"Detach while folding is not allowed!" warning hint.

Totalauk97

"Detach while folding is not allowed!" warning hint.

Post by Totalauk97 »

Hi. If you have a gamepad connected. I have G29 and thrustmaster 16000. It is not important what you have connected.
Go to "Gamepads controls" where you assign buttons etc. Then under "Vehicle".
Make sure this assignment have diffrent buttons assigned to them:

"Tool function 2" = unfolds/folds 1 tool
"Fold all tools" = Unfolds/folds more than 1 tools and the same time

In my case i had assigned the button i usually assign fold/unfold tools too "Fold all tools". But then i got the warning, when i tried to detach a weight. "Fold all tools" will ... fold/unfold ALL tools, even if the tool isn't fold/unfold "worthy" like a weight. or a header from a fold combine, you want to detach. Then you will get this warning. And you are thinking for yourself: "do they test the game before release!!!?" In this case I was the bug in the game.

I like the ability to unfold/fold more than one tool at the same time. And under "Turn on/off all tools" where you can Turn on/off every tool attahed at the same time.
Anyways. I hope to have helped anyone done the same mistake I did.
Kind regards

Decker_MMIV

Re: "Detach while folding is not allowed!" warning hint.

Post by Decker_MMIV »

I do hope you have reported this to GIANTS Software's bug-tracker: https://feedback.giants-software.com/
Information about it at: viewtopic.php?f=964&t=168424

For the bug you mention, I also experienced it, and have made a bug-report with how I could replicate the problem :this: - and it indeed involved the 'Fold all tools' action.

What I do not understand though, is how the developers managed to add a 'foldable' specialization to equipment/implements, that is in no way foldable, like weights and sprayer-front-tanks? :hmm:
unsprung

Post by unsprung »

A tip for PC players that get this problem: You can fix it by editing your savegame.
  • Navigate to the directory of your savegame.
  • Make a backup of vehicles.xml, just in case.
  • Open vehicles.xml is an editor program (eg. Notepad)
  • Locate the vehicle in question with the problem, based on the filename
  • Remove the "<foldable />" xml element from that vehicle. It will likely show something like "<foldable foldAnimTime="0.010000"/>"
  • Save the vehicles.xml file
  • Load/re-load your savegame
Avocado234

Post by Avocado234 »

Hello guys, stated above you do need to remove a line of code for this to function correctly. I was having issues with the HD50 JD header not detaching and giving me that hint. I thought it may have been an issue with the combine so I went and deleted the Foldable line, I saved the file and hopped on. It still did not work, I copy and pasted the previous code back to its original state. I decided to take a second to think about it and realized its most likely the tool/header, I went into the file and deleted the line and it worked, it may depend on if the vehicle is bugged or if the attachment is bugged. Again do make a backup of the tool or vehicle before deleting any line of code.

Thank you!
Gerbrand

Post by Gerbrand »

@Totalauk97 : How can you be the bug since it is allowed to change the key-bindings? (and that isn't the problem - see below)

So I experienced this warning (bug) after assigning the Ctrl-B and Ctrl-V to buttons of my Logitech "Heavy equipment wheel: ... and after editing the vehicle.xml it goes well untill I reconnect the attachment... then it is bugged again.

Question 1: Do I have to delete the Lower-All, Start-All and Unfold-All key assignments to the Logitech ?
Answer: I tried that, but this does not solve the issue.

Question 2: What is causing this <UnfoldAnimTime> of less than 1 to appear in the - previously flawless - vehicles.xml ?
Is it a MOD causing this ? And if so, which one ?
Answer: My main suspect is : AutoDrive V2.0.0.2
see also this Github page : https://github.com/Stephan-S/FS22_AutoDrive/issues/131
So before adjusting vehicle.xml as described above, first make sure you disable this "experimental" Autodrive feature concerning folding implements.

Tested it and sofar this solves the issue.
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

If you get this warning with a trailer or other equipment that doesn't really have a folding feature and you are using Autodrive, you need to do the following.
Within the settings of Autodrive, set Fold Equipment in the last option tab, to no. Otherwise Autodrive wants to fold every kind of equipment that doesn't have this option. Sadly after setting this option to NO, you need to sell your equipment that can't be detached. So make sure you have enough money for this glitch. It will however be fixed within a new version of Autodrive.
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

Gerbrand wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:31 pm Question 2: What is causing this <UnfoldAnimTime> of less than 1 to appear in the - previously flawless - vehicles.xml ?
Is it a MOD causing this ? And if so, which one ?
I see it as being a flaw with the base-game's functionality, so no, it should not be a mod that is the cause ... though maybe some modders may attempt to "patch it" for specific equipment/tools, until GIANTS Software correctly fixes it in their own game's scripts and/or specialization-types.
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

I have seen this and NO autodrive mod.

I did unglitch it by constantly trying to unfold the weight. I eventually got it detached. No problem since - I totally avoid FOLD ALL!
okiemarine

Post by okiemarine »

Having this issue on my Case Maxxum. No matter what I attach to the front, it gives me that message. I don't have a controller keybind for "Fold All", and I don't have Autodrive.
tjmack

Post by tjmack »

unsprung wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:16 am A tip for PC players that get this problem: You can fix it by editing your savegame.
  • Navigate to the directory of your savegame.
  • Make a backup of vehicles.xml, just in case.
  • Open vehicles.xml is an editor program (eg. Notepad)
  • Locate the vehicle in question with the problem, based on the filename
  • Remove the "<foldable />" xml element from that vehicle. It will likely show something like "<foldable foldAnimTime="0.010000"/>"
  • Save the vehicles.xml file
  • Load/re-load your savegame
Thanks man.

I was getting this error with the Bauer FL on the Fendt 724. I do use a gamepad/joystick but had nothing to do with kb and button configs. Your solution of editing the vehicles.xml file did it for me.
Kirmie

Post by Kirmie »

I've found that you don't need to remove the line entirely. Simply changing the foldAnimTime to nothing but zeros does the job.

Edit: Keeping the line is probably less risky since any code expecting that line could end up throwing a null reference exception if it is missing.