Mercury Farms by Alien Jim (Official Topic)

RODHA

Mercury Farms by Alien Jim (Official Topic)

Post by RODHA »

Hello everybody and welcome to this official topic of a new map that is due out soon by...

Alien Jim

Mercury Farms

We will gather your thoughts, complaints, compliments :biggrin2: and bug reports on this topic and give you tips&tricks along with legit information on the map to create a better experience for you.

Jim will be watching the topic but he might not be able to take a presence all the time.
So, basically I'll do the talking :biggrin2:

And we are also hoping to see MrSealyp Image from time to time.

Let's just start with the basics of the new map.

First of all it will be posted to Giants for both PC and Console testing soon and will have a fully implemented "build your own farm" feature as most of you have been asking for ages :coolnew:

No, it is not anything like Giants announced for FS19 and yes Jim has been working on this even before Giants announcement on that feature.

Remember, Jim managed to achieve that by using FS17 resources and capabilities and he even managed to make it console ready.
So, kudos Jim for creating another "impossible" map with some "impossible" features :hi:

In it's starter form, meaning the first version, the map is not too complicated and cluttered in terms of object positioning and proximity.
There are 2 main reasons for that, one being the smooth performance on all platforms was a necessity and the second being the fact that if you want to build your own farm from scratch you don't get to have too much in the begining :biggrin2: That is kind of the nature of that concept which I totally hate as some of you know :lol:

But Jim also has a solution for human beings without any type of imagination like myself :mrgreen:
There is a layer (so to speek) build into the map which provides you to create a prebuild farm if you wanted to.
Let me be a bit more specific. There are buildings and stuff that were embeded into the map on their own land. If you want, you can build those simply by clicking on an icon which gives you the option to raise up the "in-map" farm building by building.
If you want to use your own placeables then you just don't do that and use the land as a placeable area and build your own farm.
You don't want a farm? Then just plow the land into a field. Thats all up to your liking.
Ohh btw, if you are not into animals, you also don't need the animal pens do you? So, just do whatever you want with that piece of land too.

And there is also a cool trick to widen up the entrances to the fields by altering the fences but let's just keep it as a surprise like some other features.

Lastly, the map is worker friendly. Even the most intelligent and smart workers of FS17 should have no problems whatsoever :mrgreen:

Now, it is time for some development pictures...

Image...Image...Image
Image...Image...Image
Image...Image...Image
Image...Image

Lastly, I will try to keep up with your questions and comments regularly but please do forgive me for the times that I can't because I have 2 full time jobs to attend to.

Edit don_apple: moved to 'WIP mods' section since this thread is about a mod map that is still work-in-progress (WIP).
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Re: Mercury Farms by Alien Jim (Official Topic)

Post by BigC92 »

I like where this is going... Continue.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Alien Jim does some pretty impressive stuff.

Like that one map that cleared up the clutter on the main yard.
x3SGTEx

Post by x3SGTEx »

Oh man this sounds incredible! I'm all ears..
Twitch-https://m.twitch.tv/straightlinegaming_/profile
Twitter-https://mobile.twitter.com/slg_twitch
Specs-
Console- PS4 Pro
Gaming PC- Cooler Master pro 5 w/ ML240L | i7-7700K @5ghz | ASUS Prime z270-K | Asus GTX1080Ti Strix OC 11GB | HyperX 16GB ddr4 | Corsair RM750x gold+ | crucial 500GB ssd/WD 2TB hdd
Logitech G29 w/ H-shifter
Logitech T.Flight Hotas 4
Modified DS4 to joystick controller
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Weasle wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:02 am Alien Jim does some pretty impressive stuff.

Like that one map that cleared up the clutter on the main yard.
Spectacle Island
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017

Jim takes more of a functional path on his maps rather than the sheer looks of the map itself.
The results of both paths are truly amazing *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
MrSealyp

Post by MrSealyp »

Having been part of the process from the outset, I can honestly say that Jim has worked his usual magic on this new map. When GIANTS announced the 'Build your own farm' situation for FS19, Jim was, understandably, gutted. He had been working away on this concept for some time. He won't mind me saying that he was ready to throw in the towel! As you will see upon release, I'm so glad he persevered as the results are fantastic.
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Agreed, not having Jim make maps is like never being able to get Tea anymore...
You keep a Troshin :hi:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thats an interesting way of putting it :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: but true..
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

Jim is an absolute legend. His thinking behind his map making is a master class. Giants need to consult with him in the future to improve fs towards another level.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

MrSealyp wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:00 am Having been part of the process from the outset, I can honestly say that Jim has worked his usual magic on this new map. When GIANTS announced the 'Build your own farm' situation for FS19, Jim was, understandably, gutted. He had been working away on this concept for some time. He won't mind me saying that he was ready to throw in the towel! As you will see upon release, I'm so glad he persevered as the results are fantastic.
This looks amazing...any chance you will be doing a preview of this map on your channel? I realise you can’t yet play it on PS4 but a small video somehow? Oh love your channel BTW
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ we are in the process of seriously thinking to create some preview videos (before the first look) but this all depends on Jim’s decision and if they are done they will be linked in this topic.
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Leicesterlichtie wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:41 pm Jim is an absolute legend. His thinking behind his map making is a master class. Giants need to consult with him in the future to improve fs towards another level.
Thank you so much for this :hi:
You wouldn’t know what it means because I just can’t make Jim to believe that there are real fans of his work out there :smileynew:
PS5 / FS22
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

*thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* Just get him to look on this Topic..it speaks for itself..
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

Maybe giants should just hire him to make their maps