Bad AI algorithm or is the ROSTSELMASH RSM 2375 glitchy?

Helazak

Bad AI algorithm or is the ROSTSELMASH RSM 2375 glitchy?

Post by Helazak »

After doing quite a bit of cost benefit analysis I decided the ROSTSELMASH RSM 2375 was the large tractor for me. 375 horses 12.5 ton to handle heavy trailers, basic model comes with front and back double wide tires for better traction, a bit slow but a great deal for $217. And low and behold guess what showed up in the used equipment store at a 56% discount! It was mine and I was happy.

It is harder to steer because it has a hinge between the front and back half which is slow to respond which means you tend to over steer, but its manageable. But then there is the Autopilot. The AI does not like this tractor. With most tractors, when you first engage the AI to tell it to drive to a point on the map, the AI takes a bit to think over which roads to take to get there. Sometimes you can see the front tires move back and forth as it decides which way to go for its first turn. This tractor does not have wheel steering so instead of the tires moving the entire cab moves. And since the window if fixed to the cab that means the entire screen shudders back and forth while the AI is thinking. That is annoying but not that bad. But getting from point A to point B is more of a problem.

Generally speaking, periodically the AI goes off the rails and sends a tractor into the weeds. But the AI seems not to like double tire tractors. I am constantly having to get my tractors unstuck because they have hit a car or bridge rails with the wide tires. I have stopped using double tires because of it. But, one day while driving home from dropping of grain at the farmers market my Rostselmash decided to drive off the side of a bridge into a river. But, because it was hauling a long trailer it didn't fall in but was dangling in mid air off the side. (I wish I had taken a screen shot.) I tried to detach the trailer so it would fall, but, it didn't fall. That was the last straw, I had had enough. It wasn't worth the headache. I sold the Rostselmash.

So what is the root cause of the problem? Does the AI have this problem with all very wide vehicles? Am I forced to avoid buying them because of a glitch AI or is it just this particular tractor that the AI is having problems with?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Noraf

Re: Bad AI algorithm or is the ROSTSELMASH RSM 2375 glitchy?

Post by Noraf »

Ai isn't found of articulated vehicles.
And, the with can be a problem even when it isn't articulated, as they still have to navigate the streets.

If the vehicle takes up more than one line on the road, drive it yourself....

Or select more appropriate equipment for the environment you're operating in 😎
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Helpers and AI for articulated vehicles are terrible, I've tested every base game articulated tractor and they all have the same problems, 10+ years into the franchise and they are actually worse than they were in FS13, I actually tested a base game articulated tractor and plow in both games this week on a small rectangular field. FS13 the helper plowed the whole field no problem. FS22 the helper made one pass then when turning would just randomly start reversing in bigger and bigger circles until it crashed into something.
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

And that is the reason I used AI helpers less and less since FS13.

If I can't do it, and my wife, or her mother in laws, sister in law or our neices can't do it, then it don't get done until I come back, with more patience, and do it (i.e. youngest niece and her potato crop on Griffin, took 5 of us 3 days, over new years, to finally get it knocked out)
Haven't even messed with the AI since FS17 and the whole family got in on it with FS19 and now FS22 lol
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:23 pm And that is the reason I used AI helpers less and less since FS13.

If I can't do it, and my wife, or her mother in laws, sister in law or our neices can't do it, then it don't get done until I come back, with more patience, and do it (i.e. youngest niece and her potato crop on Griffin, took 5 of us 3 days, over new years, to finally get it knocked out)
Haven't even messed with the AI since FS17 and the whole family got in on it with FS19 and now FS22 lol
That is so cool you have your entire family playing. Most of my experience with FS is with the iPhone version. iFS16 was amazing AI worked predictably well. I can get 15 helpers working the different fields and my job is manage each helpers next task. iFS20 took away a lot of helpers. It only permits a total of 6 simultaneous helpers, the Loader wagons no longer have helpers, and I can't tell people to go to map locations. I am currently working on how fast I can own every field and get 10M in the bank.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder