Why so expensive???

muzickmage

Why so expensive???

Post by muzickmage » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:39 am

Once again, Giants has to destroy a great function by making it too expensive to use in any way that might be considered fun.... or economically playable within the game's economy system.

1) I don't know what's going on with the European tractors over there where Giants has their office but here in North America tractors don't require thousands of dollars in repair cost every time they plow or cultivate a couple fields..... especially not on the extremely small fields that Giants offers with their maps.

2) And OMFG.... the "repaint" cost. Are you freakin kidding me. I didn't notice the repaint option right away when I was repairing my tractor... when I did I thought I was reading it wrong. Giants actually thinks I am going to pay tens of thousands of dollars every couple days to repaint my tractor. TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS... per tractor/implement. Not a few hundred dollars every now-and-then to touch up the paint but rather ... thousands upon thousands.... this expense is actually on super fast forward.

I don't know about anyone else but I am just starting out with a new farm. I only have about 12 or so hours on it. I can't afford to pay thousands of dollars in repair cost for my tractor just because I plowed a couple fields with it... and then pay (what I see now as being) $21,000 in repaint cost. Really??? $21,000??? And that's with the graph bar only 1/3 depleted.

Why does Giants have to make this function this expensive? It's just unneccessary.

Digaph

Re: Why so expensive???

Post by Digaph » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:14 am

Both these features have been pretty similar in FS19. Still about the repaint I totally agree.

Paint wear is way too fast, buy a brand new harvester, do one small field harvest and your entire harvester (including the rubber flaps) are full of shiny metal parts where the paint has been chipped off.
Since paint wear is purely cosmetic, it does not appear to affect the working of the vehicle or implement itself, I've always wondered why it's not an option I can disable in game. After all I can slow down or disable dirt build up if I wanted to.

Considering the paint wear, I don't mind the feature, would even enjoy it, if it was slowed down about 10x.

parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:30 am

I generally agree on both points, particularly on the paint. I assume the repair costs is probably set to (somewhat) offset the (relative to the real world) almost-absurd profitability of farming in the game. I mean, the game is by its nature (and necessity) highly “condensed” or “compressed” compared to reality, in terms of time and money. So (at least in my mind), it follows that machine wear and upkeep would also be concentrated.

But, yeah, the bills are kind of a gut punch! Maybe it will get some tuning with an update soon.

theSeb

Post by theSeb » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:19 am

It's because you are getting far more money and crops from your little fields, so everything needs to be inline or "gamefied". It's just the way they balance the game to fit the scale of the game.

Mafredr

Post by Mafredr » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:00 pm

Not got to play to mutch yet sadly. So yield is mutch higer now than in 19?