Straw bales instead of grass

dandare75

Straw bales instead of grass

Post by dandare75 »

More help please. Baling wet windrow grass in Chellington map, however I am having straw bales from the baler. Have addon straw harvest installed. All I am wanting to do is bale wet grass, then wrap them.

Any help and pointers appreciated.
ChiefContractor

Re: Straw bales instead of grass

Post by ChiefContractor »

Your swaths are having an identity crisis
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

You pick up grass, but straw bales comes out? Is it just the first because there was straw left over in the baler, or have you made several bales?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

If there's some leftover straw in the baler from the previous job then the first bale will be straw. It'll then switch to grass for the second.
dandare75

Post by dandare75 »

JensChrDK wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 am You pick up grass, but straw bales comes out? Is it just the first because there was straw left over in the baler, or have you made several bales?
new baler. 3 bales produced all are straw.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

It is a mod conflict. That happens to me on one of my farms where I also run the Real Life Numbers mod.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

More info might hjelp. Using maize Plus, custom baler? I’ve had issues with 4d modding’s hesston on a map I play, horse grass came out as grass. That was a baler-problem, but without info on what kind of additional mods you might use, it’s hard to help. It has to be a modconflict of sorts, or there would be an outcry by the masses if this was using default equipment 😜
dandare75

Post by dandare75 »

Doc3d wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:22 pm More info might hjelp. Using maize Plus, custom baler? I’ve had issues with 4d modding’s hesston on a map I play, horse grass came out as grass. That was a baler-problem, but without info on what kind of additional mods you might use, it’s hard to help. It has to be a modconflict of sorts, or there would be an outcry by the masses if this was using default equipment 😜
Using maize plus. Mod baler, sipma bale pack. Thought it would be a mod conflict. Will try and take some out see what it is.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Luftkopf wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:20 pm It is a mod conflict. That happens to me on one of my farms where I also run the Real Life Numbers mod.
Hello Luftkopf,
Could you tell me on what map you are seeing this conversion of bales to straw?
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

kahfs wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:07 am Hello Luftkopf,
It was on MVP 19 where the 1290 HDP converted my bales to straw. I use the AGCO High Density Baler now, and haven’t tried the Krone for a while.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Luftkopf wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:45 am
kahfs wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:07 am Hello Luftkopf,
It was on MVP 19 where the 1290 HDP converted my bales to straw. I use the AGCO High Density Baler now, and haven’t tried the Krone for a while.
Can you be more specific about the baler 1290 HDP? I find several balers named 1290.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

kahfs wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:27 am Can you be more specific about the baler 1290 HDP? I find several balers named 1290.
Sorry kahfs, it was the KRONE BiGPack 1290 HDP II from Straw Harvest.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Luftkopf wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:07 am
kahfs wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:27 am Can you be more specific about the baler 1290 HDP? I find several balers named 1290.
Thanks, I'll see if I can recreate the issue. I never use Straw Harvest. I end up exceeding the max number of fruit types.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Bale Dysphoria. These days bales can identify as whatever type they choose, and appearance doesn't matter. Just be sure to use their pronouns properly.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

kahfs wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:55 am
Luftkopf wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:07 am
Thanks, I'll see if I can recreate the issue. I never use Straw Harvest. I end up exceeding the max number of fruit types.
Figured it out. In script RealNumbersCommodityPrices.lua at line 820 you will find these lines of code.

-- set bale dimensions
--[[
if g_baleTypeManager.squareBales ~= nil then
for k,bale in pairs(g_baleTypeManager.squareBales) do
bale.diameter = RN.squareBale.width;
bale.width = RN.squareBale.width;
bale.height = RN.squareBale.height;
bale.length = RN.squareBale.length;
end;
g_baleTypeManager.defaultSquareBale.diameter = RN.squareBale.width;
g_baleTypeManager.defaultSquareBale.width = RN.squareBale.width;
end;
--]]

These lines of code resets the bale dimensions. As there is now a variety of bale dimensions in the game this code should not be executed.

Here the lines have been commented out by placing the lines inside a pair of comments like this:

--[[

everthing in here is commented out.

--]]

Before doing this the baler told me it contained grass, but the bales coming out were straw.
After commenting out these lines I got nice green grass bales.

You need to unzip the mod file somewhere outside your mod folder, edit the script file with notepad or notepad++ and save. Then rezip the folder and place it in your mod folder.