Farming Simulator 19 : Dedicated Server

superfunk

Re: Farming Simulator 19 : Dedicated Server

Post by superfunk »

I agree with coolfarmer, requiring a license to run a headless dedicated server of a game is just wrong and greedy.

People running dedicated servers spend time and hardware resources on making the game enjoyable for others. As a thank you they get charged. It's just ridiculous. No other game does this.
Francesco59

Post by Francesco59 »

Ich betreibe seit Jahren einen Rootserver aus dem Angebot der Fa.Keyweb um damit alle meine privaten Dedicated Server unterschiedlichster Spiele zu hosten - und keines dieser Spiele musste ich 2x bezahlen und kaufen.

Probleme mit Dedi-Server von Giants gab es bisher immer in Zusammenhang mit der Serie von Farming Simulator und der Verdacht liegt nahe, sich mit einer weiteren Lizenz ein erträgliches Zusatzeinkommen zu sichern

Diesmal werde ich anders reagieren und keine weitere Lizenz kaufen und es wird Giants egal sein, denn wichtig ist, das ich schon eine gekauft habe und niemand wird interessieren, ob ich diese Lizenz spiele oder nicht - sie ist bezahlt!

Der Vorteil für mich ist, es gibt viele Alternativen über Steam, die allesamt in seriöser Art und Weise auch kostenfreie Dedicated Server Software anbieten.

Mehr muss man nicht wissen zu Giants!
****************************************************************************************************************************

I've been running a root server from the Keyweb website for years to host all of my private dedicated server servers - and I did not have to pay or buy any of those games twice.

Problems with Dedi server from Giants have always been in connection with the series of Farming Simulator and the suspicion is obvious, with another license to secure a bearable additional income

This time I will react differently and buy no further license and it will be no matter Giants, because it is important that I have already bought one and no one will care if I play this license or not - it is paid!

The advantage for me is, there are many alternatives on Steam, all of which offer in a serious way and free Dedicated Server Software.

You do not have to know more about Giants!

best regards :hi:
ZhivGaming

Post by ZhivGaming »

Ok. I did confirm that running the dedicated server EXE (in the actual games folder) does require a second license, as showing in this screenshot of the admin panel. Image
MBlazerGuy

Post by MBlazerGuy »

After playing for awhile, this game is just the same old thing, with poor graphics options (for those having high end PC's).

And we need to pay double, just to enjoy off-line growing.

I'm embarrassed to have fallen for this again. A game that could offer so much, yet screws us so consistently.
Hopefully, some day, another company that can do it right, and make a farming simulator worth playing.
That, I would pay for.
But not this sh!t...
Doug
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Well, I’m not entirely surprised. But, I’m still disappointed.

Would it kill them to let one run a dedicated server without another license, but restrict it to only connections from the same subnet, or only from Private IP ranges? (That would certainly work for me.)
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I think it's just a money grab.
I was baffled when I learned how their dedicated server works.
CaptJascSparo

Post by CaptJascSparo »

I dont understand.

If Ford gave away a free coffee mug with every truck would you expect Chevy and Doge to also? Cause if so, you should buy a Tesla! This is a game, you paid for it, it comes with X, Y, and Z and to get any other letters, you pay what the seller says the price is or GO BUY A TESLA! I wonder if Elon Musk will ever make "Tesla Tractors"?
BC2019

Post by BC2019 »

CaptJascSparo wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:15 pm I dont understand.

If Ford gave away a free coffee mug with every truck would you expect Chevy and Doge to also? Cause if so, you should buy a Tesla! This is a game, you paid for it, it comes with X, Y, and Z and to get any other letters, you pay what the seller says the price is or GO BUY A TESLA! I wonder if Elon Musk will ever make "Tesla Tractors"?
You forgot another valid option. Don't buy a second copy and don't run a server. Chevy can have their coffee cup because I'm not paying the price of a truck for a coffee cup. A server is coffee cup. It's not a game that you play. So you go right ahead and pay the price of a new Chevy truck for that coffee cup but I'm not going to.