"Meh" (Or whatever word all the cool kids are using these days to express lack of interest)

Miketeg

Re: "Meh" (Or whatever word all the cool kids are using these days to express lack of interest)

Post by Miketeg »

The launch of FS19 was a total fail and it took so long for Giants to fix game breaking bugs that people (me included) are on negative mood for the next launch.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
blue_painted

Re: "Meh" (Or whatever word all the cool kids are using these days to express lack of interest)

Post by blue_painted »

I started playing the week after FS17 launched and I was amazed at how much people hated it for not being FS15 "plus all the bits I have to have" - I also remember there being some early patches, in about the first or second week, for multiplayer problems and a few other things ... and the day-zero 4Real mods from GIANTS that "everyone" said should have been part of the base game.

I'll buy FS22 when it comes out. I might not play it much until there are UK maps that I want to play, and there might be my own "must-haves" that I wait for.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've played this series for a very long time. In my humble opinion, FS17 was the best one at launch. New features (tip-anywhere was actually kind of a big deal), good graphics (arguably better than FS19), great sounds (100% better than FS19), and it didn't take too long for Giants to patch some initial bugs. Of course, there was plenty of "this game *censored*" "no new features" "it's just FS15 with mods" but it wasn't like FS19 and I've been a community member here and FS-UK for a long time.

FS19 had a lot of potential, but I personally feel they should've waited for a future release date. We all know why they didn't, the big green and yellow elephant in the room... That was THE major selling point of FS19, I don't care what anyone says.

However, I do have a bit more optimism regarding the next game. They delayed the release and hopefully, that means we'll have a better fleshed-out game at launch. I will say this, as long as the gaming community continues pre-ordering games, developers will continue releasing unfinished products and relying on the community to be beta testers. But that's just the way it is now because people think they're "winning" if they have something before someone else.

Honestly, I've had a lot of fun with FS19 and I'm still logging plenty of hours with it. BUT, it's just now getting to the point that it should've been in at release (again, my opinion).
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

@fenixguy - it's interesting that you mention tip-anywhere because now you mention it, I think I remember some grumbling that is wasn't implemented as well as the mod in FS15 ... plus ca change, plus ca meme chose

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

blue_painted wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:56 pm plus ca change, plus ca meme chose
The correct way is :

Plus ça change, plus c'est pareil

For one time I can use french on the board..lol
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Miketeg wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:13 pm
blue_painted wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:56 pm plus ca change, plus ca meme chose
The correct way is :

Plus ça change, plus c'est pareil

For one time I can use french on the board..lol
I sit corrected!

Edit: I asked my French colleague which version he used ... he simply shrugged in reply.

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:29 pm
Mwal wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:16 pm
theSeb wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:13 pm
I must disagree. This cycle has been happening ever since I've been playing the game. I remember the same apathy, anger, outrage etc when FS 13 was about to be released.
I dunno, from a lot of the modders I know or follow in the American community it seems the negativity has spread to many who have previously been overwhelmingly positive. I agree with fenixguy that the initial rollout of 19 seems to have left a bad taste in even some of the more faithful fs supporters
Unfortunately fs-uk has closed down, otherwise I could have happily shown you tons of negativity from the past. It's a normal thing in pretty much every game. New version - bad, not different enough, too easy, too hard, too dumbed down, etc etc. It's just humanity being humanity
It’s not like humans never are happy...
I’m sure if some one here got the realistic simulator they want there would be plenty of “simple” question threads from parents with confused 9yr olds wanting to play and probably a bunch of burnt out semi realistic players having to mod features out of the game...
That’s why I love mods like Seasons, it takes a simple every mans game and allows everyone to tailor it to their play styles. Someone wants arcade? They got it. Someone wants a realistic grind, they got it.

Edit: For some of the pg 2 posts, I hoping that this release is smoother the 19, and hopefully the next ones are also. I’m going to guess (based on much of the gaming industry) the Focus contractually forced GIANTS to release a game a year regardless of practicality, which is probably why both FS19 and FS20 have had features added into the game after release through updates as GIANTS just made a half functional release to hold up to contractual obligations. At least that’s my theory.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I remember FS13 being somewhat of a joke and a meme for bad programming with tractors that take to the air as soon as you try to lift up a bale. and YouTubers having contests of who could fling their tractor the furthest.
As for FS19, this was the first time the console players had a good game with FS17 towards the end with all the added mods, only to realise that the new version was a damp squib with none of the mods they have grown to like.
As for the PC vet's, they knew exactly what was going to happen and held back from buying for about three to four months, in the meantime, they stuck with the old game.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

j_maybury wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:48 pm I remember FS13 being somewhat of a joke and a meme for bad programming with tractors that take to the air as soon as you try to lift up a bale. and YouTubers having contests of who could fling their tractor the furthest.
As for FS19, this was the first time the console players had a good game with FS17 towards the end with all the added mods, only to realise that the new version was a damp squib with none of the mods they have grown to like.
As for the PC vet's, they knew exactly what was going to happen and held back from buying for about three to four months, in the meantime, they stuck with the old game.
FS13 was the one where improved bale physics were teased and hyped before release. It turned out, as you mention, that they were awful and there was much anger (rightfully so in my opinion)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:16 pm
As for Seasonal Cycles, it's probably being included because a lot of people have been asking for Seasons to be in the base game.

Every time in the past when I have seen that mentioned either on livestreams or on forum's I have cringed as my fear has always been it will end up being what you said.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:24 am
Every time in the past when I have seen that mentioned either on livestreams or on forum's I have cringed as my fear has always been it will end up being what you said.
The problem is there is not enough to do in the winter months except shovel snow and cut trees, there need's to be more options like refuge collection like we had in FS15 that we could put on auto in the summer months. hedge trimming in autumn and spring, like what Oxygen Dave had a dabble with on one of his maps. and get paid by the Council for every hedge you trim. or whatever happens in other country's. surely there must be some activities that can be added without much trouble, that are somehow linked to a farm, something like maintaining a caravan park for example.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Personally for me apart from looking after the animals I skip through winter as I am only interested in the other elements it brings into the gameplay. I avoid any form of logging as real life is stressful enough without dealing with Giants log physics :lol:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Fleshed out greenhouse farming in the winter could allow us to provide produce to local grocers. They could also lead to profitable roadside vegetable stands in the spring/summer.
I'd be happy to see something like that added. I'm not interested in full scale logging.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m an actual farmer and a heavy equipment operator. Last winter I remodeled a house, a bathroom, cut up storm blown trees for people and myself and fixed a couple pieces of machinery that needed more maintenance than the standard. I pushed snow and loaded grain when the price was high. I even hauled a few things for people out of state or back from others. Basically in between all these odd jobs I play pretend farm with my kids, play farm sim, or watch tv. There’s no secret things to do in the winter it’s boring and you go from running 100 miles an hour to zero in short time so that adds to it as you have to learn to relax a touch again. That’s why the forum gets so busy in winter, bunch of farmers with nothing to do haha. Hell even now the reason I’m here is because it’s not my turn to drive to the site today, or something went wrong or broke and we need parts ad are you waiting.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:23 pm Personally for me apart from looking after the animals I skip through winter as I am only interested in the other elements it brings into the gameplay. I avoid any form of logging as real life is stressful enough without dealing with Giants log physics :lol:
I agree entirely with you, the physics are awful, they make a straightforward job, ten times worse where it gets to the point that you end up using the super-strength mod so that you can move on to something else.
The physics are nearly as bad as the FS13 physics that I talked about earlier.