A few ideas for a future update

SimulatedFarmer
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:40 am

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by SimulatedFarmer » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:43 pm

Here in Fla., USA, wine is wine, other alcoholic beverages are considered “spirits.” It makes some kind of strange sense here and, maybe, in France.

Illinois Farmer
Posts: 4664
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by Illinois Farmer » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:03 pm

Also on some places you can serve beer and wine without a liquor license. They are treated as separate from each other.
1280 acre farm, finish out just over 6000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.

deerefarm
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by deerefarm » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:45 pm

SimulatedFarmer wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:43 pm
Here in Fla., USA, wine is wine, other alcoholic beverages are considered “spirits.” It makes some kind of strange sense here and, maybe, in France.
Same in Canada, we have Beer and cider, Wine, and Spirits (which some call liquor) but are all considered alcoholic beverages. Beer and wine are sold in most places now, but unlike you lucky guys in FL, Spirits are only sold are government run stores (and fortune tellers). Kind of silly if you ask me but even Quebec who has the most liberal alcohol policy (you can drink at 18) still only sell spirits in government run stores.. *thumbsdown*
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms

DEERE318
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:05 pm

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by DEERE318 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:15 pm

deerefarm wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:45 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:43 pm
Here in Fla., USA, wine is wine, other alcoholic beverages are considered “spirits.” It makes some kind of strange sense here and, maybe, in France.
Same in Canada, we have Beer and cider, Wine, and Spirits (which some call liquor) but are all considered alcoholic beverages. Beer and wine are sold in most places now, but unlike you lucky guys in FL, Spirits are only sold are government run stores (and fortune tellers). Kind of silly if you ask me but even Quebec who has the most liberal alcohol policy (you can drink at 18) still only sell spirits in government run stores.. *thumbsdown*
In Ontario convenience stores can be selected by the Liquor Control Board (LCBO), and allowed to sell liquor if they are rural, and more than 5km from a LCBO store. Very tightly controlled, I guess they don't want any competition.
I typically cross into Quebec to get beer at Costco, which is almost half the price as I'd pay at The Beer Store in Ontario.

deerefarm
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by deerefarm » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 pm

DEERE318 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:15 pm
In Ontario convenience stores can be selected by the Liquor Control Board (LCBO), and allowed to sell liquor if they are rural, and more than 5km from a LCBO store. Very tightly controlled, I guess they don't want any competition.
I typically cross into Quebec to get beer at Costco, which is almost half the price as I'd pay at The Beer Store in Ontario.
Yes Costco does have some pretty good prices on beer in QC. You can't be that far from me if you do that. In my town it's actually the "Home Hardware" that has the beer/liquor license.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms

DEERE318
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:05 pm

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by DEERE318 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:16 am

deerefarm wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 pm
DEERE318 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:15 pm
In Ontario convenience stores can be selected by the Liquor Control Board (LCBO), and allowed to sell liquor if they are rural, and more than 5km from a LCBO store. Very tightly controlled, I guess they don't want any competition.
I typically cross into Quebec to get beer at Costco, which is almost half the price as I'd pay at The Beer Store in Ontario.
Yes Costco does have some pretty good prices on beer in QC. You can't be that far from me if you do that. In my town it's actually the "Home Hardware" that has the beer/liquor license.
If the name of your town sounds like a automobile brand, but isn't spelled the same then yes we're close. I've only seen one Home Hardware selling booze, and it was decorated with a train crossing a bridge.

deerefarm
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by deerefarm » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:21 am

Yes it does sound like an automobile brand and is surrounded by other town with strange names like Moose Creek, not Elm Creek.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms

BreadedVirus
Posts: 1459
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:10 am
Location: here, there everywhere

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by BreadedVirus » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:10 am

Here is an idea for a future update...

FIX THE STUTTERING THAT OCCURS EVERY 60 SECONDS.

No other game i play has this issue.
the big print giveth the small print taketh

deerefarm
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by deerefarm » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:51 am

DEERE318 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:16 am
deerefarm wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 pm
DEERE318 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:15 pm
In Ontario convenience stores can be selected by the Liquor Control Board (LCBO), and allowed to sell liquor if they are rural, and more than 5km from a LCBO store. Very tightly controlled, I guess they don't want any competition.
I typically cross into Quebec to get beer at Costco, which is almost half the price as I'd pay at The Beer Store in Ontario.
Yes Costco does have some pretty good prices on beer in QC. You can't be that far from me if you do that. In my town it's actually the "Home Hardware" that has the beer/liquor license.
If the name of your town sounds like a automobile brand, but isn't spelled the same then yes we're close. I've only seen one Home Hardware selling booze, and it was decorated with a train crossing a bridge.
Haven't been out to the old farm to take a look at it since we sold it. The view from the road is obscured by trees my parents planted year and years ago. Anyway pulled it up on Google Map, and everything it gone except the house and the machinery shed. Should have known the barn was gone when I couldn't see the old silo's from the road anymore.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms

lawm
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by lawm » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:06 am

Has anyone mentioned having ball and pintle hitches working in unison? I get it....a pintle will not connect to a ball unless you have a combo unit in real life. The way it is now, I have to cross my fingers that any future pickup mods will connect.

dwightschrute
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:10 am

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by dwightschrute » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:44 am

I really like the "seedbed" texture that the shallow cultivators and discs give the dirt. It would be nice to have a "seedbed" yield bonus. Doesn't have to be much, just something for incentive besides looks.

Also, make rocks actually cause physical wear on implements, not just paint wear.

It would be nice for rain to have an impact on fieldwork...too muddy and you get stuck. Just enough moisture and the planter/seeder population goes down due to clogged seed chutes (can't think of the specific term for the part).

User avatar
Vfarms
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:38 am

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by Vfarms » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:38 am

deerefarm wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:45 pm
Same where I'm at in North Carolina. Only ABC stores can sell liquor and they are controlled by a governmental commission. It's crazy. We can buy other things at gas stations and grocery stores however.
Ave Maria gratia plena, vigilate super nos, et orate pro nobis.

Caelestis pater, dimitte nobis peccata nostra.

Spiritus sanctus docebit nos.

Jesu, miserere nobis.

Ps4

howey
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by howey » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:39 pm

Personally i would like to see more crop types like Rye & Millet, Carrots and Onions like we saw on some maps on fs19. Then there is also others like Alfalfa, Lentil and even hemp as correct me if i'm wrong but it a good source of fibre material these days?

And also more chain productions to suit.

Post Reply