Ravenport Garbage heaps

eustace_pharmer

Re: Ravenport Garbage heaps

Post by eustace_pharmer »

erict43 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:54 am I don't play much on Ravenport because the trash looks shabby. But, not every farm area is clean and well-kept. To me it looks like an out-of-the way lower-middle-class neighborhood. I think this map brings some variety, and I don't find it insulting as an American. Westbridge Hills was a US map and it looked like a Norman Rockwell painting, but nobody complained that it wasn't representative of the average US farm. Remember Chellington? Not a Giants map, obviously, but the main farm yard there looked like it was going to fall apart. But it was one of my favorite maps because it felt like a generations-old farm and I liked the atmosphere. How about Sosnovka? Think the Eastern Europeans get bent out of shape because parts of it look run down? That's my favorite Giants map precisely because of its character. I get that a lot of people don't like the look and feel of Ravenport, but I think many are taking it personally and I don't think that puts us Americans in a good light.
I loved Chellington. That's the map that made me go to PC. Oxy is a friend of mine.
It did have it's run down bits but my point is, he is from that country so I feel it's not so inappropriate. When you speak of another's country or make a map representing a country that is not your own I you have to have some decorum and respect. That's my beef with this all.
You don't stop playing because you grow old
You grow old because you stop playing
http://www.youtube.com/c/eustacepharmer
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

So you’re saying if you don’t live in that country you have to make it look as pretty as possible... that makes literally NO sense
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I've said this before in another thread on this same subject: I'm married to an Austrian woman. I've spent the last ten years hearing what her family thinks of Americans. It's nothing pleasant. They think we are uneducated, lazy, ignorant morons. If their views are representative of even a small portion of the people in that part of the world, then the map and trash makes perfect sense.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

There are plenty of topics just like this, can we lock this one and switch to a pre existing one? Quite honestly I'm tired of this argument. If you don't like the map DON'T PLAY THE MAP
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I haven't logged many hours on FS19 in all honesty and even fewer in Ravenport, and while I do agree that the map is poorly done compared to most maps put out by GIANTS. However, I was more concerned about the roads that are nearly impassable with a tractor trailer, and the invisible obstacles I would crash into. Most of my time so far has been played on Estancia Lapacho, which represents a South American map. I enjoy that map, But there is also a lot of junk in the towns and cities there. Yet, I haven't seen anyone that was insulted by this as you say you are with Ravenport. I'm certain that the junk in backyards was not intended to slander Americans. They are well aware a large portion of their playerbase are Americans. Have a good day.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

eustace_pharmer wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:50 am
Addictedtofs wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:54 am The one thing I noticed, in addition to the trash, is the house. It's cluttered and run down. It needs paint. The house on the German map is pristine.
Yeah, every house is a dump on Ravenport,lol. I need a paint brush mod.
When I first noticed the run down house and farm yard I got excited cause I thought it might be a progression idea where as you cleaned up your yard the garbage would start disappearing (as what was done of the spectacle island mod map) amd the house would slowly start to look better. Too bad. Im not mad...... Just..... Disappointed
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

eustace_pharmer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:22 pm
You never been to Louisiana,Mississippi,Alabama or Georgia have you??
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
GeneralKaishi

Post by GeneralKaishi »

eustace_pharmer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:37 pm
Smith Modding wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 pm I haven’t noticed it because I’m too busy looking at the tractors, the buildings, the landscape, and a bunch of other stuff that makes the map look good. Yes, there is trash. But in movies, American farms are generally portrayed as run down and rural- and if giants uses that as their inspiration, than that’s what it’s gonna look like. Again, it’s not offensive or demeaning to the country... I don’t see why you think it is
Well there ya go. You spend more time looking at tractors and buildings. I see a much bigger picture. Regarding rural farms I grew up in a rural farm area and my family owned two large farms. Immaculate because we have pride in our community and our property. Not every farmer runs a dump zone. I have been across America many times and I have been on many farms and a very small percentage look like a junk yard. I have never been to a town that has every place of business overflowing with trash. Take a closer look next time you drive your tractor around the map. How would you feel if it was your town? You want folks outside the country to think we live like that?

It looks like Giants is on the other side of the pond somewhere in Europe with offices in Zürich (Switzerland), Erlangen (Germany) and Brno (Czech Republic). My guess is the technician working on the map. Has never been to another country. Or maybe just used the trash as filler. Looking out their office window for inspiration.
*Maybe we can purchase the property and use the landscape tool to remove the trash ? Don't know. P.S. I agree with Smith Modding - looking at the different equipment and the landscaping tools available to us. VS looking at all the trash on the map.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

I don't mind the trash since I've seen places both in the EU and the US look that bad.

Im just a little bit disappointed that you can't remove it (clean it up) it takes up space I'd rather use for fields or buildings
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

How about make the trash collectable like gold nuggets - nice fat reward once you pick it all up.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

:lol: Clean the world... One map at the time? :lol:
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

niggle44 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:24 am How about make the trash collectable like gold nuggets - nice fat reward once you pick it all up.
Well, thats kinda good idea actually *thumbsup* :hi:
PS5 / FS22
garyst

Post by garyst »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:29 am
eustace_pharmer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:22 pm
You never been to Louisiana,Mississippi,Alabama or Georgia have you??
Exactly taco, I am from louisiana and this map actually looks pretty clean compared to some areas over here.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

niggle44 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:24 am How about make the trash collectable like gold nuggets - nice fat reward once you pick it all up.
Nah,Its gonna be the new ESport for them. See what team can clean the map the fastest.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
eustace_pharmer

Post by eustace_pharmer »

Smith Modding wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:55 pm So you’re saying if you don’t live in that country you have to make it look as pretty as possible... that makes literally NO sense
@Smith Modding
I did't say that at all. I SAID- HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S COUNTRY. Does that make sense now?
I think you just want to ague and I'm not going to do it with you.
You don't stop playing because you grow old
You grow old because you stop playing
http://www.youtube.com/c/eustacepharmer