Mercury Farms by Alien Jim (Official Topic)

duncan_101

Re: Mercury Farms by Alien Jim (Official Topic)

Post by duncan_101 »

It's tiny and not really good for crops since no tractor can actually maneuver there.

You could fuse it with other fields but then you get an odd shape.
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Oh thought it was some bug with it...thanx
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

I got a square field with ten. 7,8,9,10,12,13,and 14,
PS4
PS5
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Thats a possibility.

But I myself don't like huge fields. Hence I only combine 2 or 3 at the most.

I also don't own 12 and 13 (yet)
On an Asus RoG laptop.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

"I appreciate the time, effort and intelligence it takes to make your own map. I also say good job to Jim and thank you for making a map players on both pc and console can have as an option I have to give negative feedback. I do not enjoy this map and actually find it very irritating. It is not like a real farm. Farmers do no create fields that small just to have trails and bushes between them. They use every bit of land they have to plant seed and grow crops for money. Why don’t map makers get this? They put so much effort in to making a map look a certain way when a real farm is actually very simple. Use as much land as possible for fields and a place for storage. That’s it. Very simple concept."

From Britain Express:
"Hedges have been used as field boundaries in England since the time of the Romans. The Anglo-Saxons used hedgerows extensively, and many that were used as estate boundaries still exist. Although these early hedges were used as field enclosures or to mark the boundaries of one person's property, there was no systematic planting of hedges in England until the first enclosure movement of the 13th century. Farming expansion in the 15th century led to more widespread hedge planting, but the greatest use of hedges came in the Enclosure Movement of the 18th and 19th centuries. The Enclosure Movement is a fancy term that historians use to describe the habit of wealthy landowners enclosing common fields for their own use, usually for the purpose of raising sheep. So great was the need for hedges during the Enclosures, that a whole new industry sprang up supplying hawthorn plants to be used in planting new hedges. In the process of enclosure many rural labourers lost their livelihood and had to move to the new industrial centres."

It's one thing not to enjoy maneuvering around hedges, or eliminating them in the case of Mercury Farms courtesy of the map designer, but it's another thing entirely to say that real farmers do not have trails and bushes between their fields. Real farmers in England have hedges. I myself am not in love with field hedges, but real farms over there have them. They use as much of their land as possible, but that does not include knocking out all the hedges. We know how big American farm corporations have acres and acres of open land, but it's different in some other parts of the world.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Lol yeah here we mostly have ditches
Serves 2 purposes even
Keeps the cattle in the field and our feet dry.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

FarmerJeff wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:06 pmWe know how big American farm corporations have acres and acres of open land...
And to add to the mix, having hundreds, even thousands of acers of open land has its own demonic problems. Especially if you work the same crop over and over again for years.
Agricultre in its own nature is already a disaster for the immediate natural environment and huge open fields just make things worse. So, as far as I'm aware having a European style (generally speaking) farm land with forests, ponds, hedges and all the additional natural ingeredients both looks better and acts better on the environment.
PS5 / FS22
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

RODHA wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:31 pm
Hey if you talk to alien Jim, make sure he knows he's a rockstar..that update made my day.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Im having a problem refilling the kuhn deltis 1302 from Jims fert and herbicide refilling stations. Not sure if its related to kuhn equipment or not but i don't have a trigger. Not asking for fix as im sure jim is really busy just a observation.
Last edited by livesea72 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
pcdoc

Post by pcdoc »

There's a few that wouldn't like farming in Derbyshire then, with all them there dry stone wall boundries. Here in the UK some have removed hedges and the result, wildlife lost their habitat, its the same with all these barns being turned into flashy expensive houses, barn owls lost there habitat, so, alot to be said for not having fields the size of Luxembourg. Thee keep making thi' english farms Jim, I for one really look forward to'em.
Brogo83

Post by Brogo83 »

I like this map and enjoy all the cool features!

There is one request though: some of the barns seem to have a higher collision radius than others. The red one with the two doors for example can not be placed with its back side right next to the hedges whereas the equivalent brown one can. Is there a possibility to change that in the next update?
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

livesea72 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:17 pm Im having a problem refilling the kuhn deltis 1302 from Jims fert and herbicide refilling stations. Not sure if its related to kuhn equipment or not but i don't have a trigger. Not asking for fix as im sure jim is really busy just a observation.
Had the same problem but it will fill the front tank so I filled that,unloaded it then filled it again and loaded the sprayer from the previously un loaded liquid fert
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

RODHA wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:49 pm Do you have the latest version?

Changelog v1.0.0.1
- Fixed an issue of being stuck on loading screen.
- Fixed placing placeabls in Farm-Manager mode.
- Fixed Manure and Slurry buy point at Live Stock Market.
- Various other fixes.
Please note that Farm-Manager mode will require new game save.

If I understood what you mean correctly, this should be fixed with V1.0.0.1
I have latest version. Im on start from scratch. The place where the buildings used to is causing issues if you turn them into fields. I have a hay field where the dairy barn was that won't let hay pile in the spot. If I mow it unloads at the edges. If I windrow it and it brings it inside the layout it disappears.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Patrick73 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:47 pm
livesea72 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:17 pm Im having a problem refilling the kuhn deltis 1302 from Jims fert and herbicide refilling stations. Not sure if its related to kuhn equipment or not but i don't have a trigger. Not asking for fix as im sure jim is really busy just a observation.
Had the same problem but it will fill the front tank so I filled that,unloaded it then filled it again and loaded the sprayer from the previously un loaded liquid fert
I have amazone self propelled sprayer as well that unload then fill from those.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:54 pm Hey if you talk to alien Jim, make sure he knows he's a rockstar..that update made my day.
Sure, will do *thumbsup*
He is quite quick on his feet when it comes to game changes and updates.
I didn't even know that the mod maps have to be adjusted to be able to sell poplar bales.
PS5 / FS22