What just happened!

LittleWatt

What just happened!

Post by LittleWatt »

I haven’t encountered any bugs to speak of in FS22. I’ve had some CTDs with Southern Cross Station, which could be mod conflicts, and some texture issues on that map, but not any weird bugs. Some issues with Precision Farming, I guess could be categorized as bugs.

Until now. On Haut Beyleron, field 39, I’m collecting bales and my tractor just takes off. The camera stays put, but the tractor leaves my control. No brakes, no steering, no nothing. A ferocious crash is imminent. So, I baled out and the tractor stopped. I immediately saved the game. Didn’t want all that work flushed.
CoreyTr

Re: What just happened!

Post by CoreyTr »

Every second sentence contradicts the previous.
"I haven't encountered any bugs to speak of in FS22". Then you go on to "speak of" several bugs you've encountered in FS22.

"some CTDs" are weird bugs since they're not supposed to happen. Texture issues must result in weird visuals. Bugs with Precision Farming are bugs, and bugs are generally weird.
Sorry, I don't mean to pick, but I found your comment to be funny. The game is very buggy considering it's age. There's no doubt about it.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Yeah, I see that now. Too many’s thoughts spilling out at the same time. Then something else pops up and I edit it in and don’t rewrite the entire post. I don’t know if the CTDs are mod conflicts. If they are, I wouldn’t consider that a bug. And something underdeveloped like Precision Farming doesn’t feel like a bug either. Feels more like lack of development. As recipients of games in today’s market, it’s fairly common to be saddled with underdeveloped products. Sell now, fix later kind of garbage. But like a tractor just going all Christine on me, not a bug I’ve encountered before today. Then again, I’ve only had the game a month.

I guess if I broke down and nitpicked, as you say, I would find lots of bugs. Maybe even find some in my own post.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

I hear you, and I really like your reference to Christine. All we need is for the game to go all Christine on us, and fix itself. The devs seem to be taking their sweet time.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

If I recall correctly, every time Christine repaired herself the would be A Bad Moon Arisin. I’m not sure I want the game to take the self repair approach.