add older tractors to FS19?

Maxxum 135

Re: add older tractors to FS19?

Post by Maxxum 135 »

Dogface wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:38 pm But would you all PAY for an Old Tractor DLC?
Most certainly would if it contained some nice 70s & 80s era tractors.
The modern classics DLC was purchased so would certainly be up for some more.
After your excellent classics pack you look like the man for the job. :mrgreen:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Some of the older tractors their adding look great
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

Dogface wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:38 pm But would you all PAY for an Old Tractor DLC?
Yes in a heartbeat.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Me too, that would be a cool DLC. But a lot of players want stuff, but only if it is free stuff.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I depends on how good they look, works like it suppose to, and if its cheap enough.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Well before we all start getting ahead of ourselves we still have a month, so there are still more fact sheets coming and we don't have the full veiw yet, yes I would also pay for a good dlc but let us see what is coming first shall we.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

no - but only b/c you cannot edit DLC content at all. If I could edit them, then sure, I would pay for them.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Depending on the cost I would. I have got used to having the older machinery even if just to have to use around the farm, at least one or two pieces of machinery have been on every map.
LawnBoyDude91

Post by LawnBoyDude91 »

The problem is Giants complete neglects the fact that to start a farm. You need old used equipment. And that Giants shoves wonder junk down our throats. It ticks me off big time. Cause my buddies who farm. All run 45-80 horse tractors only. And make decent money with them. The 4000 liter baler stock is a turn off as my buddy has both a 2000 liter 4x4 Vermeer from the 80's and a conventional 300-400 liter square baler. And makes 20 grand on bales each year. Along with his tractor repair shop bringing another 15-20 grand. So It is dumb to see Giants neglect the small older farms who thrive off of baling with 45-80 horse tractors. And old implements.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

In my opinion the problem with small tractors in the current game is the limited work width of the corresponding equipment. FS19 has the same parcel width as the previous games, which is 0,5 m. Working on this map type with equipment with small work width wouldn't look good as it would look offset most of the time. To make a map fitting for small tractors they would have to lower that value to at least 0,25 m or even lower. But this would increase the hardware requirements beyond the capabilities of many systems (all of the consoles probably). This could be countered by decreasing the overall map size but then the map wouldn't be optimized for the larger machinery anymore. (Giants tend to design their maps, so all equipment can be used on all maps.)
Besides that most players actuall like those new big machinery and they would have to put a lot of work into it for a rather small audience.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
patrixon78

Post by patrixon78 »

Yes
junttieinari

Post by junttieinari »

I wouldn't mind Nuffield :)
Nuffield FTW!
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

yeah i'd definitely want old wheels, of the old times. when agriculture main goal was to feed, and not make cash. something slow..
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Patiently waiting for the Classics Pack to make it's way from FS17 to 19.

Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

so cool wheels there, some cool stuff :biggrin2: