How do you find triggers?

mexel75

How do you find triggers?

Post by mexel75 »

Hi,

how to I find and see the triggers on the map? Especially those hidden ones. For example some times I'm not sure if a silo is just a decoration or if it's a buy or sellpoint. And straw triggers can also sometimes be hard to find.
juf.de

Re: How do you find triggers?

Post by juf.de »

I use F5 with activated devmode if i can't find the trigger.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

I watch the map on you-tube, if its any good I note down the trigger points and load it up, you need to press F1 for the menu, when you think your around the trigger spots it should show up when you are on one, static objects nothing happens and they seem a bit blurred close up.
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

juf.de wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:21 pm I use F5 with activated devmode if i can't find the trigger.
Yes, I just found that. But what does a trigger look like? Is it a kind of big box?
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

blackiecat wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:46 pm I watch the map on you-tube, if its any good I note down the trigger points and load it up, you need to press F1 for the menu, when you think your around the trigger spots it should show up when you are on one, static objects nothing happens and they seem a bit blurred close up.
Good tip. Thanks
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Yes, a trigger is an empty box made out of yellowish lines, now there are a lot of triggers with different purpose in the game, so you will still have to figure out which one is the sell station.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

There are some maps with triggers missing, some with no yellow box's, some are under the concrete or soil, if you stuck for anything just put a similar mod in, make sure the ground is flat it's a lot easier.
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Great, thank you all for the answers
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

For hidden triggers, I turn on the help window and move slowly around the placeable until I see the option come up, then I just note the location for future reference.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)