the same.
We at least want to know how the coming console generation looks before we make that decision. That's the major reason why we won't release a new FS game this year.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
aklein

Post by aklein »

Indeed, to double down and put out a new FS just prior to or just after the new consoles are supposed to launch may not give them enough time on the development platforms to truly create a game worthy of the new consoles performance. If these consoles are truly well above the capabilities of the current consoles it looks like from the supposed specs I am seeing online. These can truly close the gap somewhat on the great console to PC divide.

This is a very sound business decision based upon their bread and butter of sales on consoles.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

I really didn't now anything about this when starting this topic :lol: kind of funny that the day after they announce it :hmm:
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

O5-Chris wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:52 pm
We at least want to know how the coming console generation looks before we make that decision. That's the major reason why we won't release a new FS game this year.
So there is nothing to suggest that you will extend every game launch by one extra year for future game releases??? :hmm:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I think they dont know yet
Pict

Post by Pict »

Azfoor wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:55 am Is there more people like me that thinks Giants should just stop making a new game every other year and just keep updating and releaseing new features on the current one?
Or should they keep releasing every other year?
Maby they should wait longer to release a new game, say every 4 years?
I tend to to agree with you, in that it would be better to update / add features/packs addons or whatever as I really like the IL-2 BOX series of WWII combat flight simulator https://il2sturmovik.com/ and that's pretty much how they develop it, ie., updates & add-ons to a base game platform and it works well for them and they're customer base.

However I wouldn't hold my breath to see Giants go down that path, even although it may well be the right time too head that way.