FS19 Farm placement roads/tracks

Dexadrinne

FS19 Farm placement roads/tracks

Post by Dexadrinne »

I have watched a few live streams of the hosts placing building etc on the map. I have read reports there is NO OPTION to place roads tracks etc.
I find the completely stupid placing farm structures down with no means of joining them to some sort of road/track structure. Instead there is grass everywhere. Is this true? And if it is true are there going to be ways to connect you're farm building with some sort of road structure?

Regards
Preble 818

Re: FS19 Farm placement roads/tracks

Post by Preble 818 »

There were supposed to be placeable ground textures according to Listertan. That was part of the farm creation dev blog so unless they scrapped it there should at least be a way to do dirt paths or something. I agree it would be useless not to have something. It looks like when you place a structure and sell it it leaves a bare patch of ground with no grass so something of the sort is surely possible to make a path.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

They never mentioned it in any of the streams i watched, they just messed around with the hilly ground forming around something you placed.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 am They never mentioned it in any of the streams i watched, they just messed around with the hilly ground forming around something you placed.
Hopefully their saving it for later. It seemed they shied away from fully showing us the placeable sections. But I didnt see a category for anything like paths or ground textures either. It's also possible they are playing a preview version and don't have the full game in front of them.
Dexadrinne

Post by Dexadrinne »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 am They never mentioned it in any of the streams i watched, they just messed around with the hilly ground forming around something you placed.
Yes i would have liked to have seen a little more in depth on this subject.It seemed from the streams quite haphazard tbh. Well only 6 days to go lets hope there IS something in place for laying down roads and tracks as you place youre buildings.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yes Preble, i think they left out quite alot of details on certain features, but as you said it could be a preview version, but with more stuff in it. So yeah that is a good point, but i would love to see a version of Ground Modification in the game, but Lisertan said something about sand squares, that's been thrown around alot, so maybe Giants will add some sort of road making system in the final release, or in a update, but i do believe tomorrow their doing a Q&A, they said they will mess around with the dog, im interested in that as well.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Yea for some reason I'm pumped about the dog too.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The squares are in the game and it was a final build of the game pre patch
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

eric21 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 am The squares are in the game and it was a final build of the game pre patch
Good news then.
drb

Post by drb »

Dexadrinne wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:46 am I have read reports there is NO OPTION to place roads tracks etc.
Which reports are those? Are they from Giants?
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

I'm eagerly awaiting info on this subject as it didn't look very good in the 2 mins of air time that it got in the streams. To me it looks OK if you want to expand on a pre-made farm by adding the odd shed here and there but it looks like it could be a car crash if we are supposed to create an entire farm yard using the system that we saw. I think i'll be leaving it to the mod map makers to build proper farms.

I don't want to poo poo it as i really do think the game in general looks incredible but:

Unless we have tools to change the ground, lay a flat base texture and create roads connecting it to the main roads then its not going to work as far as I'm concerned. As has been said, when the house was demolished it left a nice flat hardcore texture. I really hope there is a tool to lay concrete/hardcore/dirt pads like this which you could seamlessly lay down together or even better, be able to mark out an area and place one big textured, flat pad and then build on top of that (like you do in games such as sim city, roller-coaster tycoon, etc. They can't honestly expect us to be satisfied with uneven grass fields growing in the middle of our yards and in between buildings, or buildings that are all siting at different levels to each other?

Its going to be expensive if you have to build and demolish 20 houses to get a level pad to build on. Even with this method i can see there is going to be a levelling issue and your going to end up with a 20 ft 90 degree drop at the edge of the pad and that's IF you can get each section to sit at the same level as the last one.

It seems that the sheds come with their own foundation texture that supersedes what it is placed on . Its going to be stupid if you build a shed on a concrete pad and then a big patch of dirt appears in front of it, on what was concrete.

Is it me or does there only seemed to be USA style structures. A traditional timber ranch house with a big american porch is going to look a bit odd in the European setting.

At the end of the day, I guess it will be a useful feature for expanding on pre made farms, changing small sheds for bigger ones etc and that is all I originally wanted from fs19. I wasn't particularly interested in this feature when it was announced, then i got quite excited about it but now we are seeing it I can't help but feel its a bit lacking in functionality. It looks like more of a gimmick for kids and people that don't require the realism of a simulator.

If what we have seen is what we are getting then maybe there is a way around it. For example, if the map makers put in several flat areas with empty concrete pads around the maps that you can buy as a "construction sites" with access to roads etc then i could see that working. Maybe if you bought an area that had one of these site that you dont want to use for building on, you could dig it up and make it into a field?
There's an area on Oakfeild farm that is market as development land which is nice and flat.

I wonder how easy it is for Modders to convert FS17 mods to FS19? I really really really hope Oakfield farm can be made for FS19!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

eric21 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 am The squares are in the game and it was a final build of the game pre patch
Nice, now we can build a yard in the middle of a field lol, or a yard on a yard :lol: :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I would agree the system is quirky I guess you could say and it’ll take some getting used to and working with but knowing giants they’ll only improve it from here out, I’m already planning where I wanna place my house and farm yard 😁
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

In today's English stream Ken said that they are working on the ability to add roads.
MechPilot85

Post by MechPilot85 »

They mentioned in the stream today that they are working on a system to place roads, etc. for your farm and it won't be in the game at launch. So I'm guessing it'll either get added during an update (like rear-only duals did in FS 17) or as an official mod on the Giant's site (like crop destruction and a few others did for FS 17).

Also, side comment I saw show up that is somewhat related. They also confirmed Big Bud will be available post launch via the mod hub.