Mercury Farms by Alien Jim (Official Topic)

Rasping rabbit

Re: Mercury Farms by Alien Jim (Official Topic)

Post by Rasping rabbit »

ALiEN JiM wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:52 pm Hi everyone, I just want to say many thanks to you all for the information you all have been providing, at least now I can stop taking packs of painkillers for the headaches lol
Jim, thanks for both the map, and the mod pack. Awesome work as always 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

ALiEN JiM wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:52 pm Hi everyone, I just want to say many thanks to you all for the information you all have been providing, at least now I can stop taking packs of painkillers for the headaches lol
Jim,

I think am the person that should be aployizing to you Jim as am always finding little bugs. AM SORRY. Anyway I couldn't of ask for a better map as of late, cannot not wait for your next map 8 months is a long time (on average).
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

fozbot1973 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:47 am I placed one of the superb silos from AlienJim's Mercury Farm Shed Pack on my Marwell Manor game and have been testing it out but have found a weird glitch and would be interested if anyone else has seen this.

If I load the silo with total mixed ration and unload it into a regular trailer, like the base-game 21000 litre Agroliner, then it works fine, but if I try to load TMR into a TMR mixer (have tried the base-game 16k litre Silo-King, the 29k litre Anderson pack one and the base-game self-propelled Strautmann) then the mixer fills up to capacity but the silo continues to unload (and display the TMR pouring out of the spout) beyond this until you tell it to stop. This excess TMR is lost. I've placed it fields away from any other silos and it doesn't do this when loading straw or hay into the mixer.

It's something I can work around, I'll just use the mixer for putting TMR into the silo and use a trailer to ship it to the cows, but it's unusual. I tried turning off all mods apart from the shed pack itself and it still did this, it only stops unloading once the silo is empty of TMR.

edit: I just tried the same thing using the built-in silo on Mercury Farms and it does the same thing. I could confirm that silage worked properly though, so it's only when you load the mixer with TMR.
Thank you for reporting this issue fozbot1973 :hi:

I have deliberately carried your post here as this is where we collect and share all the information we have on Jim's map and the shed pack.

I have used Jim's silo but I hadn't tried TMR on it yet. Hence, I can't comment at the moment.
But I'll relay your issue to Jim right away and see what he has got to say.
PS5 / FS22
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

RODHA wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:22 amThank you for reporting this issue fozbot1973 :hi:

I have deliberately carried your post here as this is where we collect and share all the information we have on Jim's map and the shed pack.

I have used Jim's silo but I hadn't tried TMR on it yet. Hence, I can't comment at the moment.
Thanks RODHA. *thumbsup* I suspect that unloading TMR back into a mixer isn't something that a lot of people would do, so it's probably not going to get seen very much. I only found it from messing around doing my own testing on the silo. Whether it's an issue with the silo or a foible with how the game handles TMR mixers I've no idea - would be very interested to hear if others see the same thing though.
HenderikJan

Post by HenderikJan »

fozbot1973 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:05 am
RODHA wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:22 amThank you for reporting this issue fozbot1973 :hi:

Thanks RODHA. *thumbsup* I suspect that unloading TMR back into a mixer isn't something that a lot of people would do, so it's probably not going to get seen very much. I only found it from messing around doing my own testing on the silo. Whether it's an issue with the silo or a foible with how the game handles TMR mixers I've no idea - would be very interested to hear if others see the same thing though.
Yes I can confirm that the tmr keeps running filling the SiloKing with tmr and it will empty the silo, did this when I was testing the placeable tree mod. Loading back into the feedmixer is a lot I do since I use the same feedmixer for straw and hay also. On the other hand I can live with it because it is not a game breaker, I like the silo to much to stop using it. Thanks Jim for making the mod :smileynew: :smileynew:
Fs17, Fs19 on Pc and PS4. Both with their own challenges and solutions :gamer:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

It is probably a mixer issue.
But even though, it should give the error message "TMR is not accepted" instead of just dumping it into oblivion.
PS5 / FS22
wombles

Post by wombles »

Thank you Jim for your hard work, your outstanding in your field :). Absolute wizard when it comes to the things you do in FS.
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

I would also like to thank Jim for his mods and maps - the shed pack in particular is going to be something I will get a LOT of use out of and it will really be hugely helpful so thank you SO much for creating them.
HenderikJan wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:06 am
Yes I can confirm that the tmr keeps running filling the SiloKing with tmr and it will empty the silo,
Thanks HenderikJan, good to know it's not just me! *thumbsup* I agree, it's FAR from a mod-killer, it's a fairly minor thing if it only happens with the mixers as I will be using a trailer to take it out of the silo pretty much every time anyway. The only time it would come up is if I don't have a trailer free. Creating TMR mixes using the silo works perfectly.

If it can be fixed then that would be really good, but it's easy enough to avoid. I think a note in the mod/map description in that case would be beneficial though, so people don't get caught out.
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

My apologies to you Alien Jim as well. The shed pack has been an immense help. Keep up the great work!

Brinko
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Keep up the great work AJ!! New update on mercury farms is awesome, got rid of dodgy fill point near new maintenance shed, that *censored* emptied my bank account when I found it. Quickly discovered that you don't hide fences then show fences after changing your mind and forgetting you parked a truck and trailer where a fence is.... Still waiting for my truck to come back to earth, lols. Anyways much love to ALiEN JiM for all the great mods and the best map on FS19
ever!
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

Jim I know this isn't your thing but never harm in asking the question, will you ever create a map similar for Mustang valley map? I.E monster map filling fields? If not no worries, if yes then Fantastic.

As for mercury it seems it's next update will only be needed for seasons when it comes😁
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
Konnork98

Post by Konnork98 »

Jim your work is incredible keep it up! Mercury farms is my main map
Boots

Post by Boots »

Hello all
With the new update to the map I started another savegame so I could remove all the hedges and fences and some trees
My intention was to see if I could make a map myself
Once I bought all the land and sold all the animal areas and out buildings etc. I only kept the main house (I needed somewhere to sleep)
I then painted all the fields and land with grass
Next I set about to make the layout I wanted
This has taken some time
After I got to a small starting point I sold all the land I did not want at this time
Now the land I sold was painted all over with grass my intention was to build on this later with the field layout I wanted
As I was working away ploughing, seeding etc to the land I owned looking over to the land I sold every thing was going great
The next day to my surprise on the land I no longer owned all the fields re appeared with various crops in them

Now I am not complaining about this
In fact I was kinda pleased because the time it took me to make a small farm with some fields was so much that I almost gave up
The time it must take to make a map from scratch with all the roads, fields, sale points and decoration must be great.

This is still the best map out to allow you to make changes you want

I just want to let you know what happened to me when I sold the land back and the original fields returned

Thank You Alien Jim for this fantastic map
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

As I really don't like messing around with any map I usually don't make any changes whatsoever. And even if I need to make a change it is limited to the fields and I do it the old school way with a plow.
So, I can't really say something definitive about your issue but it seems like the game has taken over the control of the land you sold back and put them into the loop again.
However, the weird thing is the game doesn't take over the control of the land you sold normally. For example if you sell a field after harvesting it stays harvested. At least thats what I experience all the time.
But may be because you make all those changes with the landscaping tool, the game kinda reset the terrain to its original state after you sold them.
PS5 / FS22
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

RODHA wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:10 pm As I really don't like messing around with any map I usually don't make any changes whatsoever. And even if I need to make a change it is limited to the fields and I do it the old school way with a plow.
So, I can't really say something definitive about your issue but it seems like the game has taken over the control of the land you sold back and put them into the loop again.
However, the weird thing is the game doesn't take over the control of the land you sold normally. For example if you sell a field after harvesting it stays harvested. At least thats what I experience all the time.
But may be because you make all those changes with the landscaping tool, the game kinda reset the terrain to its original state after you sold them.
Same here, I normally just plow together but can still cause worker issues. What we need is a map that's flat and one field and let us do what we want lol.
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this: