Wool Pallet Loading

annasgramma

Wool Pallet Loading

Post by annasgramma »

A clueless farmer needs help! I have four sheep pastures (BTW, I absolutely detest the terrain alteration!) Lots of sheep generate lots of wool. Is there an autoloading flatbed-type trailer I can use to autoload the full pallets to take to the spinnery? I find it difficult and time consuming to take pallets one at a time to the spinnery. Thanks for any suggestions. I can download a mod if necessary, but something already in the game would be preferable, if available. I understand if nothing is available, but automation is a good thing!
Goose66

Re: Wool Pallet Loading

Post by Goose66 »

There is an autoload bale trailer on PC but I don't think it takes pallets.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

there are a few in game trailers that will allow you to load more than one pallet at a time.
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Thanks
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Take the bag n lifter. It can handle about 4 palets of wool and Lift them onto the fliegl bale-trailer. It is mit Automatic but much faster as with a fork...
PS4 und PC
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

My wool comes slowly enough now I can load it with out too much hassle on a trailer, it's having to unload them all with a forklift that is making me want to get rid of the sheep. Seem like most things you either unload/overload or they pop out when you get to the sell point, wool won't pop out unless I take it off the trailer. :(
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Which trailer are you using? I had that problem with the small ‘convertible’ flatbed, when I use the fleigl bale trailer configured as a flatbed it sells directly without unloading.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Yeah, the small one with various volumes, and a flat setting. meh. I was thinking of getting a better trailer anyway, guess it's time.
It was kind of fun tipping the trailer over with the forklift, and pushing the bales around, but only once.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I think it was a bad idea to change the wool pallet volume from 4k on FS17 to 1k on FS19.
Even with 50 Sheep, it's just way to much hassle, even more so considering the not so great pallet loading physics.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I got the fleigl bale trailer, but there were no config options, except tires and load left/right.
I had trouble putting bales of silage in it, until I closed it and put them in the top, haven't gotten to try wool yet.
to sell the silage bales I had to open it.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Seedy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:50 pm I got the fleigl bale trailer, but there were no config options, except tires and load left/right.
I had trouble putting bales of silage in it, until I closed it and put them in the top, haven't gotten to try wool yet.
to sell the silage bales I had to open it.
The other fliegl trailer is the one I meant.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Ah, I hadn't realized it was a mod, may have to get that, havn't played with mods yet.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

It was one of the things added by giants after launch, you should check them out, there is some nice stuff there
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

george.earlslight wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:22 am I think it was a bad idea to change the wool pallet volume from 4k on FS17 to 1k on FS19.
Even with 50 Sheep, it's just way to much hassle, even more so considering the not so great pallet loading physics.
In 17 they are 2k per pallet (at least with Seasons running; maybe they were bigger without? I don't actually recall now), but that's a detail. I agree it seems funny to make them so small in 19.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I haven't even gotten around to owning sheep yet but would the cotton bale trailer work for hauling wool pallets? I know it can lift up and down but I dont know if the pallets would slide off or stay in place when you lift it up.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime