That map had SO MUCH more:
1. you didn't use "seeds" in seeders - you used "wheat seeds", "corn seeds" etc - so had to unload seeder at base if you wanted to change to another crop.
2. "Burglers" at night might steal either fuel from the machine or the whole machine if left outside "base" for the night (once lost Terra Tos harvester - that really hurt).
3. You could "hide" machinery" in garages - so basically they where "unloaded" - helped on weaker machines. Also helped reduce TAB-ing.
4. Whole lot of scripted random events (including a railway crossing maintenance, short "high demand" contracts for crop delivery)
5. Selling stuff didn't plummet the price after first unload (so a bit like it's now in FS19).
6. Buying stations actually had size cap - so "bakery" didn't accept million tons of wheat flour (yes, there was some production too),
7. Cargo trains and ships came in certain times and picked up delivered cargo.
It was a pity the mapmaker didn't bother to create proper manual as map was totally different from the base game.