Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Honkyfarmer_v1010

Re: Mods In Testing - Fan Discussion

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

I'm aware the process breakdown. My question was do they try and search out a list of issues before kicking back to modder or once an issue arises does that immediately end testing and the send back? To me its counter productive not seeking out "ALL" known issues before sending back. Otherwise if a mods submitted with say 3 errors it could take 3 submissions before release if they cancel test as soon as 1 is found.

I'm not mad bitter or pi** off. Just nosey. Havent played in a few weeks. Lookin for a reason to wanna play some when I get home lol
FTF
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I think once they find an error they fail it and send it back. Maybe each tester does it differently though.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:47 pm I think once they find an error they fail it and send it back. Maybe each tester does it differently though.
I've seen with 82studio's (as he likes just to openly share everything) that they just send it back with everything they found on it for him to fix.

But like you said, that might depend on the tester.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Is what it is . More tally marks for PC lol
FTF
MrMarcel5
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by MrMarcel5 »

Hey, seen your discussion.

Not based on any particular mod.
In general, the mods are not directly sent back after a minor error has been found.
The test continues through the whole procedure, exception here would be if there are very obvious issues like various errors in the log / testrunner; here the testing team would reject the mod with the recommendation for the modder to test their mod in general, Including what has been found until then / besides those issues.

Even if the test continues through and everything is reported in the modreport, it's not uncommon for errors to be fixed in an "rushed" / untested manner; resulting to new / different issues.
Leading to another (or another ...) round of modhub testing / certification.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

MrMarcel5 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:58 pm Hey, seen your discussion.

Thanks much for the info! I always wondered outside of the general process how mods got passed. Admittedly I'm an impatient character but knowing more about the process helps quell those times I wait for a mod I'm looking forward to.
FTF
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I’m guessing, very much like we have seen in game, fixing one error can easily cause completely unrelated errors. Like incredibly loud animals inside tractors 😆
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:41 pm I’m guessing, very much like we have seen in game, fixing one error can easily cause completely unrelated errors. Like incredibly loud animals inside tractors 😆
Oh I'm so happy that I don't have to experience that anymore! Damn! I still got nightmares about that lol.

I can't count the numbers I had to clean my desk up after I spilled a coffee or another drink after the heart attack the game gave me😱 I even had to buy new headphones after the cord got ripped off. Got a wireless now lol🤣
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Like MrMarcel5 said, the mod are usually tested thoroughly even after the tester finds an issue. That would be extremely inefficient if they rejected the mod each time they spotted a singular error, especially since the wait time is about a week or so on business hours. However, in my experience sending mods through the ModHub, they found a batch of problems, sent it back to me, then I send it back to the ModHub testing and they'll find another set of problems. For me, it's taken 2 submissions to sort the problems out, and then after that it's nitpicking at ModHub guidelines and fine details. Just my experience though, I only have one mod on the hub and another in its second shot of testing.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Bloomfield map looks intriguing. Might have to try it out
FTF
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

MrMarcel5 is pretty awesome to comment in the thread. Thank you.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Honkyfarmer_v1010

It's nice having someone who knows chime in as opposed to hoards of dont knows speculating lol.
FTF
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

So apparently I made a thread about requesting someone mod an existing in game forage header to allow for hay pickup and it got deleted or moved without a word from Giants. Thanks for that, by the way. At the very least a notification as to why or where. I didn't flame or ask anything illegal that I knew about. Also, if you are going to delete this post or whatever, can you at least give me a reason? Thank You in advance for leaving it or giving me a reason why it was deleted. Anyways.

Can someone edit or does anyone know of any mods coming down the pipeline for Forage Harvesters to pick up hay and not grass. I figured Someone could ( I made a thread requesting this ) take the in game forage harvester heads( the grass pickup heads - not corn/maize) and make them accept grass and submit them to the modhub for Console. Kind of like the same thing "height control" mod for all the in-game forage headers but instead of that, modding the headers to accept hay. Is it a no-no to modify in game things? I thought only DLC's were off limits. But if the in-game stuff is off limits, I'm curious as to how the "Height control" and "field creator" mods are legal.

Thanks For reading this if you did. Even bigger thanks if you can help in some way make this happen for console.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:47 pm So apparently I made a thread about requesting someone mod an existing in game forage header to allow for hay pickup and it got deleted or moved without a word from Giants. Thanks for that, by the way. At the very least a notification as to why or where. I didn't flame or ask anything illegal that I knew about. Also, if you are going to delete this post or whatever, can you at least give me a reason? Thank You in advance for leaving it or giving me a reason why it was deleted. Anyways.
Your thread did not get deleted, I just moved it to a more appropriate location in the forum: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=192972&p=1521435#p1521435

If I move a thread I put a note in it about why it was moved but I don't actively notify users about every thread that gets moved because this would be far to time consuming.

And btw. you can always get an overview of all your posts via the following link: search.php?search_id=egosearch

There you would have seen that your thread is still there, just in a another section of the forum.

So next time please do a bit more research before starting to make accusations against GIANTS or the moderators/admins of the forum.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
donnyh83

Post by donnyh83 »

The Welker Farms map is in PC testing.