Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

iwan073

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by iwan073 »

eve333 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:31 pm
iwan073 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:19 am Lots of yellow trees. Where are the red ones at?!
Indeed the autumn scenes look very unnatural, all trees looking the same...

The fact that you can not change the amount of days a season lasts disappointed me, but i'm sure it won't take long before a solution to that wil come.

So overall i'm quite happy with what is coming.
Realismus modding might come out with their version of Seasons again. Including longer seasons.
Should be a little less work this time, since a lot is implemented in the base game this time.
Ignorance is bliss
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Unfortunately they decided to go with fs19 sky(instead of fs17) , which is a big mistake. Because of that i am not buying it.
Lucidity

Post by Lucidity »

Come on Giants. This is window dressing on fs19, nothing more. I expect innovation from the developer not hacks of existing mods. I certainly hope you have more to reveal than some simple fx updates and borrows from the modding community.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Fs17 was redressed FS15 and therefore was garbage that GIANTS should be ashamed of and kicked off of this planet for.

Now I should have everyone who determined FS22 would be terrible at FS19’s launch because “FS17 better” wanting my head… :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Im usually very critical of Giants and sometimes i feel sry for doing that beacuse ppl that work there are pretty nice afaik. That being said yes i do think fs22 is underwelming but i think they are heading in the right direction this time. But they need to add more depth for their features. Example if we have seasons why not make a distinction between fall tillage and spring tillage. Also Stefan Maurus yestarday said that cultivators dig the soil more so there i no residue unlike disc harrow. That is not true field cultivators leave MORE residue than disc harrows and they are a spring tillage tool while disc harrow is multi season. Only power harrows which pulverize the earth work like that but they are mostly used in europe beacuse us fields are too big for such smaller tools which are PTO driven.
Eische

Post by Eische »

njuska11 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:20 am Example if we have seasons why not make a distinction between fall tillage and spring tillage. Also Stefan Maurus yestarday said that cultivators dig the soil more so there i no residue unlike disc harrow. That is not true field cultivators leave MORE residue than disc harrows and they are a spring tillage tool while disc harrow is multi season. Only power harrows which pulverize the earth work like that but they are mostly used in europe beacuse us fields are too big for such smaller tools which are PTO driven.
You have a very limited point of view. It highly depends on the type of disc harrow/cultivator and their setting what outcome you would have.
Depending on your soil type, a disc harrow would work better than a cultivator...or vice versa.
It highly depends on the regional conditions, what works best for your operation.

The only difference in reality:
With disc harrow you can actually cut down the residue to smaller pieces, which might be beneficial for follow up activities like planting/seeding.

They wanted to add a distinction between both types. And they connected it to weed control. So that leaves some decision to be made by the player. This is really nice in my opinion.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

What if like real life you plow it and cultivate before planting, will 2 tillage passes make the weeds slower growing? Would be real incentive to do this then. Lots of possibilities.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

They don’t get to in depth because of complexity, I mean they said they dumbed down seasons partially because it confused people, I doubt we will ever see things like different shovels on a chisel plow or cultivator or blades on a disk or tillage depth which is what actually dictates how much earth you turn.
Lilljonsson

Post by Lilljonsson »

I really hope that they will add random punctures and that things will break on the machines and accessories. such as oil changes, hoses breaking, grinding the chains on the forest harvester, welding things that break and so on. It would really increase the realistic feel of the game.
Lilljonsson

Post by Lilljonsson »

What I mean is that there should be an option in the settings called "realistic mode" so that fuel consumption becomes more realistic and general wear increases / maintenance. such as a puncture or that a hydraulic hose breaks or that the machine stops out of nowhere and you have to call a mechanic from the workshop who delivers the machines in the game. I do not think it is a complicated option. Then I think their idea regarding soil samples, gps and baking cakes etc. is very overambitious and unnecessary.
gogoci41

Post by gogoci41 »

Old Deutz combine and John Deere 4x series ?

eric21

Post by eric21 »

Lilljonsson wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:59 pm I really hope that they will add random punctures and that things will break on the machines and accessories. such as oil changes, hoses breaking, grinding the chains on the forest harvester, welding things that break and so on. It would really increase the realistic feel of the game.
Manufacturers won't let that happen
Bot Roast

Post by Bot Roast »

^ That's really unfortunate. Maybe if the machines break down at the same rate it might get an 'OK'. It might be too much to add at this point in the franchises life anyway. We can only hope that this game will become a true simulator in the future, with vanilla options of course lol.
Byrger

Post by Byrger »

have some shame on you Giants Software ....
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Byrger wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:00 pm have some shame on you Giants Software ....
You brought a zombie thread back just for that???
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms