upcoming bugfix

TheSarkY

Re: upcoming bugfix

Post by TheSarkY »

I thought crossplay is gonna be a cool thing but now its only making more problem for pc players. they need more time for patches and once they release them theres gonna be more bugs and long wait again before they fix it and thats ofcourse if they fix it. we are also limited with base game vehicles as seems like they wont add more vehicles to base game and alot of dlc vehicles/equipment is missing. i would rather not have cross play and have everything right on pc.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

My two cents. Yes there are bugs in the game and they can and will be fixed. At least Giant's bugs in FS22 are not frying GPU's especially the high end ones that cost as much as a new PC, like a certain game that will remain unnamed. If you follow PC news you will know which game I'm talking about.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:03 pm Last games patch came out for PC testing after a couple weeks, then for everyone a couple days before Christmas. They can’t just fix one thing here. They have multiple bugs, in which the fix has to be tested against the other fixes to make sure the fixes don’t break bigger things. In all reality, expect around March next year for most big bugs to be fully fixed.
some of the bugs are very harmful to the gameplay, I tried alot to play, I've tested many things, but at the end I couldnt play, what's the point of the pre order then?

it will happen what happened to the hunter call of the wild, I've discovered a bug in the game that made the sound disappear, making the game unplayable, I've pointed to them were exact it happens (and I wasnt the only one), they took so much time to fix it, that when they fixed it, I lost the will to play the game and put a negative review on steam...

then wait 3 weeks to play the game I was meant to play now is very unnacceptable...
alanarientiziech

deerefarm wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:16 am My two cents. Yes there are bugs in the game and they can and will be fixed. At least Giant's bugs in FS22 are not frying GPU's especially the high end ones that cost as much as a new PC, like a certain game that will remain unnamed. If you follow PC news you will know which game I'm talking about.
mother of god! the harm to the vga is caused by a problem on itself, anything that would bring it to its limits would break it...

and I am not speaking about the bugs themselves, I know that the number of command lines in games nowadays are pretty sick and there will be bugs. but the time they are taking to fix them, is so much time, they already know the bugs, they could fix in 1 week, already gone 10 days and yet nothing on sight! whats the point of pre order then? the game is unplayable or I must build a chicken pen and take care of them until they fix what I need to be fixed to go on?????????????????
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The point of preorder is for people who feel confident enough in the game to purchase. Giants does not obligate anyone to preorder, and they certainly don't give you a discount or special gameplay functionalities (unless you consider the preorder bonus, which is $4USD). So if you preordered, you're either expecting the game to come out really good or get mad about your preorder, or you fully understand that the game will not completely meet your expectations upon release. As has been mentioned multiple times, Giants is compiling all their bug reports and making sure each fix doesn't conflict with the next in order to provide a sound patch. Obviously that patch won't be perfect either, but it'll be a great improvement. Updating a game like Farming Simulator isn't like Minecraft snapshots, you can't update it every day or two because PlayStation and XBox can't update the same way PCs do.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
alanarientiziech

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:40 am The point of preorder is for people who feel confident enough in the game to purchase. Giants does not obligate anyone to preorder, and they certainly don't give you a discount or special gameplay functionalities (unless you consider the preorder bonus, which is $4USD). So if you preordered, you're either expecting the game to come out really good or get mad about your preorder, or you fully understand that the game will not completely meet your expectations upon release. As has been mentioned multiple times, Giants is compiling all their bug reports and making sure each fix doesn't conflict with the next in order to provide a sound patch. Obviously that patch won't be perfect either, but it'll be a great improvement. Updating a game like Farming Simulator isn't like Minecraft snapshots, you can't update it every day or two because PlayStation and XBox can't update the same way PCs do.
man, read what I've wrote from behind.......... I understand games have bugs, but leaving the game unplayable for a minor public is very fair

the great democratic way of the north americans and europeans, everything for them, the leftovers for us, china and russia sends hugs to everyone!
CaseIH Farmer

Post by CaseIH Farmer »

Now you are bringing up completely irrelevant topics since you have been proved completely wrong. Could you at least think of an original excuse?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You tell him to read but continue to complain about the same issue over and over. Is a couple weeks going to really matter when the game is out 2 years from now? I doubt it. Plus I find it funny you say it is unplayable when people are still playing it. There are bugs, everyone knows it, so move on.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Tootall

Post by Tootall »

I've been having the same issues I'll probably get 15 maybe 20 m8ns of gameplay before it just crashes on me and I'm playing on console
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

We still haven´t heard much from Giants about the next patch besides no roadmap or patch before christmas. Even the blog update contains nothing.
fuall

Post by fuall »

I don't understand why people need to go out of their way to try an prove that people who are having problems are not having problems.
Somebody complains about their problem, somebody is always jumping in to disagree.
Instead of waiting around the forum ready to pounce the instant somebody says something negative, you should be off enjoying your wonderful game.

@Dairydeere "To put it simply, I commend Giants for their game release."
If you ordered a red car from a car dealership, and they sent you a blue car with one working headlight, and the trunk wouldn't open, and stalled every five miles, would you commend them as well?
Stop trying to sugar-coat something that shouldn't be sugar-coated.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

bossmanslim wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:33 am My two cents:

1) They can't keep the multiplayer servers up (daily crashing) which are tied to a monthly fee, so that is going to get top priority because that is an unrealized income stream and a no service product is worse than a defective working product.
---snipp---
Except you pay the provider, not Giants.
I don't think they get any monthly payments for dedicated servers.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Noraf wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:09 am
bossmanslim wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:33 am My two cents:

1) They can't keep the multiplayer servers up (daily crashing) which are tied to a monthly fee, so that is going to get top priority because that is an unrealized income stream and a no service product is worse than a defective working product.
---snipp---
Except you pay the provider, not Giants.
I don't think they get any monthly payments for dedicated servers.
The multiplayer issue is not providers but the Giants authentication server.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yes, but you don't pay Giants to play mp.....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Noraf wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:18 am Yes, but you don't pay Giants to play mp.....
You cant even host it yourself without their server working.