170 Hours and It's Over

lawm
Posts: 1314
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by lawm » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:06 pm

And I came out and admitted to Mwal not long after.....and then like adults we sorted our differences. I was new. Mwal was tired of me complaining about mods and we butted heads. I realize me acting like a child on a forum isnt getting mods quicker. You just took part of what I did to suit your will. Then left out the aspect that actually requires you to do something that requires effort.

DEERE318
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:05 pm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by DEERE318 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 pm

lawm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:06 pm
And I came out and admitted to Mwal not long after.....and then like adults we sorted our differences. I was new. Mwal was tired of me complaining about mods and we butted heads. I realize me acting like a child on a forum isnt getting mods quicker. You just took part of what I did to suit your will. Then left out the aspect that actually requires you to do something that requires effort.
Ok fine, check the link I shared with Illinois Farmer a couple post back, and you'll see where this began. Just try not to cherry pick like he did.
He likes to say it was my fault. I just say he wouldn't give up, I mean, he's resorted to taking screenshots of my messages.

User avatar
hun3
Posts: 698
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:43 am

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by hun3 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:21 pm

I think the devs doing their best with the engine that is just simply outdated. This engine capability is maxed out so unless they use a new the game wont see drastic improvements.

This is just my assumption. I'm no expert.

Illinois Farmer
Posts: 4666
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by Illinois Farmer » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:34 pm

DEERE318 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 pm
Ok fine, check the link I shared with Illinois Farmer a couple post back, and you'll see where this began. Just try not to cherry pick like he did.
He likes to say it was my fault. I just say he wouldn't give up, I mean, he's resorted to taking screenshots of my messages.
And yet you keep bringing my name up, when I'm not even talking to you. Also you blame giants and I proved you were wrong 3 years ago, so time for you to move on. Also I screenshot your message so I could send it to Chris to get it cleared up quicker, because what you said was childish, ridiculous, cross a line, and homophobic. Therefore, grow up and move on.
1280 acre farm, finish out just over 6000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.

Fordimus
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:04 pm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by Fordimus » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:36 pm

lawm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:06 pm
And I came out and admitted to Mwal not long after.....and then like adults we sorted our differences. I was new. Mwal was tired of me complaining about mods and we butted heads. I realize me acting like a child on a forum isnt getting mods quicker. You just took part of what I did to suit your will. Then left out the aspect that actually requires you to do something that requires effort.
I'm not taking sides here. But you can't complain about someone trolling or anything. I read this, clicked a different post, and I see you being a troll/rude to someone else. Something about throwing stones in a glass house?

lawm
Posts: 1314
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by lawm » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:37 pm

hun3 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:21 pm
I think the devs doing their best with the engine that is just simply outdated. This engine capability is maxed out so unless they use a new the game wont see drastic improvements.

This is just my assumption. I'm no expert.
Also the fact that this is cross generational on consoles isnt helping lol

lawm
Posts: 1314
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by lawm » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:39 pm

Fordimus wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:36 pm
lawm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:06 pm
And I came out and admitted to Mwal not long after.....and then like adults we sorted our differences. I was new. Mwal was tired of me complaining about mods and we butted heads. I realize me acting like a child on a forum isnt getting mods quicker. You just took part of what I did to suit your will. Then left out the aspect that actually requires you to do something that requires effort.
I'm not taking sides here. But you can't complain about someone trolling or anything. I read this, clicked a different post, and I see you being a troll/rude to someone else. Something about throwing stones in a glass house?
Someone today or in the past? Adhd?

User avatar
PrincessJessi84
Posts: 2696
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:03 am
Contact:

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by PrincessJessi84 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:00 pm

Why can't people just agree to disagree.. it seems like everyone who "should" have a say in this argument, has taken their say and the respective parties know where the other stands. The mature thing at this point is to move along. I know its the internet but does everyone have to fight just because they can? What else can be accomplished from continuing other than trying to irritate the other party? I have had a row with a couple users on here but once it's over, it's over. Who cares about who said what and whose wittle butt got hurt over it. Your skin seriously isn't thick enough to take a shot from someone on the internet, say your piece and move on? I mean... my mom is seriously sick and almost dead in the hospital right now and if any of you need, we can sit down and have a good cry session.... it would certainly make me feel better to not be crying alone!

As to the 170 hours and over thing.. That honestly makes me sad for everyone who feels that way. Not because there is anything wrong with feeling that way but because I wish you were enjoying the game as much as some of us seem to be. I get it. But still, you know?! I am at close to 600 hours and even tho I have had to take more of a break lately, I feel like I am just getting warmed up. If I could share some of my enthusiasm about the game, I seriously would.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick

User avatar
StoneTheCrows
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:01 pm
Location: North Yorkshire UK

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by StoneTheCrows » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:10 pm

PrincessJessi84 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:00 pm
Why can't people just agree to disagree..
Yes. Perhaps they just need the full 170 hours.

User avatar
StoneTheCrows
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:01 pm
Location: North Yorkshire UK

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by StoneTheCrows » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:41 pm

ipodule wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:10 am
...

The game has no atmosphere, no life, no world that you play in. Driving around working your farm, there are no other farmers, you can't have traffic turned on because they're stupid and just get in the way, the people are a joke, they just pop in and wander about like zombies. Own a store or a shop? Why? No people come to it, the doors are closed and the lights are off... so why have it?

...
I did 180 hours on Haut before i needed to take a break to play another game. Now I've just spent some 20 hours finishing off the Platinum trophy on PS4. Prior to that I hadn't even looked at the other maps.

I used the Elm Creek map to complete the contract trophies and the arable trophies. I have to say I really liked the map. It is full of interesting places and lots of closely observed detail. The sorts of things that inspire you to come back and start another role play farm.

It would be nice if the towns had the level of detail and the feeling of everyday life being lived that you get in, say, an Assassin's Creed map. But on the other hand the connection you make with a map is very personal and depends a lot on what your own imagination fills in.

Also agree with some of the things the OP says about the glitches. They can break the immersion. I was just reading through the thread on the Calmsden map - it makes you realise how little things can sometimes spoil it for people. (Also glad that the issues were sorted out for the OP by the ever helpful community)

I have to take breaks from a game. But I have to say FS is one of the very few games I return to, time after time. And for me 22 is good enough to do that.

User avatar
Yeahrightio
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:50 pm
Location: Central NSW, Australia

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by Yeahrightio » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:23 pm

lawm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:37 pm
hun3 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:21 pm
I think the devs doing their best with the engine that is just simply outdated. This engine capability is maxed out so unless they use a new the game wont see drastic improvements.

This is just my assumption. I'm no expert.
Also the fact that this is cross generational on consoles isnt helping lol
Yeah I think console players like me on my old Xbox one S are dragging other players down with systems like mine haha 😆, although I think the game does go alright for some now dated hardware I use to run it on 👍
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

Back to Britain on FS22, Calmsden Farm.
- Zetor Crystal 170
- Valmet 8750
- Massey Ferguson 3670
- New Holland CH 7.70

Located in the heart of Gloustershire, the farm focuses on cereals and milk products, along with occasional grass and contract work.

DEERE318
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:05 pm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by DEERE318 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:35 pm

Illinois Farmer wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:34 pm
DEERE318 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 pm
Ok fine, check the link I shared with Illinois Farmer a couple post back, and you'll see where this began. Just try not to cherry pick like he did.
He likes to say it was my fault. I just say he wouldn't give up, I mean, he's resorted to taking screenshots of my messages.
And yet you keep bringing my name up, when I'm not even talking to you. Also you blame giants and I proved you were wrong 3 years ago, so time for you to move on. Also I screenshot your message so I could send it to Chris to get it cleared up quicker, because what you said was childish, ridiculous, cross a line, and homophobic. Therefore, grow up and move on.
Ok fine, you can have the win.
lawm can have the win too.
I'll be nice from here on.
Princess has successfully mediated.

User avatar
this_is_gav
Posts: 1737
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by this_is_gav » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:13 pm

hun3 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:21 pm
I think the devs doing their best with the engine that is just simply outdated. This engine capability is maxed out so unless they use a new the game wont see drastic improvements.

This is just my assumption. I'm no expert.
If that was the case then FS22 wouldn't have had the not-insignificant features they brought to it, features which will continue to be reaped in future games. Granted currently it's hardly perfect with some stuttering, particularly on Xbox Series X/S, showing improvements need to be made (and 1.2 seemed to make it worse for some on PC too), but the graphics and engine have had a major bump up compared to previous games (arguably the biggest bump in quality in the series' history).

That said, GIANTS are currently advertising for a (relatively junior) programmer with experience of the Unity Engine, which could be interpreted in several ways, from using Unity or aspects of it for the mobile game, for creating modding tools (eg GE) or (very unlikely) for exploring it as an engine for future versions of the game - I can't see them using Unity for the main game personally. It would be a heck of a change for GIANTS to move to a whole new engine, and if done poorly could be more steps back than forward, but I think it's fair to say they're open minded enough to at least explore the merits of one to some degree (or poaching ideas) if they're advertising for people with experience of the engine.

GIANTS engine isn't the limitation - the possibilities are endless - the limitation is the system or abilities of those tasked with evolving it - and as I've said numerous times, they've had senior programming jobs advertised for as long as I can remember, but for whatever reason are unable to fill them.



As for those continuing to pull each other's pigtails, if you've been around as long as you claim then you ought to know better. It's bordering on arguing with each other out of boredom because others are refusing to join in, making all of you look like fools.

Mwal
Posts: 3021
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by Mwal » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:20 pm

Just throwing this out there seeing how RDR2 was already brought up here but according to google the average play time to complete the story is 50 hours and the time for 100% completion is….. drum roll please…. 172 hours haha. So when you consider getting 170 hours or more out of the game and being done with it for a while isn’t really that awful. A few other notable AAA games and other games similar to farm sim are as follows, skyrim 34 hours for main quest line, 200ish for a completion style play through. GTA 5 is 32 hours for the main story 80 for a completion play through. Fallout 4 is 30 hours for main story, 160 for 100% completion. Snow runner is about 90 hours for the story, completionists are around 190. Stardew valley is 54 hours to complete the main story and 150 hours for 100% completion. Ets 2 is around 100 hours average for all play styles. ATS is around 75 for all styles. Fs19 all style average is 225 hours. All styles average for Fs17 is 160.

lawm
Posts: 1314
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by lawm » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:39 pm

Yeahrightio wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:23 pm
lawm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:37 pm
hun3 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:21 pm
I think the devs doing their best with the engine that is just simply outdated. This engine capability is maxed out so unless they use a new the game wont see drastic improvements.

This is just my assumption. I'm no expert.
Also the fact that this is cross generational on consoles isnt helping lol
Yeah I think console players like me on my old Xbox one S are dragging other players down with systems like mine haha 😆, although I think the game does go alright for some now dated hardware I use to run it on 👍
Yes the game does fine from my perspective....on my outdated PS4 lol

Post Reply