FS19 lime question.

Miketeg

Re: FS19 lime question.

Post by Miketeg »

The lime texture look pretty neat too! We can see it very well in the english stream.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Here is my question on the lime, will you be able to unload spreaders so you can switch between lime and fert with the same machine?
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

They said in other post that we will be able to unload equipment without loosing products.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

redglasses wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:21 pm
Preble 818 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:33 am Yea I really liked seeing that too. Games looks great from what I can tell so far.
Ya the field info looked pretty good and will help quite a bit, does this mean it got removed from the map in the menu? :hmm:
I'm not sure they didn't show any of that now that I think if it but I did see a page in the UI that looked similar to the initial page that we have now that shows the different crop types so I believe that will still exist similar to what we have now. Or we'll be doing a lot of driving lol.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Correct crops like ground with a pH of 7-8 line has two type high Cal and high mag which is calcium and magnesium you want them to be balanced so the crop has all the right amounts of primary and secondary fertilizer so that it grows correctly which is why lime is used so that it helps balance everything and the use of the plow is lowered especially in no till.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

Watching the latest stream, it appears that adding lime is an extra process because they had the option menu up and they still had the plow option and under it was the lime option.
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

Seems you need to plow for beets, potatos and one other crop. Otherwise lime replaces plowing on the three year cycle.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

True a plow can help a great deal but if you lime a field and plow it you can have two benefits which is getting the ground to 7-8 pH and moving the ground so that the fertilizer the wasn't used back to the top so it can be used up
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Sandhill wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:11 pm Seems you need to plow for beets, potatos and one other crop. Otherwise lime replaces plowing on the three year cycle.
I think all crops will require lime,but not all crops require ploughing I think listertan mentioned that last night
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

my understanding is you still have to plow once in a while. but if you plant beets, potatos and one other crop I think it was corn is that you have to plow after every harvest. so if you plant beets you will have to plow evertime you harvest beets. that was my take on it..
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

redglasses wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:21 pm
Preble 818 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:33 am Yea I really liked seeing that too. Games looks great from what I can tell so far.
Ya the field info looked pretty good and will help quite a bit, does this mean it got removed from the map in the menu? :hmm:
nope i kinda remember them saying it was still on the map as well when they talked about the field info box in the first stream.
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

I remember back around farmcon they said each crop will compact the soil a certain amount, some less and some a lot more, and that will affect when you need to plow, not sure if they changed something since then or not.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Well the oil seed radish has a deep tap root that should bypass the need to plow
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^That would be nice
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

But that's real life to have that done in at game I'm not sure if they would be able to do that