Seeding issue after sugar beet harvest

RODHA

Seeding issue after sugar beet harvest

Post by RODHA »

I'm having a very strange issue with seeding right after the sugar beet harvest. This has been happening in all the maps I have played on since one of the updates. As sugar beet is not a crop that I plant a lot I couldn't pin point when this started.

If I try to seed any crop on a field after harvesting the sugar beet I get patches of unseeded soil. Even if I use a direct drill it just doesn't put seed in some sections of the field. Sometimes the patches are very small, sometimes they are quite big. And the crop doesn't grow on those patches.

The only fix I have at the moment is plowing the field after sugar beet harvest. Not with a cultivator that can give you the plowed state though. With an actual chisel plow or a furrow plow.

Anyone else having the same issue?
PS5 / FS22
Dogface

Re: Seeding issue after sugar beet harvest

Post by Dogface »

I tried to replicate on my map. harvest beets > cultivate > plant seed (wheat corn). no unplanted patches.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Dogface wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:43 pm I tried to replicate on my map. harvest beets > cultivate > plant seed (wheat corn). no unplanted patches.
Thanks for the test mate :hi: Then it is a mod conflict. I suspect precision farming. Do you use it?
PS5 / FS22
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I do have precision farming loaded, I am not sure about the map I tested. I will look.
UPDATE: Yes, Precision Farming was running, but it was not running when the field was planted.

Troubleshooting test:
plow and then plant beets, harvest and then cultivate and see if the same patches occur. I am curious if it is a one-time problem or a constant problem. In the savegame or in the game.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Sugar beets require plowing after harvest unless you have plowing turned off, this might be the issue
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Dogface wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:21 pm I do have precision farming loaded, I am not sure about the map I tested. I will look.
UPDATE: Yes, Precision Farming was running, but it was not running when the field was planted.

Troubleshooting test:
plow and then plant beets, harvest and then cultivate and see if the same patches occur. I am curious if it is a one-time problem or a constant problem. In the savegame or in the game.
Thanks again mate :hi: I'll try after this harvest.
Decriptus wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:30 pm Sugar beets require plowing after harvest unless you have plowing turned off, this might be the issue
It might really be that simple. I'm so used to the PF and its requirements over the base game so I had completely forgotten that this was a thing with the base game :hi:
PS5 / FS22
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

It does it with potatoes as well. But I didn’t have issues planting. I did plow after harvest though.