Console mods

Drmattymd

Re: Console mods

Post by Drmattymd »

Bobble2020 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:26 pm The thing with console mods is they also have to go through the system with Sony and Microsoft as well as Giants so it takes longer for them abd possibly more chance of failing
This is incorrect, Sony and Microsoft do not test mods, all mod testing is done by Giants.
Playing on PC and PS4
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

eric21 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:18 pm
dirt88 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:00 pm
Bobble2020 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:26 pm The thing with console mods is they also have to go through the system with Sony and Microsoft as well as Giants so it takes longer for them abd possibly more chance of failing
then how do you explain why they let certain modders constantly release buggy mods but over modders have to constantly fight to even find out why it can't be on console i.e. iowa plans
There was a few bugs with that map and other things, problem was modders get too much pressure who say "I want it now"
They dont rush mods because someone says " I want it now" on the interwebs lol
FTF
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I would much rather have 1 or 2 quality mods than 15 buggy mods. Maps are my main concern. Way to many maps are not getting tested properly. It's gotten to the point where I won't download a map until it's in the modhub for a week
Honkyfarmer_v1010

What's the definition of an" quality mod"? If it's only no bugs I'd agree, but some ppl are much more texture etc snobby than myself
FTF
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:29 pm What's the definition of an" quality mod"? If it's only no bugs I'd agree, but some ppl are much more texture etc snobby than myself
Mods that work as intended and improve my farming experience. I'm not to big on texture as I'm old with fading eyesight lol. As long as the mod works I'm good to go
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Decriptus wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:33 pm
Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:29 pm What's the definition of an" quality mod"? If it's only no bugs I'd agree, but some ppl are much more texture etc snobby than myself
Mods that work as intended and improve my farming experience. I'm not to big on texture as I'm old with fading eyesight lol. As long as the mod works I'm good to go
Just curious. I've heard some ppl say that (example modder) has poor quality mods or Giants makes superior mods. I'm one that doesnt care. As long as it looks like it fits the game visually and works that's good enough for me. Dont get me wrong I sae some shoddy looking mods in 19, not many and I wont name the one that stuck out the most, but it worked and I didnt gripe. Anyway, yes I agree with your point then. Mods need to work as intended for sure
FTF
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I would like to point out that Quality and Quantity are conflicting objectives. If you only want higher quality mods then you will have less mods.
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

@Dogface

Your statement is not necessarily true, my team and I have the most buildings sites done every year, for the last five years straight, compared to all the other teams, and every site is finished A to Z, we don't have to come back to fix stuff, compared to other teams.

So Quality and Quantity can go hand in hand, it depends on the implication and rigour of the people that do the job.
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Dan279 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:34 pm @Dogface

Your statement is not necessarily true, my team and I have the most buildings sites done every year, for the last five years straight, compared to all the other teams, and every site is finished A to Z, we don't have to come back to fix stuff, compared to other teams.

So Quality and Quantity can go hand in hand, it depends on the implication and rigour of the people that do the job.
Hi Dan279. What you say is true. But you are talking about the output of a team. You control the organization, management and support of the team (good job btw). Mods are made independently by individuals. And Giants then decides which mods are approved. If they lower the quality standards, more mods get through, if they raise the standards less mods get through.

I can envision a world where modders get the kind of support that your team gets from you, but we do not live in that world.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Modders most definitely work in teams, I’m not sure what you’re getting at. Some have way more free time then others so a measurement based purely on quantity vs quality doesn’t necessarily tell you anything. A good half of the complaints you see on places like this are likely mod conflicts and another chunk are people pushing their hardware to the limits. Then there’s some more from the disconnect and inability for the modders to actually test on console. The point is the pool that’s affected by testing for some of the issues here is likely pretty tiny and is most likely caused by the popularity of the game and people trying their hand at modding and being inexperienced but without people like that the games future would be pretty bleak so it’s best to test your mods and if they don’t work properly rate them accordingly, report it to the author if you feel ambitious, and then move on.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Modders most definitely work in teams
Not strictly true, when creating a map for instance each team member is given/selects their own task and creates the item(s) accordingly which means each team member is responsible for the quality of his own work.
Furthermore I know of several modders who do not work in a team, prefering to have full control over their work
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

UncleRico wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:49 pm Modders most definitely work in teams, I’m not sure what you’re getting at. Some have way more free time then others so a measurement based purely on quantity vs quality doesn’t necessarily tell you anything. A good half of the complaints you see on places like this are likely mod conflicts and another chunk are people pushing their hardware to the limits. Then there’s some more from the disconnect and inability for the modders to actually test on console. The point is the pool that’s affected by testing for some of the issues here is likely pretty tiny and is most likely caused by the popularity of the game and people trying their hand at modding and being inexperienced but without people like that the games future would be pretty bleak so it’s best to test your mods and if they don’t work properly rate them accordingly, report it to the author if you feel ambitious, and then move on.
differently not I work fully on my own and quite happy doing it.
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

That’s nice, do you guys want some cookies? My last post was very clearly a response to the post above it and the ongoing conversation above that. I never said they only worked in teams only that they do in response to the post above
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Conflicts between mods are solely the responsibility of the End User. If every mod were tested against every other mod, they would all still be in testing.

There definitely should be a better way to report bugs to the Author.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

As has been said and proposed several times before ,
When a mod is added to the ModHUb a bug report Topic should be automatically created in the ModHub Bug Reports section so that every knows where to report any problems with the mod, not hidden away in gitHub,Facebook,Twitter etc like some modders do.