Do you focus more on farming or farm management?

ThatCanadianGuy

Re: Do you focus more on farming or farm management?

Post by ThatCanadianGuy » Fri May 22, 2020 11:15 pm

Farm managing I guess by that breakdown.
95% of my fieldwork and driving is done with either CP, the other 4.5% is hired workers and the rest I do myself.

I enjoy fieldwork in real life, can't stand it in the game.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.

dapals51

Post by dapals51 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:28 am

Since I'm on console I'd say 80% managing. Usually feeding livestock or running grain cart or seed cart. Haul my grain in the winter
Last edited by dapals51 on Sun May 24, 2020 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!

JTA91

Post by JTA91 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 am

Honestly since im on console its mostly farm management not by choice, but necessity. I like to run large operations, which usually entails 2 of each machine to run so 1 worker and i run the same field. Its how ive run in real life before. Its fun to have "help" in the field plus i have to do what the workers cant do like endrows as the workers are horrible. On the harvesting, unfortunately its usually running grain cart, or taking a lot more time cutting to where i get a full grain tank, unload, and "cut" up or section the field so i can make it a round and unload on one end of the field. I have to have a lot of trucks either way just so i can get everything harvested before rain etc. Because like realclofe, trucking eats up a LOT of time. I do play on seasons, usually the maximum amount of days so i have time usually but it would be nice to get the pc going and have more help. Its hard to play with my friends because A: we all have jobs and families, and B: going through and getting everyone's mods to match is a PAIN. Ill also usually plant trees or build sections of the map to make smaller more challenging fields that i have to do myself just so i have something to do separate. Here in Western Ky you can have 750 acres of ground accessed through a 4 mile long1 lane gravel road and the field is literally 500 ft wide and miles long, with creeks and power lines and whatever in between but its good ground. I try to model or adjust my maps to what i know.

livesea72

Post by livesea72 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:00 am

I have 2 friends who got the game when it went free and bought seasons pass after trying it out. We work westbridge hills together and its been alot of farm management trying to teach them while running 6 fields too.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ last FS game I'm buying full price.New PC player

Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 pm

I do most of my work myself I only hire helpers for silage harvests or big fields when I need 2 harvesters going other then that my plowing cultivating and spraying I do myself
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox one s orangebeach Alabama

Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:48 pm

JTA91 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 am
Honestly since im on console its mostly farm management not by choice, but necessity. I like to run large operations, which usually entails 2 of each machine to run so 1 worker and i run the same field. Its how ive run in real life before. Its fun to have "help" in the field plus i have to do what the workers cant do like endrows as the workers are horrible. On the harvesting, unfortunately its usually running grain cart, or taking a lot more time cutting to where i get a full grain tank, unload, and "cut" up or section the field so i can make it a round and unload on one end of the field. I have to have a lot of trucks either way just so i can get everything harvested before rain etc. Because like realclofe, trucking eats up a LOT of time. I do play on seasons, usually the maximum amount of days so i have time usually but it would be nice to get the pc going and have more help. Its hard to play with my friends because A: we all have jobs and families, and B: going through and getting everyone's mods to match is a PAIN. Ill also usually plant trees or build sections of the map to make smaller more challenging fields that i have to do myself just so i have something to do separate. Here in Western Ky you can have 750 acres of ground accessed through a 4 mile long1 lane gravel road and the field is literally 500 ft wide and miles long, with creeks and power lines and whatever in between but its good ground. I try to model or adjust my maps to what i know.
I'm in the same boat as you don't play multiplayer mainly because of the pain of matching mods and also me and my friends have jobs and family and live in different time zones which makes it hard to play
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox one s orangebeach Alabama

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere » Mon May 25, 2020 2:01 am

Mwal wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:59 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:45 pm
Mwal wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:43 pm

What trailer are you using?
I've tried a lot of them lol. But most recently, one of the in game Strautmans. I've also wanted to run an auger to a truck parked on the side, then that truck run to the silo, but the same thing happens.
Auger wagons won’t work yet, I believe they are the greyed out box that you can’t use for anything yet.
Before I state my opinion, would one of you want to private message me or message me on discord about Courseplay? Still haven’t scratched the surface and looking for someone experienced with it to help me out:)
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS 17 on PS4; FS 19 on Epic Games

Currently farming away on FSN
Find me on Discord - Dairydeere #2509
YT Channel- The Carpet Farmer
YT Discord- https://discord.gg/HgWPg2h

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere » Mon May 25, 2020 2:02 am

My opinion though on the OP, I have turned to doing it myself lately as being in the FSN means no workers, so as long as I have good ol GPS I will work it myself
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS 17 on PS4; FS 19 on Epic Games

Currently farming away on FSN
Find me on Discord - Dairydeere #2509
YT Channel- The Carpet Farmer
YT Discord- https://discord.gg/HgWPg2h

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!